X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    2003 against Oswego was biggest
    National championship game of course. These last two games have really been great to see the crowds though. People were standing on garbage cans, benches, you name it last night. It was awesome. Stinks the students will be on break for the probable NCAA home quarterfinal game on March 18. It will be on the locals/parents etc. to keep the buzz going!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Why is Salem State listed as Norwich's next opponent - on 3/11/17? The NU schedule list it that way. Champs (national Number 1) don't get a bye in the first round?
      Go Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich Third Bencher View Post
        Why is Salem State listed as Norwich's next opponent - on 3/11/17? The NU schedule list it that way. Champs (national Number 1) don't get a bye in the first round?
        Nope. Endicott in the first round, with the winner to play the winner of Oswego-Hamilton.
        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
          Nope. Endicott in the first round, with the winner to play the winner of Oswego-Hamilton.
          Norwich is playing Salem State at 7pm on Saturday, March 11th. The winner will play the Oswego-Hamilton winner. If Norwich wins, it hosts.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Norwich is playing Salem State at 7pm on Saturday, March 11th. The winner will play the Oswego-Hamilton winner. If Norwich wins, it hosts.
            Yeah, I meant Salem State. My bad. Thanks for the correction.
            Norwich '13

Comment

Cadets, and all of the East for that matter, got the shaft! All four byes were given to the west!

Comment

Yes, the East really got the shaft with 8 teams in the field. If you are upset about the byes, you need to take off your Norwich jersey and look at the big picture. The bracket is set up so the top 4 teams have the potential to meet in Utica. If having to play an unranked team is unfair and UWSP/ SNC playing each other in quarters is fair, you clearly live in your own eastern world.

Comment

Going way out on a limb...What will the ticket situation be like for a quarter final game? Are your students on spring break that weekend?
                  2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                  2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                  2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                    Going way out on a limb...What will the ticket situation be like for a quarter final game? Are your students on spring break that weekend?
                    Students are on spring break. If both teams were to win, Oswego is given an allotment of tickets that they will be able to choose what they would like to do with per NCAA rules. With the students on break, I put it at a 1 percent chance of actually selling all 2300 tickets. There are only 1500 seats though and 800 standing room. More details will be released early next week should Norwich end up hosting Oswego.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Real Old #35 View Post
                      Yes, the East really got the shaft with 8 teams in the field. If you are upset about the byes, you need to take off your Norwich jersey and look at the big picture. The bracket is set up so the top 4 teams have the potential to meet in Utica. If having to play an unranked team is unfair and UWSP/ SNC playing each other in quarters is fair, you clearly live in your own eastern world.
                      I love the western fans trying to justify it all. Truth is there is never a straight up system or easy way to do the ranking and bracket. There isn't consistency year to year and teams get screwed every year or the bracket looks questionable. I've gotten over it for now, but don't try to act like you know this is the fairest way to do things....you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Old #35 View Post
                        I could buy that if the semis were lined up 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3, but it actually looks like they gave the #1 seed to St. Norbert, because they are lined up against Trinity in the Semis.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Does any body know when the tickets are going on sale at Norwich for the up coming game? I can't seem to get into cadet tickets to purchase.
                          The crowd was just what the Dr. had asked for. The team must have really enjoyed showing NEC there fans and introducing them to some Cadet Playoff Hockey! A tip of the hat to all the fans!!! Now how do we get the next rounds tickets?

Comment

As a fan, I for one am happy we have a game to watch this weekend.

And while I understand the whole "never overlook an opponent" mantra, everyone rightfully expects the Cadets to march past Salem this weekend. I know some were weary of the bye in the NEHC tournament, but it's also arguable that playing an actual opponent will be better to keep off the rust and keep the team focused in comparison to a week of intra-squad practices and scrimmages.

Edit: It's also worth noting that I think a lot of the anxiety is from the prospect of facing either Hamilton or Oswego in in the semifinals. A lot of this is due to the well-deserved reputation of those two programs, particularly Oswego, whereas perhaps people (speaking for myself) don't fear Endicott or Hobart in the same way. While this line of thinking is fundamentally flawed, it's also worth noting, while obvious, that Norwich would host the quarterfinal and the Cadets are 57-6-1 at Kreitzberg over the past four seasons. While we often talk about Kreitzberg in terms of the crowd size and atmosphere, I think sometimes we overlook how good the team has historically been at home.
                            Last edited by NU Pastime; 03-07-2017, 09:08 AM.
                            Norwich '13

Comment

In preparing to possibly come out there for a game next weekend, anyone have any recommendations on a place to eat beforehand, and tips or tricks we should know about the area? Doesnt look like much for lodging around. Student will they be on break? any alternative forms for getting tickets? For Oswego we sell them online for out of area fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                                In preparing to possibly come out there for a game next weekend, anyone have any recommendations on a place to eat beforehand, and tips or tricks we should know about the area? Doesnt look like much for lodging around. Student will they be on break? any alternative forms for getting tickets? For Oswego we sell them online for out of area fans.
                                Comfort Inn in Berlin is the best place to stay. 15-20 minutes from campus. For a pregame meal, I'd recommend Cornerstone Burger Company (not just burgers), it's very good and about a mile from the rink. The kids will be on break still that weekend. Prez will have to answer about tix.

Comment

Working...
                                X