Michigan Tech @ UMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech @ UMD

Not sure why this has to happen on the first regular day of the season, but nonetheless, Tech gets the season going with a very important series in the overall season perspective.

Tech will break in a new starting goalie and I am very curious to see who is between the pipes on October 1.

Tech is returning 11 forwards, 6 defenseman, and 2 goalies from the past season.
    They look to be very strong depth wise and the veteran d-corp should aid the transition to the new starting goalie/s.

I think this will be a split on the weekend, but am hopeful for a season beginning sweep of the Bulldogs.

All games against the NCHC this year need to be a focus. What can we expect in this opening season series?

Re: Michigan Tech @ UMD

Tech sweeps... but let's get to the real question on everyone's mind. Who has photos of the throwback jerseys Duluth will be wearing and auctioned to Tech fans that weekend?
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Not sure why this has to happen on the first regular day of the season, but nonetheless, Tech gets the season going with a very important series in the overall season perspective.

Tech will break in a new starting goalie and I am very curious to see who is between the pipes on October 1.

Tech is returning 11 forwards, 6 defenseman, and 2 goalies from the past season.
      They look to be very strong depth wise and the veteran d-corp should aid the transition to the new starting goalie/s.

I think this will be a split on the weekend, but am hopeful for a season beginning sweep of the Bulldogs.

All games against the NCHC this year need to be a focus. What can we expect in this opening season series?
      UMD will also break in a new goaltender and has some exciting freshmen to watch. Will be nice to not have a loss against a WCHA team this year . We can't have it killing our RPI now can we?

As for the jerseys...don't know exactly yet but they'll probably be this:

http://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachment..._27_medium.jpg
      Last edited by Biddco; 09-16-2016, 06:22 PM.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

Not those terrible highlighter jerseys.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

UMD will also break in a new goaltender and has some exciting freshmen to watch. Will be nice to not have a loss against a WCHA team this year . We can't have it killing our RPI now can we?

I was wondering how good those freshmen D are because they are going to be thrown into the fire right away. Tech's goaltenders are new but have been here a while and so are a lot better than they were as freshmen.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I was wondering how good those freshmen D are because they are going to be thrown into the fire right away. Tech's goaltenders are new but have been here a while and so are a lot better than they were as freshmen.
            The defense is solid. Our defense has solid and while UMD lost Andy Welinski they have Neal Pionk, and Willie Raskob returning. Carson Soucy and Brandon Koytk will also be solid contributors.

So Tech's goalies are good because they've sat on the bench?

I'm super excited to see the freshmen we have coming on offense. Riley Tufte, Minnesota's reigning Mr. Hockey and first round draft pick. Plus Mikey Anderson, who was also drafted and played on the USNDT. They will be fun to watch, especially Tufte. You'll want to put a guy or two on him.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
              Not those terrible highlighter jerseys.
              Yes, those terrible highlighter jerseys. It's the old school Bulldog head! It's so hard to make out...will be fascinating to see how they recreate them via throwbacks.
              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Yes, those terrible highlighter jerseys. It's the old school Bulldog head! It's so hard to make out...will be fascinating to see how they recreate them via throwbacks.
                My guess, poorly.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The defense is solid. Our defense has solid and while UMD lost Andy Welinski they have Neal Pionk, and Willie Raskob returning. Carson Soucy and Brandon Koytk will also be solid contributors.

So Tech's goalies are good because they've sat on the bench?

I'm super excited to see the freshmen we have coming on offense. Riley Tufte, Minnesota's reigning Mr. Hockey and first round draft pick. Plus Mikey Anderson, who was also drafted and played on the USNDT. They will be fun to watch, especially Tufte. You'll want to put a guy or two on him.
                  Well the goalies, you know when you first come in as a freshmen, you get coached and maybe you play a few games and after a while whether you play or not, you get better. So will they be a good as Phillips, no, but almost.
                  Second, when we played UConn last year they had a guy, arguably one of the best freshmen in HE, and we didn't put anyone on him, but he was definitely someone everyone was watching not to let get loose. And yes he was that good.
                  I think it will be a very good set of games. I'm really looking forward to not having to listen to Ciskie gloat.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Well the goalies, you know when you first come in as a freshmen, you get coached and maybe you play a few games and after a while whether you play or not, you get better. So will they be a good as Phillips, no, but almost.
                    Second, when we played UConn last year they had a guy, arguably one of the best freshmen in HE, and we didn't put anyone on him, but he was definitely someone everyone was watching not to let get loose. And yes he was that good.
                    I think it will be a very good set of games. I'm really looking forward to not having to listen to Ciskie gloat.
                    I'll have to find a link after the series so you can listen.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

I think the series with Duluth will be a split.
                      Anxious to see who will be in net.
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                        I think the series with Duluth will be a split.
                        Anxious to see who will be in net.
                        I am excited to watch some hockey again!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          I am excited to watch some hockey again!
                          Are you running the pick'm pool again this year? Hope so, it was fun even though I joined 2 weeks late.
                          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                            Are you running the pick'm pool again this year? Hope so, it was fun even though I joined 2 weeks late.
                            I will not be running the WCHA pick-em this season. I am doing a NCAA pick em which will feature 15 random games spread throughout the conferences each week. The first week of games to pick for NCAA pick-em will be October 8-9. The link to that thread is: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...k-em-2016-2017.

I figured trying to run a WCHA pick-em thread on top of the NCAA one would be to much. Anyone interested in running the WCHA pick-em thread I used to run is more than welcome to.

Comment

Twitch Boy cannot believe no one is using the proper conversational etiquette in this thread.

This shocks and disappoints Twitch Boy.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                              X