Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Maybe a junior coach or try a hot assistant from a big school and worst case a stud coach from Atlantic hockey
    You never know... After all, the last time we won gold at World Juniors, didn't we have a high school coach?

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Quinnipiac isn't a l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ school. Far from it.
      FYP

Comment

• Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
        Maybe the new title for this thread be Suffering with Seth. It can always be worse 37 years without an NCAA bid for Dartmouth
        That's a good title for Part 2 of this thread.
        Every time we have a bad year the "Fire Seth Appert" talk begins again. Well, guess what people? They are not, and I repeat NOT going to buy out his contract. So forget all the possible coaching changes. We are stuck with our so-called GC for better or for worse (and it can't get much worse than how it looks this year). I will be the most surprised person in here if SAJ or Dr. Lee decides to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Every time we have a bad year the "Fire Seth Appert" talk begins again. Well, guess what people? They are not, and I repeat NOT going to buy out his contract. So forget all the possible coaching changes. We are stuck with our so-called GC for better or for worse (and it can't get much worse than how it looks this year). I will be the most surprised person in here if SAJ or Dr. Lee decides to make a change.
          I can't speak specifically to the men's coaching situation, but it certainly sounds like they could us a CLEAN SWEEP of the whole hockey coaching staffs. I know the women are WAY overdue and could use some fresh blood/new ideas/clean googles! Not sure on contracts on that side, but agree with the feeling that they'll never buyout/spend money to make things right. Hope the men's team improves in the New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            They are not, and I repeat NOT going to buy out his contract.
            based upon.... ?

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
              based upon.... ?
              Recent history.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                based upon.... ?
                SAJ's over-bloated views on money.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious View Post
                  based upon.... ?
                  The fact that RPI isn't a hockey factory and they can't afford to throw money around.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Gave up a touchdown nice work
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      Gave up a touchdown nice work
                      I don't know what I was thinking. I had a late meeting so as I pulled out of the garage I picked up WRPI and it was already 2-0. As I passed near my house it was already 4-1 midway through the first. For some unknown reason I drove the 25 miles to the Whale, arriving just after the start of the second. Maybe I was lucky that we were only outscored 3-2 after that, but Yale could have easily added 3 or 4 more. It looked like we weren't even a D-I team. Maybe after last week's 4-1 shot margin at QU, tonight's roughly 2-1 margin wasn't so bad.

This is getting out of control quickly and the fan base is losing motivation just as fast. I don't think I've ever seen such a small and dispirited RPI contingent in New Haven. How long have we had the same coaching staff - 7 or 8 years? It's probably the longest in the ECAC without any turnover. Since the Colonel threw us off a cliff (is it 2021 the contract expires?), if we can't afford a new head coach, we'll have to wait until March and can the rest of the staff. Perhaps we'll catch lightning in a bottle where young assistants make up for the HC's weaknesses.

Forgive me, but after in 41 seasons of RPI hockey I've never felt so down about our present and future. If anyone feels otherwise perhaps they can help me see the light because things look pretty dark now.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        I don't know what I was thinking. I had a late meeting so as I pulled out of the garage I picked up WRPI and it was already 2-0. As I passed near my house it was already 4-1 midway through the first. For some unknown reason I drove the 25 miles to the Whale, arriving just after the start of the second. Maybe I was lucky that we were only outscored 3-2 after that, but Yale could have easily added 3 or 4 more. It looked like we weren't even a D-I team. Maybe after last week's 4-1 shot margin at QU, tonight's roughly 2-1 margin wasn't so bad.

This is getting out of control quickly and the fan base is losing motivation just as fast. I don't think I've ever seen such a small and dispirited RPI contingent in New Haven. How long have we had the same coaching staff - 7 or 8 years? It's probably the longest in the ECAC without any turnover. Since the Colonel threw us off a cliff (is it 2021 the contract expires?), if we can't afford a new head coach, we'll have to wait until March and can the rest of the staff. Perhaps we'll catch lightning in a bottle where young assistants make up for the HC's weaknesses.

Forgive me, but after in 41 seasons of RPI hockey I've never felt so down about our present and future. If anyone feels otherwise perhaps they can help me see the light because things look pretty dark now.

Take heart at least we can still watch decent D1 hockey here in Hamden, New Haven and Hartford....and with the move by Sacred Heart to Webster Arena maybe even real D1 hockey soon in Bridgeport. no more road trips back to my hometown of Troy with the family to watch the nightmare at HFH.

Comment

There is more talent on this team than credit is being given. No one is more disappointed in how this season is playing out than the players themselves. As fans, realize that these young men have feelings and are doing what they can to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                            There is more talent on this team than credit is being given. No one is more disappointed in how this season is playing out than the players themselves. As fans, realize that these young men have feelings and are doing what they can to win.
                            Believe me, I take no pleasure in this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you are right about our skill level. Yale was stronger in every facet of the game (except, perhaps, their goaltender, who wasn't tested for much of the game). Skating, stick work, passing, etc. weren't close to Yale's. We struggled to clear our end and when we did, all too often by chipping it out rather than a controlled breakout, it was frequently gathered at center ice and brought right back in. Yale's passing was much crisper. I'll bet their percentage of tape-to-tape passes was 3x ours. They went top shelf on Perry a couple of times that he had no chance to stop.

Oh well, tomorrow's a new day. In the words of Belichick, "We're on to Brown."

Comment

It is 2021, thanks Colonel. As for the turnover, several coaches have been with their respective teams longer, a few of them in this league alone.

Comment

Believe me, I take no pleasure in this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you are right about our skill level. Yale was stronger in every facet of the game (except, perhaps, their goaltender, who wasn't tested for much of the game). Skating, stick work, passing, etc. weren't close to Yale's. We struggled to clear our end and when we did, all too often by chipping it out rather than a controlled breakout, it was frequently gathered at center ice and brought right back in. Yale's passing was much crisper. I'll bet their percentage of tape-to-tape passes was 3x ours. They went top shelf on Perry a couple of times that he had no chance to stop.

Oh well, tomorrow's a new day. In the words of Belichick, "We're on to Brown."
                                Except I don't think you can deflate pucks to give yourself an advantage... although I do recall a SLU alum mentioning something else...

Comment

Working...
                                X