Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Hey Bird I would love to see that tape. I worked some of those games with a talented young coach named Beaney. Not sure if that was one of them.
    I think he was on the Spartak game.......those were the days that D3 was fun....I think Plattsburgh played 39-40 games total in the 86-87 season. If I send you the tape, can you get it back to me ? I can work something out to get it to you.

BTW...that was the year Herb Brooks brought his St Cloud team to Stafford and lost to Oswego in the semi. Unfortunately I do not have that game.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      I think he was on the Spartak game.......those were the days that D3 was fun....I think Plattsburgh played 39-40 games total in the 86-87 season. If I send you the tape, can you get it back to me ? I can work something out to get it to you.

BTW...that was the year Herb Brooks brought his St Cloud team to Stafford and lost to Oswego in the semi. Unfortunately I do not have that game.
      Thanks, but don't send it ... I will be getting over to the Burgh several times this spring ... I am sure we can work something out.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
        Thanks, but don't send it ... I will be getting over to the Burgh several times this spring ... I am sure we can work something out.
        Sounds Good

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Comment

Also, it seemed clear that Salem had watched a lot of tape on the Cadets. We had a hard time clearing up the sides. We were constantly passing to phantom players of our own. They were really players from Salem. I am really glad they didn't get the bye,as they play much better week after week in my opinion. The gas pedal was not working in the second period and then the 3rd looked a lot like the first, crisp, quick passing. But lets hope they just couldn't get up enough for the game as it will probably take more than they gave last night to go all the way. But even Will had at least 2 really bad passes that were turn overs . We really liked Tylers goal that put them on the board. He always seems to come through when really needed. Defense seemed to be on top of there game, maybe even better than the offense. Lets hope that Norwich advertises the crap out of the next game. Need every single seat sold. How about some adds in the Free Press, Times Argus, Social Media. How about WDEV gives some lucky caller seats away. What do you say Puck Voice?

Comment

Some of us old Redbird fans will be behind you guys. Go getem'. !
              CLASSY. And thanks! I am sure our boys will give it their best
              Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
              Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                Switching back in forth between the Cards and the Lakers....I was quite impressed with the "Smurfs"...take them lightly and it could be trouble.
                No question about it. For all my joking about it, beating Oswego in Oswego in that situation shows that they are a force to be reckoned with. My use of "smurfs" refers to the shade of blue that Hamilton used to wear on the road unis back in old days of the ECAC East and the Interlock. Regardless of size, they looked like troop of skating smurfs, but the Cadets were usually a victorious Valdemort who vanquished the smurfs.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                  CLASSY. And thanks! I am sure our boys will give it their best
                  It is kind of funny as I think back. I have lived in Plattsburgh for almost 40 years, but grew up near Fort Drum in West Carthage, NY. As a kid I used to listen to the Clinton Comet hockey games on the radio. (As my Dad would say when the wind was right) Of course. that is the location of Hamilton College. I am not quite sure, but I think they played in the same arena as Hamilton plays in now. I never got to a game there, but did catch a game or two after they moved to Utica in 1974. but changed names. When I moved here in 1977 I lost track of the team. Since being in the area, i have always felt the well respected rivalry between Plattsburgh and Norwich. There have been many times during the seasons that I have listened to 96.1 and George, especially for the Saturday games because the Plattsburgh games are at night. Anyway, that is where my support comes from for you guys, of course once Plattsburgh is out of it.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Since being in the area, i have always felt the well respected rivalry between Plattsburgh and Norwich. There have been many times during the seasons that I have listened to 96.1 and George, especially for the Saturday games because the Plattsburgh games are at night. Anyway, that is where my support comes from for you guys, of course once Plattsburgh is out of it.
                    Understand completely as I feel the same way about the Cardinal program.
                    But of course we still have this game between our women's teams coming up this week.
                    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                      But of course we still have this game between our women's teams coming up this week.
                      Yeah, that should be a good game!
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                        It will be a good one for sure....just seems odd to have to travel 800+ miles to play a team that is less than 75 miles away !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Also, it seemed clear that Salem had watched a lot of tape on the Cadets. We had a hard time clearing up the sides. We were constantly passing to phantom players of our own. They were really players from Salem. I am really glad they didn't get the bye,as they play much better week after week in my opinion. The gas pedal was not working in the second period and then the 3rd looked a lot like the first, crisp, quick passing. But lets hope they just couldn't get up enough for the game as it will probably take more than they gave last night to go all the way. But even Will had at least 2 really bad passes that were turn overs . We really liked Tylers goal that put them on the board. He always seems to come through when really needed. Defense seemed to be on top of there game, maybe even better than the offense. Lets hope that Norwich advertises the crap out of the next game. Need every single seat sold. How about some adds in the Free Press, Times Argus, Social Media. How about WDEV gives some lucky caller seats away. What do you say Puck Voice?
                          I don't control things but your ideas are good ones and I will pass them along. Actually thought the crowd Saturday night (1,700+) was really good with no students, but you are right . , we can and should do better this weekend.
                          Last edited by PuckVoice; 03-13-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            I don't control things but your ideas are good ones and I will pass them along. Actually thought the crowd Saturday night (1,700+) was really good with no students, but you are right . , we can and should do better this weekend.
                            Given only six days to game time and when one reads that close to half of Americans get their news via Social Media...maybe it's time to turn on everyone's Facebook to promote the game. Those of us down south...on "fun side of THE WALL"...really wish we were midst all that ice and snow...but we will watch the game with a cold Carona. Go Cadets

Comment

Does anyone happen to know if a video link for the NU Women's game against Plattsburg has been set up yet and what it might be? As I recall the NCAA owns the TV rights to the final four in DIII hockey. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                                Does anyone happen to know if a video link for the NU Women's game against Plattsburg has been set up yet and what it might be? As I recall the NCAA owns the TV rights to the final four in DIII hockey. Thanks
                                Uno Pizzeria & Grill in Plattsburgh will have it live on the big screen
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X