Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Preseason Thread. Predict and Win Eternal Glory

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    If York never wins coach of the year because of all the talent he gets, hard to imagine quinn winning
    It will have less to do with the recruiting and more to do with BU absolutely destroying the league with said recruiting. It isn't going to be close.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

If York never wins coach of the year because of all the talent he gets, hard to imagine quinn winning
      I was thinking the same thing. Two things that could help him though: 1) Recruiting is part of the coaches job and 2) the feeling that he deserves recognition given how well he has turned things around (assuming they have a really good year).

I feel like we sometimes see that in the absence of a coach doing really good things with not so much proven talent, the coach who leads his team to the top gets the nod. So if BC finishes on top, or UMass finishes in the top 5, or something along those lines, then York or Carvel could get it, but if not, then Quinn would have a shot if BU finishes in first easily.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        It will have less to do with the recruiting and more to do with BU absolutely destroying the league with said recruiting. It isn't going to be close.
        I of course hope you are right, but some things I am keeping in mind to keep expectations in check:

- No proven goalie. Lacouvee hasn't been terrible, but he finished the season as the back-up. Oettinger is a projected first round pick next summer, but he is very young, and BU fans remember Brett Bennett.
        - Three of the top four scorers are gone. And those were three contributing seniors.
        - The four sophomore defensemen regressed last year (Hickey, MacLeod, Fortunato, and Diffley). One is now gone. Can the others rebound?

The freshman class should step right in and contribute, and Quinn seems excited to get Olsson and Roberto back, so the team will look a lot different than last year. I certainly expect improvement over last year, but I'm not ready to hand them any hardware yet (and they better realize that nobody is going to just give them anything - they will have a target on their backs all season).
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

He won it once in 1977.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yes yes yes!!!!

What def said.

Let's not all start licking each other's Popsicles just yet
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              He won it once in 1977.
              I just meant in general

Comment

POY: Clayton Keller, BU
                COY: Leaman, PC
                ROY: Clayton Keller, BU
                Best Goalie: Jake Oettinger, BU

Standings
                1. BU

2. ND
                3. PC
                4. BC

5. NU
                6. Lowell
                7. U.Maine

8. UNH
                9. U.Mass
                10. U.Conn
                11. Vermont
                12. Merrimack

Conference Tourney Championship: BU

NCAA: BU, ND, PC

Coach Firing/retiring: Snedden, Vermont, Quinn to NHL
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 09-04-2016, 10:58 AM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Yes yes yes!!!!

What def said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxDYIQL6Nc

Comment

1. BU
                    2. Lowell
                    3. NU
                    4. BC
                    5. Providence
                    6. ND
                    7. UConn
                    8. UNH
                    9. Maine
                    10. Vermont
                    11. Mack
                    12. Amherst

Tournament champions: NU
                    NCAA: BU, NU, Lowell and BC
                    POTY: Nolan Stevens (NU)
                    COTY: Jerry York (BC)
                    ROTY: Clayton Keller (BU)
                    Goalie: Cal Peterson (ND)
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                      A few comments about predictions posted here:

FiveHole12 usually highly undervalues BC in his predictions. If so they will win the NC this year. At the same time he usually gives a pass to the NC game for BU. They will probably go winless now.
                      Cannot understand why PC is being rated so highly. They lost even more firepower than BC and they were mostly a defensive team.
                      While Northeastern returns a lot of scoring keep in mind they need it to win those 6-5 games.
                      The supposed bottom of the league will surprise many this year. It will be much tighter than usual from top to bottom. It is imperative that the league makes a good OOC record as this may be the year where 3 or 4 Hockey East teams due to less than stellar league records from the closeness of the standings vie for the last NCAA tourney spots and OOC will determine that.
                      Because PC returns their best player and likely Hockey East best offensive defenseman in Jake Walman. Plus they have a drafted goalie who was outstanding in the USHL before he tore his ACL two years ago?

PC also brings in Penn State's top scorer from two years ago and a couple of other high draft picks in Bjorkqvist who won the Gold Medal at the WJC this past season, Josh Wilkins, and Brandon Duhaime.

Who did PC lose besides Jankowski? Parisi and Gilmour are replaceable while Tanev and Saracino were energy guys. Please don't try to tell me losing Rooney and McParland are HUGE losses!

As Leaman always does, he wins with defense which is tough to watch sometimes but it has now worked at Union and Providence.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Because PC returns their best player and likely Hockey East best offensive defenseman in Jake Walman. Plus they have a drafted goalie who was outstanding in the USHL before he tore his ACL two years ago?

PC also brings in Penn State's top scorer from two years ago and a couple of other high draft picks in Bjorkqvist who won the Gold Medal at the WJC this past season, Josh Wilkins, and Brandon Duhaime.

Who did PC lose besides Jankowski? Parisi and Gilmour are replaceable while Tanev and Saracino were energy guys. Please don't try to tell me losing Rooney and McParland are HUGE losses!

As Leaman always does, he wins with defense which is tough to watch sometimes but it has now worked at Union and Providence.
                        I have PC in my top 4 but Tanev is a big loss. Impacted the game in so many ways. Just remember him and Rooney are on the score sheet for the most famous goal in school history.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

My only prediction is UVM will be terrible and I will probably spend the year following SLU in the ECAC... UVM bottom 3 is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            POY: Clayton Keller, BU
                            COY: Leaman, PC
                            ROY: Clayton Keller, BU
                            Best Goalie: Jake Oettinger, BU

Standings
                            1. BU

2. ND
                            3. PC
                            4. BC

5. NU
                            6. Lowell
                            7. U.Maine

8. UNH
                            9. U.Mass
                            10. U.Conn
                            11. Vermont
                            12. Merrimack

Conference Tourney Championship: BU

NCAA: BU, ND, PC

Coach Firing/retiring: Snedden, Vermont, Quinn to NHL

Will you promise Sneddon getting fired? We have wanted him gone for years.. Maybe St. Louis can take over and get some Quebec recruits..

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Yes yes yes!!!!

What def said.

You guys will never lose again and every other school will cut their program.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I predict that you are all wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X