Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    johnk my best to you. Your Rangers are great to watch. Merry Christmas.
    Same to you buddy! Yea they need a little help on D but they are fun. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      Good, good, expletives always help further your *ahem* point. Your input must not be making a mark w/ me like it used to.
      You're not as intelligent as you think you are if you actually believe I care what you think.

Regardless, if you're missing the point, you need some data.

AD said "the top talent is not gifted academically". That's a good argument on the surface if you want to strawman or be defensive about RPI's poor record the last 5-10 years. However, those two guys came through the engineering program, excelled, and then went on to have good/great NHL careers, in fact, arguably second to Mr. Oates and Mr. Puppa, are alumni that made the largest impact in the NHL.

So, this entire "the top talent is not gifted academically" and will never attend "a small engineering school in Troy" argument is about 90% bunk.
      You don't seem to understand some very basic concepts of either statistics or rhetoric.

Oh well. Goodbye again, infant.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
        Real?? Why say it if you can't deliver? If I'm not mistaken, he was hired to deliver! 250K a year for a cheerleader is overpriced!
        If it works for politicians...

Comment

Look at how much activity on this board has spiked after a pair of losses and the return of AspyDad! Clearly the performance of the program is irrelevant.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Hello all, it’s been a long time. I hope this finds all of you well. I would like to extend my holiday wishes to all of you.
            Thank you, best wishes to you and yours as well.

PS I hope you have been enjoying the election results as much as I have been! You and I both remember how the results of the 1980 election initially were trumpeted as the end of the world, and how well it then turned out afterward.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              This program has been driven into the "who cares about RPI hockey stage". .... Some could say its because of a certain poster but I'm not buying it. The hockey we are witnessing stinks regardless of the integrity and class of the student athletes on this team. There used to be a point in time where I would not miss an RPI game and now I'm happy to get there when there is nothing better to do.
              Speaking solely for myself, it has been a combination of factors, we agree on one and disagree about another:
              -- while it may have started with one poster's persistent manner of phrasing his discontent (not the content, the unnecessary negativity and name calling), a sort of mean-spiritedness seems to have spread from him more broadly. At one point, this thread was a pleasant social experience, now it seems to be a place to vent. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not for me personally.
              -- as part of the above, I miss DrD.
              -- the results on the ice have been frustrating. I expect the players to be able to think on their feet and to execute the fundamentals; there is some inner spark or inner drive lacking: the players have not "taken ownership" of the team onto their own backs. I'm not talking about wins; I'm talking about the quality of play. I wouldn't mind if we had losing seasons where we were outplayed by better opponents as long as we played well. The team needs to be entertaining to maintain fan interest.
              -- the one score thread I checked into while the game was in progress, 65% of all the posts in the entire thread were from one person. and they were not useful nor interesting. I drop in for dialog, not monolog.
              -- I have other things going on in my life that now engage my time and attention more than they did in the past several years.

I still scan the score threads the next morning, and drop by here from time to time without posting anything, usually.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                Are you saying RPI is harder to get into then the Ivy schools? Other than Colgate and perhaps Q, who in our league has new hockey facilities? Yale? I don't think so and their boys were good enough to bring home a championship.
                The ice and barn may not be new but the training facilities, locker rooms, staff offices, etc. we're all part of a major underground expansion and renovation in 2008 that began a thriving era at Yale Hockey. The Coaching change also had a lot to do with the success. This page shows just some of the improvements which the fans never see. The old money that supported it, did not hurt either. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-hockey/2009-10/photos/0010/index
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  Are you saying RPI is harder to get into then the Ivy schools?
                  It's not just "getting into" the school, it also involves maintaining a minimum GPA once you get there. Ivy schools offer a broader array of potential majors.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    The ice and barn may not be new but the training facilities, locker rooms, staff offices, etc. we're all part of a major underground expansion and renovation in 2008 that began a thriving era at Yale Hockey. The Coaching change also had a lot to do with the success. This page shows just some of the improvements which the fans never see. The old money that supported it, did not hurt either. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...tos/0010/index
                    Also on that point, don't the hockey players have access to the ECAV training area, instead of the Armory area? That was new; it wasn't just a football stadium that was built.

Comment

Ralph did you miss me??? I can always run up your post count.
                      Who are you????
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our assistant coaches are bottom tier as well no added value
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            We only lost 6-0 to NoDak. Also you're just so very wrong. The pairwise isn't perfect, but if we had people choose the field instead of people, there would be 6 Hockey East and NCHC teams in the tournament every year. Why should our wins early that season be devalued just because we finished weak?
                            We used our lotto ticket and got 9 of the 10 teams to lose they did and we didn't even get out of first round
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              You're not as intelligent as you think you are if you actually believe I care what you think.

You don't seem to understand some very basic concepts of either statistics or rhetoric.

Oh well. Goodbye again, infant.
                              Girl, don't go away mad.
                              Girl, just go away.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Look at how much activity on this board has spiked after a pair of losses and the return of AspyDad! Clearly the performance of the program is irrelevant.
                                Thanks for the kind words. #MAGA. Best to you and your loved ones.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X