NCHC says no to Minnesota State and Arizona State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCHC says no to Minnesota State and Arizona State

NCHC says no expansion at this time. Apparently the Alaska schools played into this some?

Things get interesting now for Arizona State.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: NCHC says no to Minnesota State and Arizona State

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    NCHC says no expansion at this time. Apparently the Alaska schools played into this some?

Schlossman is reporting that the Alaska thing played a part in this. If you're the NCHC, and you think the whole landscape of college hockey could blow up again soon, why lock yourself in?

Comment

So I assume we've won the Arizona State sweepstakes by default?
      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Bravo. Neither school was worthy enough to join the illustrious NCHC.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Nothing further on how the Alaska schools played that part? Some seemingly obvious reasons but never know what the actual thinking could be.

Comment

My guess: If the NCHC takes ASU and MSUM and then the Alaskas disappear, do WMU and Miami bolt back to the WCHA? They'd get way better travel.

Instead, let the Alaska situation sort itself out and let ASU come up with something more than a vaporena* to play in.

* vaporena: An arena claimed or planned but that does not exist at this time. Similar to term "vaporware" in the software realm meaning software that we're working on but don't have yet.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 08-31-2016, 04:50 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              My guess: If the NCHC takes ASU and MSUM and then the Alaskas disappear, do WMU and Miami bolt back to the WCHA? They'd get way better travel.
              Is better travel enough enticement for WMU and Miami to go to a second tier conference? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

Instead, let the Alaska situation sort itself out and let ASU come up with something more than a vaporena* to play in.

* vaporena: An arena claimed or planned but that does not exist at this time. Similar to term "vaporware" in the software realm meaning software that we're working on but don't have yet.
                Better travel, perhaps, but does anyone know exactly what the NCHC's exit fee is?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Better travel, perhaps, but does anyone know exactly what the NCHC's exit fee is?
                  250k is the number if I remember right...
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    Schlossman is reporting that the Alaska thing played a part in this. If you're the NCHC, and you think the whole landscape of college hockey could blow up again soon, why lock yourself in?
                    are there signs of an imminent blow up?

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                      That sounds more like the WCHA exit fee. Just saw gfmorris' post that according to that gas huffer from the GF Herald it's $1.5 mil for the NCHC. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        I believe it's significantly higher than that.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

If (gigantic if) Miami and WMU wanted to leave the NCHC it wouldn't be to join the WCHA. Their first call would probably be to BG.
                          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                            If (gigantic if) Miami and WMU wanted to leave the NCHC it wouldn't be to join the WCHA. Their first call would probably be to BG.
                            If Miami and WMU wanted to leave the NCHC, their only realistic league options would be to join the WCHA or join a re-established CCHA (which would consist of BG and many of the current WCHA teams). If the CCHA became a conference again, that very well could mean the end of the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                              What if the WCHA expanded and split into an east and west, because the b1g is not taking any of you. You could have FSU, WMU, BGSU, Miami, Huntsville, and one more in the east. And then, say LSSU, Nmu, Tech, Mankato, maybe UAF, and one more in the west.
                              In any event I don't see it happening.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                              X