Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
    You say "most people" but what about the people who don't keep up with the Pairwise Rankings????
    They can look them up. But feel free to keep posting them if it makes you feel better.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

I like to keep NMU Hockey fans on this thread updated on current information about the team so I try to post factual things like team game results, team records, team opponents, team rankings, player scoring, player injuries, player recruits, home attendance, coaching records, etc, etc, etc so if I include current NMU Pairwise Rankings I'm sorry if it offends anyone's intelligence.... It's just a part of my NMU Hockey postings on this thread and nothing to get bent out of shape over.... NMU currently being ranked #58 out of 60 NCAA D1 Hockey teams is a very alarming fact and it should facilitate some serious banter and conversation about the program don't you think????

Comment

You say "most people" but what about the people who don't keep up with the Pairwise Rankings????
        I'm pretty sure most people can figure out that the ranking of a 4-15-2 team is "not very good."

Comment

I like to keep NMU Hockey fans on this thread updated on current information about the team so I try to post factual things like team game results, team records, team opponents, team rankings, player scoring, player injuries, player recruits, home attendance, coaching records, etc, etc, etc
          I think you should start including a short list of coaches to replace Walt after this season.
          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

I'm not that knowledgeable about prospective D1 college hockey head coaching guys that are out there and I've always wanted Walt Kyle to be successful at NMU with his teams so I'm the wrong person to speculate about that.... I'd rather report on the current state of the team and how they are doing....

Comment

I'm not that knowledgeable about prospective D1 college hockey head coaching guys that are out there and I've always wanted Walt Kyle to be successful at NMU with his teams so I'm the wrong person to speculate about that.... I'd rather report on the current state of the team and how they are doing....
              Start a blog.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Check out the size of the Cornell hockey team that NMU lost to yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
                NMU got "man-handled"!!!!!!!!!!!

F - Jr. Dwyer Tschantz (6'5" 225lbs)

F - So. Beau Starrett (6'5" 225lbs)

D - Jr. Dan Wedmen (6'5" 215lbs)

F - So. Anthony Angello (6'5" 210lbs)

F - Sr. Jeff Kubiak (6'3" 215lbs)

D - So. Alec McCray (6'3" 211lbs)

D - Sr. Patrick McCarron (6'3" 200lbs)

D - So. Trent Shore (6'3" 200lbs)

F - Fr. Jeff Malott (6'3" 200lbs)

F - Sr. Matt Buckles (6'2" 215lbs)

F - Sr. Jake Weidner (6'2" 205lbs)

F - Jr. Trevor Yates (6'2" 205lbs)

Comment

The irony is we're smaller than we've been in about a decade. The reason we badly outshot NMU was quickness: we were winning the race to the puck.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2016, 03:18 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Merrimack 1 NMU 0 (End of 1st Period) - Merrimack outshoots NMU (17-2) in the 1st Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Merrimack 1 NMU 0 (End of 1st Period) - Merrimack outshoots NMU (17-2) in the 1st Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      17-2

Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                        17-2

Well, that's because MC had 0 quality shots last night.

Comment

Merrimack 2 NMU 0 (End of 2nd Period) - NMU has (6) shots on goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Merrimack 2 NMU 0 (End of 2nd Period) - NMU has (6) shots on goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            At least there were dolphins.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

Merrimack 4 NMU 2 (Final)
                              NMU is now (4-16-2) and are (1-11-1) in their last (13) games!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Like Vince Lombardi once said: "What the hell is going on out here"?????

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                                If they don't keep up with it, that may be a signal of their interest. It's the bounce between 12, 15,17 that intrigues people. 52, 55, 58, not so much.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X