Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I guess they call it Conservative Arts to please our new President.
    I woulld say prez elect is more of a populist #MAGA
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
      When Seth first took the job he stated "We can win a championship with the academic standards currently at RPI." His words not mine!
      What do you think he was going to say??? Cmon let's get real.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Typical Engineer response. Sand meet Head. Merry Christmas.
        I'm sorry the data doesn't line up w/ your expectation-shattering, near-ignorant soliloquy earlier. Two of the programs NHL standouts being President's List engineering graduates does blow a gigantic hole in your argument. Not that it's the only hole.

All that said, and sarcasm aside, I'm glad you're here. It's not personal. Merry Christmas.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          No, really, I've missed you. I love that you and AspyDad have returned within a day of each other. I'm so grateful. Almost close enough to call it a Christmas miracle...
          It's funny that you think I left. One doesn't have to run his ****ing mouth in order to be present, which is something you should probably learn.

Any more paranoia you want to impart? You know, besides cherry-picking two players who never even played for the coach that preceded Appert in order to prove... I don't know what.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

near-ignorant soliloquy earlier
            stop using big words, I'm too ignorant. No offense taken.

Comment

I'm sorry the data doesn't line up w/ your expectation-shattering, near-ignorant soliloquy earlier. Two of the programs NHL standouts being President's List engineering graduates does blow a gigantic hole in your argument. Not that it's the only hole.

All that said, and sarcasm aside, I'm glad you're here. It's not personal. Merry Christmas.
              If these kids (at ANY of the 60 institutions with D-I hockey) weren't serious about their education, all they'd have to do is attend a tryout with Major Junior. Your point doesn't hold much clout.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                OK; was getting worried maybe SAJ threw you into the basement of the Troy Building for re-education or something...
                Never!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  What do you think he was going to say??? Cmon let's get real.
                  Real?? Why say it if you can't deliver? If I'm not mistaken, he was hired to deliver! 250K a year for a cheerleader is overpriced!
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    It's funny that you think I left. One doesn't have to run his ****ing mouth in order to be present, which is something you should probably learn.

Any more paranoia you want to impart? You know, besides cherry-picking two players who never even played for the coach that preceded Appert in order to prove... I don't know what.
                    Good, good, expletives always help further your *ahem* point. Your input must not be making a mark w/ me like it used to.

Regardless, if you're missing the point, you need some data.

AD said "the top talent is not gifted academically". That's a good argument on the surface if you want to strawman or be defensive about RPI's poor record the last 5-10 years. However, those two guys came through the engineering program, excelled, and then went on to have good/great NHL careers, in fact, arguably second to Mr. Oates and Mr. Puppa, are alumni that made the largest impact in the NHL.

So, this entire "the top talent is not gifted academically" and will never attend "a small engineering school in Troy" argument is about 90% bunk.
                    Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                      Real?? Why say it if you can't deliver? If I'm not mistaken, he was hired to deliver! 250K a year for a cheerleader is overpriced!
                      I cant imagine he makes that much. You make these bold statements that the coaches got this and that. How do you know??

Comment

Ralph did you miss me??? I can always run up your post count.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          stop using big words, I'm too ignorant. No offense taken.
                          Help me out here...

Since Coach Appert was hired, who is the only team in the ECAC to not reach the ECAC final four? Other engineering schools like CCT and Cornell? Lib Arts schools in dumpy towns like Union and QU?
                          Class of '93

Comment

Not getting into the ****ing contest, especially with Aspy who is a good man and a personal friend of Seth. Aspy also knows that I am personal friends with Fridge and knows how I feel about his abilities and the restrictions he had. Putting the personal stuff aside, Seth, from the times I have met him, is a great individual with a lot of integrity. He is giving all he has to this program. And also IMO, he is a marginal judge of talent and a well below average bench coach. Undeniably, this program is in a downward spiral and a change probably needs to be made. I'm glad to see some posters back. Whether you agree or disagree with what others are saying, keep posting. Even Flagdude has been tolerable and somewhat rational on some his recent posts.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              Not getting into the ****ing contest, especially with Aspy who is a good man and a personal friend of Seth. Aspy also knows that I am personal friends with Fridge and knows how I feel about his abilities and the restrictions he had. Putting the personal stuff aside, Seth, from the times I have met him, is a great individual with a lot of integrity. He is giving all he has to this program. And also IMO, he is a marginal judge of talent and a well below average bench coach. Undeniably, this program is in a downward spiral and a change probably needs to be made. I'm glad to see some posters back. Whether you agree or disagree with what others are saying, keep posting. Even Flagdude has been tolerable and somewhat rational on some his recent posts.
                              johnk my best to you. Your Rangers are great to watch. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                                I was totally on board until the last sentence
                                Class of '93

Comment

Working...
                                X