Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Let us begin....

McShane starts the year five wins away from 700....Huge senior class this season...big freshmen class coming in...last year for Saint Michaels and Saint Anselm in the league...can the Cadets catch back up with UMass Boston or are the Beacons the new king of the NEHC?
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 08-24-2016, 06:59 AM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Copied from Norwich's Corps of Cadet FB page:

Good Evening Parents and Cadets, it has been brought to our attention that one of our RCTs who took a PT test earlier this morning has succeeded far beyond any of our standards regarding PT.

RCT Bloom was not only successful at maxing the PT test but also maxing the male standards a feat that many regard as incredible. the Male Standards for the NUPFT are as follows:

72 push ups, 78 sit ups, and a 13:00 min 2 mile (Male Standard)

That being said RCT Bloom successfully blew these standards out of the water when she maxed with

77 push ups, 105 sit ups, and a 12:36 min 2 mile. (RCT Bloom)

We'd Like to applaud RCT Bloom for her tremendous effort this morning.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Copied from Norwich's Corps of Cadet FB page:
      That's pretty **** impressive
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        last year for Saint Michaels and Saint Anselm in the league.
        Has this been confirmed? I've seen rumors, but I've never seen it in writing.
        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
          Has this been confirmed? I've seen rumors, but I've never seen it in writing.
          Yes.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Does this mean that going forward, the league will operate as a 7 team league (with or without a "schedule partner") or add new teams?

It will be sad to see St. As go - they have been a quality program through the years in a difficult situation. It will be interesting to see what they do. They have a nice facility and it's too bad to see them on the fringes.

St. Mike's never took advantage of the opportunity they had to build their program by being part of the ECAC East/NEHC.

I assume travel partners will have to be shuffled - I guess the least disruptive would be for Norwich to go with NEC.

With only 7 DIII members this year, I assume that the RS champion will get a first round bye in the playoffs, or will the playoff format change to something like the SUNYAC?

So many questions.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Does this mean that going forward, the league will operate as a 7 team league (with or without a "schedule partner") or add new teams?

It will be sad to see St. As go - they have been a quality program through the years in a difficult situation. It will be interesting to see what they do. They have a nice facility and it's too bad to see them on the fringes.

St. Mike's never took advantage of the opportunity they had to build their program by being part of the ECAC East/NEHC.

I assume travel partners will have to be shuffled - I guess the least disruptive would be for Norwich to go with NEC.

With only 7 DIII members this year, I assume that the RS champion will get a first round bye in the playoffs, or will the playoff format change to something like the SUNYAC?

So many questions.
              Certainly having an even number of teams is a priority. The NEHC is taking a hard look at opportunities/potential scenarios to try and see if they could add more teams in, especially on men's side.

At the end of the day, the automatic bid is still good to go with seven D3 teams as long as no one else leaves. However, I'm guessing many would like to see at least eight teams for scheduling purposes.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez

The Rooks have checked in as well as the civillians. Is the roster ready?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Prez

The Rooks have checked in as well as the civillians. Is the roster ready?
                  No. We are in full fall sports mode. Perhaps after Labor Day we will start getting to winter sport incoming recruits releases.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

No. We are in full fall sports mode. Perhaps after Labor Day we will start getting to winter sport incoming recruits releases.
                    You're just full of excuses, aren't you?

/TIC
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Hey Prez,football stuff,hows the kid from Minisink NY doing,thats my area/kids school??? See you homecoming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        Hey Prez,football stuff,hows the kid from Minisink NY doing,thats my area/kids school??? See you homecoming weekend.
                        Heard he's doing well in camp and progressing nicely.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Heard he's doing well in camp and progressing nicely.
                          good to hear,now how about those hockey recruits,who ya got

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            good to hear,now how about those hockey recruits,who ya got
                            Next week
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Next week
                              I may just have to drop into Krietzberg Homecomng weekend and see who may be "practicing"...pink fluffy stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X