Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

That was a tough one. Skidmore seemed to want this game a lot more than the Cadets. Let's hope the Cadets get their spirit back (along with Piacentini), lots of tough games coming up in the next few weeks.
    NU Class of 2001

Comment

Agree...............but where is everybody with their colorful comments? I was lucky to be able stay up north long enough to finally see NU play at the rink live after several years. Much better, but so good to be able to see most games streamed down in sunny Florida. Not too many back for my 60th reunion, but was able to meet a few of the players. Hope this thread picks up and doesn't go the way of Midd who I still think of as our big game. My grandson thinks it's Caselton as per reality. Miss the interlock. Miss the NU-Midd football, but pleased to see Coast Guard coming back.
      NU 56, Old Fan, Maybe the Oldest

NU56
      Old Member
      Maybe the Oldest

Comment

I streamed the game on the Skidmore site, but couldn't get the video to synch up with George's call, so I watched it and read the live stats. Not a good way to finish up a game. Interesting fact - Connor van Arnum is the son of Rick van Arnum who is a Norwich grad and one time Commandant. Rick and his wife had season tickets in the front row of Section 22, so we watched their kids grow up through a bunch of seasons. Connor had his posse of NAHA teammates through the elementary school days who could be a bit disruptive. Kind of remarkable to see this ankle biter grow up into a guy who would score the GWG against the Cadets.

However, that was an awful way to lose a game. You shouldn't blow a 2 goal lead with 3 minutes to go, allow 2 Extra attacker goals to tie it up, fail to convert on a 5 on 3, and then give up a PPG in OT. Really sad collapse. I get that Skidmore is much improved, but I don't want to see the van Arnum kid scoring an OT goal when they come to Krietzberg, because that would be right in front of where he used to frolic as a kid.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

From Plattsburgh's ticket site ...

Middlebury College vs. Norwhich starts at 4:00 PM

Plattsburgh State vs. Concordia University (Quebec) starts at 7:00 PM
          I'm assuming this is a mis-spelling shot at the Cadets, perhaps trying to match Congradulations!?

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
            From Plattsburgh's ticket site ...

I'm assuming this is a mis-spelling shot at the Cadets, perhaps trying to match Congradulations!?
            It's also not the Concordia from QC, it's the one from MN
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
              It's also not the Concordia from QC, it's the one from MN
              I thought having a Canadian team for the Primelink would be a real change of procedures

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                I thought having a Canadian team for the Primelink would be a real change of procedures
                Definitely the Cobbers...not the Stingers.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Great bounce back win tonight ...guys really rose to the occasion. Losing #20 & #21 on Friday night a big blow but the rest of the crew really stepped up.
                  Of course also congrats to the Coach ... 700 wins, seventh all time!

Comment

Great points for sure. But how do we get the fans back? I know it is not just here in Northfield that the fan base is down. I was just at the game in Rutland and easy to get a seat, and just a few short years ago, it was not easy at all to get a seat, Middlebury same thing. They blame some of the attendance on the construction but there crowds are down too. It is such great wholesome entertainment for the whole family. Is there any way to increase advertising, other than just on WDEV? Maybe some ticket give aways? Anybody know about the health of #20 & #21? Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am very great full for many many things and Hockey is for sure one of them. May the Hockey Gods be good to the Cadets this year.

Comment

• Attendance is down everywhere ... UVM too. I was in Plattsburgh yesterday and there was a banner at a busy intersection promoting Primelink tickets. Never saw that before. There are a lot of factors. Ticket prices for one. I expect the crowds will be good at Kreitzberg when Babson and UMB come in, but overall it is a concern .

Comment

Maybe people are just broke. I know in watching Nascar from time to time this year, when ever they shoot a shot near the seating area, it is always filled or not filled, with a lot of empty seats. Even the NHL doesn't seem to have a lot of full games if it is not one of the popular teams. I just know that the Cadets play much better when the fans are screaming and shouting for them. Much to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving that is for sure. I for one am Thankful for the Cadets. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Comment

Not to get too nostalgic, but going to games back in the late 90's/early 00's were my favorite memories of being at Norwich! I seem to remember the crowds picking up after semester break, during the meat of the season. I wonder how much playing the NESCAC schools was a part of that. I will say that it's been a little disappointing to see so many empty seats but hopefully the crowds will pick up soon. To echo a few other posts, is there any word on the recent injuries?
                          NU Class of 2001

Comment

From what I see, Kreitzberg may not be three lines deep in standing room like it was as recently as 2009 when I was a Rook, but it's not like it's empty. Turn on a Middlebury or Bowdoin game and see teams playing in these beautiful, but empty, arenas. Again, that's just what I see surfing through random games on random Friday nights.
                            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                              From what I see, Kreitzberg may not be three lines deep in standing room like it was as recently as 2009 when I was a Rook, but it's not like it's empty. Turn on a Middlebury or Bowdoin game and see teams playing in these beautiful, but empty, arenas. Again, that's just what I see surfing through random games on random Friday nights.
                              I do think the saddest is Middlebury. That used to always be jammed, even back in the days before Kenyon arena. I remember wandering around that old quonset hut trying to find a seat that wasn't occupied by blankets. The blanket tradition continued into Kenyon. I gather it isn't a problem finding seats there any more.

Comment

The freshman arrived this weekend and the team is gelling! Congrats Norwich on your 9th Primelink Championship I wasn't so sure you could win it against Concordia after watching them play P-burgh last night. However, I am thankful I was wrong, this was the best I have seen Norwich in some time. Bring on UMB and Babson, Norwich will be ready for you next weekend!
                                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X