Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

This is Captain Hayden's team to lead. I see Snively becoming the star of the team. Young defense and virtually untested goalies will be an issue, although I expect Spano to start the season. With nine newcomers the early season games may be ugly. Stevens and the Smith Brothers seem to be the brightest lights of the incoming class. Even with all of the transition I see Yale as a top 4 team in conference and most likely a bubble dwelling NCAA tourney team.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

A question was asked on the Yale hockey Facebook page about the Ivy League Digital Network concerning cost. The following is the the most economical way to watch your teams Ivy League ONLY games. Wait until October 29 the day of the first Yale regular season game and order the league 4 month pass for 49.95. This will get you all Yale home and away ( against Ivy opponents) games for the regular season which ends on Feb 25. It also gets you all other Ivy team home and away hockey games as well as football, basketball and whatever other sports you like. A pretty good value if you time it right. YMMV on the feed quality depending on rink facilities.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Link to Yale Men's Hockey Facebook group, a good bunch of folks. https://www.facebook.com/groups/78312317064/
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        A question was asked on the Yale hockey Facebook page about the Ivy League Digital Network concerning cost. The following is the the most economical way to watch your teams Ivy League ONLY games. Wait until October 29 the day of the first Yale regular season game and order the league 4 month pass for 49.95. This will get you all Yale home and away ( against Ivy opponents) games for the regular season which ends on Feb 25. It also gets you all other Ivy team home and away hockey games as well as football, basketball and whatever other sports you like. A pretty good value if you time it right. YMMV on the feed quality depending on rink facilities.
        Road games @ Clarkson, St. Lawrence, and RPI are free to watch. RPI has outstanding video quality.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I agree that Yale is top 4 in the ECAC (along w/QU, HVD, possibly Clarkson) and bubble for NCAA. I think Allain may have a little tryout with Spano and Kaczperski over the first few games--he might want to get K started earlier to develop more over the season with an eye toward future years. I'm sure some of that decision will rest on what he sees in practices (to which I will not, of course, have any visibility). The D has to develop quickly to make up for many graduations, and hopefully Repensky can come back strong after some injuries. And, I hope Gaus can get more time; I like his heavy shot and I think that would open up some opportunities in front of the net.
          Last edited by razorben; 09-19-2016, 09:16 AM.
          Boolaboola

Comment

And, any thoughts on top line? Snively, Hayden, and ?.
            Boolaboola

Comment

Originally posted by razorben View Post
              I agree that Yale is top 4 in the ECAC (along w/QU, HVD, possibly Clarkson) and bubble for NCAA. I think Allain may have a little tryout with Spano and Kaczperski over the first few games--he might want to get K started earlier to develop more over the season with an eye toward future years. I'm sure some of that decision will rest on what he sees in practices (to which I will not, of course, have any visibility). The D has to develop quickly to make up for many graduations, and hopefully Repensky can come back strong after some injuries. And, I hope Gaus can get more time; I like his heavy shot and I think that would open up some opportunities in front of the net.
              Don't ignore the Larries. If they can get some flow into their PP, they will challenge for the top spot.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Don't ignore the Larries. If they can get some flow into their PP, they will challenge for the top spot.
                Hayton in net helps them. Coaching change is an x factor.
                Boolaboola

Comment

And, any thoughts on top line? Snively, Hayden, and ?.
                  Or maybe split them up to spread the wealth. I could see Allain putting the Smith Brothers with Hayden. Stevens is hopefully talented enough to lead his own line, it will be very interesting to see how it shakes out. Piotrowski is the guy who may be a wild card this year as well, he had some great games last year and is gaining a little polish to his game. Just saw a pic of Frank the Tank and he looked more like a Jeep from working out hard this summer, he hopefully gained some speed.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Or maybe split them up to spread the wealth. I could see Allain putting the Smith Brothers with Hayden. Stevens is hopefully talented enough to lead his own line, it will be very interesting to see how it shakes out. Piotrowski is the guy who may be a wild card this year as well, he had some great games last year and is gaining a little polish to his game. Just saw a pic of Frank the Tank and he looked more like a Jeep from working out hard this summer, he hopefully gained some speed.
                    I thought about it. Hayden and Snively have chemistry, and Hitch might work well as a playmaker between them. The Smith brothers have chemistry--we will learn if they have game--so maybe keep them together, too.

And I want to see Frankie put up some big goals this year. I know he has it in him.
                    Boolaboola

Comment

I thought about it. Hayden and Snively have chemistry, and Hitch might work well as a playmaker between them. The Smith brothers have chemistry--we will learn if they have game--so maybe keep them together, too.

And I want to see Frankie put up some big goals this year. I know he has it in him.
                      Frank to me is a big game goal scorer, he seems to be clutch in those situations for whatever reason. I had kind of forgotten abouut Hitchcock due to his injuries, that line pairing you recommend would be killer. The teams problem may also be a wealth of wingers and not enough centermen.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Maybe the approach is move Snively to center, with Hayden and Doherty. Hitch centers another line (Smiths?, or whomever). Can Izzy play center? Baiocco? I don't know.

It's all speculation, but I like it.
                        Boolaboola

Comment

Lyon

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20161006vhvfca

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Alex Lyon, the goalie who owns nearly every Yale statistical record for his position, was a hit with the Philadelphia Flyers in his first National Hockey League action this pre-season.

Lyon, who signed as an undrafted free agent after three years in New Haven, stopped 28 of 29 New Jersey Devils shots in his debut. The saves included a pair of breakaways by Beau Bennett. The 6-foot-1, 198-pound Lyon then combined with a teammate to blank the New York Islanders.

Comment

Agostino

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20161005n8kmxg

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Kenny Agostino '14 has had a breakout pre-season as a member of the St. Louis Blues. He is among the team leaders with six points and a +4 rating over 62 minutes and five games this fall. The highest of the highlights from those five games was Agostino's two goals and three assists in a 7-5 win over Columbus late last month.

Comment

Re: Agostino

A pick up for Yale 2019. Out of Shattuck St Mary and USNDT. McKade Webster. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=285337
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X