OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Nice. They are a bit thin on defense when Federow is hurt. Hart is so-so and Pelnik is a work in progress. A little more experience back there can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      Nice. They are a bit thin on defense when Federow is hurt. Hart is so-so and Pelnik is a work in progress. A little more experience back there can't hurt.
      I think Hart has come a long way from his frshman yr,Pelnik is in about the same spot as Hart was when came to Oz,I think the big guy will benefit from good practice and good coaching,and hey maybe try him at forward for awhile,he skates well and will bang around for sure,but hope he hangs around and plays in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        On roster Devin Campbell 6'2" 215lbs #4 ..has him as a jr,I believe he is a second semester soph..Geneseo also picked up a D1 transfer from Vermont ...jr defenseman
        I like it...plus he put on 15 pounds in about day to bulk up for us.

Comment

my guess, we may not see Pelnik again this year, especially if Campbell is the same side shot. I to think Hart has played well this year, except a few times he took himself out of position to try and make a big hit, at least he was trying to throw some big hits. Campbell played for some very good Carleton Place teams in the CCHL, I thought he had more offensive potential, but I haven't seen him play in 3+ years. I think he might walk into a starting position on this team. With Rags and Johnston we don't need anymore offense from our defense.
          I'm very interested in whatever Geneseo is doing, I think they will be very tough to beat at home. What's the scoop on the transfer from Vermont?
          Hopefully we show up for Naz tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
            Hopefully we show up for Naz tonight.
            8-0, and a 47-15 shot advantage. I would say they showed up pretty well. New D Man picked up an assist on Kristoffer Brun's first career goal.

Comment

Looked like a pretty complete game ...a ton of hustle and finishing the plays...what happened on the broken water bottle shot?? Hulshof hits a lot of posts/crossbars it seems...Daveis looks the best I have seen him since he came to Oswego, he is skating and hitting and starting to produce,could be dangerous if he does.Congrats to Braun for his cannon first goal last night.More line-up changes looked good,all the players are hustling to keep their spots,coaches keeping them on their toes.Huffnagle has has good hands,needs to dish after the first move,cant beat'em all at this level,but he will learn and could be a top player. ...sounded like we had another good fan base at the game as well nice job Laker fans..Zman was there when needed as well..Great job whos next..p.s....Campbell looked good as well should be a nice edition.

Comment

Looked like a pretty complete game ...a ton of hustle and finishing the plays...what happened on the broken water bottle shot?? Hulshof hits a lot of posts/crossbars it seems...Daveis looks the best I have seen him since he came to Oswego, he is skating and hitting and starting to produce,could be dangerous if he does.Congrats to Braun for his cannon first goal last night.More line-up changes looked good,all the players are hustling to keep their spots,coaches keeping them on their toes.Huffnagle has has good hands,needs to dish after the first move,cant beat'em all at this level,but he will learn and could be a top player. ...sounded like we had another good fan base at the game as well nice job Laker fans..Zman was there when needed as well..Great job whos next..p.s....Campbell looked good as well should be a nice edition.
                Agreed on all. Since Coach goes with the hot goalie, who gets the next start? Who has the better practice this week?

Comment

This seems a long time ago now doesn't it?

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  Dear Laker Fans,

Don't be so down. Things could always be worse.

Sincerely,
                  A Plattsburgh State Fan

Dear Plattsburgh State Fan,

Don't be so down. Things could always be worse.

Sincerely,
                  A Middlebury Fan

Dear Middlebury Fan,

Don't be so down. Things could always be...... never mind.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    Agreed on all. Since Coach goes with the hot goalie, who gets the next start? Who has the better practice this week?
                    I would not want to be making the goaltending picks,maybe the staff does it collectively,maybe they let Pete Sears pick ...either way a hard choice and they must be pushing each other in practice for sure,making both better....I say we see Jake friday,and who knows for the big one vs Genny??

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      This seems a long time ago now doesn't it?
                      It does as the Jekyll and Hyde Laker's are on the upside again right now. But Middledbury still hasn't won a game. That's incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                        It does as the Jekyll and Hyde Laker's are on the upside again right now. But Middledbury still hasn't won a game. That's incredible.
                        I saw that the other day, Middlebury working toward the perfect season

Comment

I would not want to be making the goaltending picks,maybe the staff does it collectively,maybe they let Pete Sears pick ...either way a hard choice and they must be pushing each other in practice for sure,making both better....I say we see Jake friday,and who knows for the big one vs Genny??
                          It doesn't get any closer....
                          Z ...8...6-2....750
                          Jake....8...7-1....875

Good problem to have as they say

Comment

All I have to say is Herlihey's shorthanded goal in the 1st was a thing of beauty. They look ready for Geneseo Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                              All I have to say is Herlihey's shorthanded goal in the 1st was a thing of beauty. They look ready for Geneseo Saturday night.
                              Pretty much everything was a thing of beauty last night. And unlucky bounce on the shorty by Brockport and Z kinda backed in too far and left him a lot of room to shoot but other than that they looked stellar. Brockport is no where near as bad as they made them look. And Davies is finally on a line with an offensive mindset and we are seeing his full potential. I doubt we will be seeing double digits against Genny tonight but with an effort like last night they should walk out with a W.

Comment

Nice all around game...some real nice goals,Herlihy,and the Sneath goal had a great pass by Scorpio.Davies is the best he has been since arriving,he may make a big difference as I think he is fully healthy.....Our dmen did a lot of pinching very well with good coverage by the forwards,Campbell looks solid,we we need a great effort by the dmen tonight....WHATS THE STORY WITH BOTTEN???????.....WTOP nice job over the break,us fans that cant make the game appreciate it!!!....It will take a complete game tonight,but I think we have it in us,we can roll 4 lines and ware them down........

Comment

Working...
                                X