Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
    Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.
    Didn't get any direct quote but heard the kid threatened McShane in some manner.

To answer the question on Salvuccis goals they were likely prettier in person, that first one was gorgeous especially the move to get past the D man.

2nd period the boys lost their heads a bit I feel after that weird sequence that led to Castletons first goal. They were frustrated and you could clearly see how it affected their play. Hope they don't let things like that affect them as much in the future.
    Last edited by 802Hockey; 02-26-2017, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."
      Gotta love that one

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by peddler View Post
        Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.
        I believe the player also had an issue with another game official (not in stripes) which was verbalized
        Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-27-2017, 08:01 AM.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          I believe the player also had an issue with another game official (not in stripes) which was verbalized
          Those are the fun ones!

Comment

Rumor has it , that the #25 player talking with McShane said something to the affect that he wanted to shake his f------ hand and say good f----- luck ,because he never shakes there hands when the games are over. How does the song go "straight to the heart" ,Maybe he wanted to play at Norwich and was overlooked , who knows.

I was surprised it wasn't # 4 as we was for sure trying to egg Norwich players into penaltys. He seemed to be playing dirty all night. Not sure why Castelton has choose to be this way. They continue to not get much respect. Correct me if wrong, but back in the days of heated up games with Middlebury and Plattsburgh didn't seem to be so disrespectfull, am I wrong?

Comment

The thing that has always impressed me about the Cadets is that they have always appeared to want to just play hockey. If an opponent starts to be more physical, the Cadets have always been willing to step up and meet them, but it never seems to "start" with the Cadets. Am I biased?

Regarding other teams playing beyond "hard hits", I tend to remember games rather than teams. A war with Wentworth comes to mind, since which we haven't seen the Leopards on our ice, and aren't likely to.
              Certainly the majority of the games played back in the interlock were more hockey, less war, than what we saw Saturday.
              The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Correct me if wrong, but back in the days of heated up games with Middlebury and Plattsburgh didn't seem to be so disrespectfull, am I wrong?
                You aren't wrong. In fact some people criticized the rivalries because the teams didn't "hate each other enough."
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  You aren't wrong. In fact some people criticized the rivalries because the teams didn't "hate each other enough."
                  The castleton* rivalry, across all three seasons, is pretty intense. There is a palpable mutual disdain.

*I never capitalize castleton

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                    The castleton* rivalry, across all three seasons, is pretty intense. There is a palpable mutual disdain.

*I never capitalize castleton
                    CSC was the main reason that the Interlock broke up. The NESCAC schools did not want to play them.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

That being said, it would seem like the number one goal for CSC would have been to "clean up there act". I kind of thought that had something to do with the last coach leaving. Must be bad habits even for a team can be hard to break, even after many seasons have gone by.
                      How about the crowd size? Have not seen that in quite some time. You really had to look for an empty seat. We sure hope this Saturday's crowd is the same size and ready to go. We just love cheering the guys on and it would seem like it is all worth it for them to have another team come in and see how big the crowd is. Nothing like an extra player. Makes you proud to be a fan!!Nothing quite like it. My money says the Refs will be just a wee bit closer to the goings on after the next game is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        That being said, it would seem like the number one goal for CSC would have been to "clean up there act". I kind of thought that had something to do with the last coach leaving. Must be bad habits even for a team can be hard to break, even after many seasons have gone by.
                        How about the crowd size? Have not seen that in quite some time. You really had to look for an empty seat. We sure hope this Saturday's crowd is the same size and ready to go. We just love cheering the guys on and it would seem like it is all worth it for them to have another team come in and see how big the crowd is. Nothing like an extra player. Makes you proud to be a fan!!Nothing quite like it. My money says the Refs will be just a wee bit closer to the goings on after the next game is over.
                        I agree. It was a great crowd. Hope we can replicate this weekend for the finals. I think the biggest we've had in at least 2 or 3 years.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I agree. It was a great crowd. Hope we can replicate this weekend for the finals. I think the biggest we've had in at least 2 or 3 years.
                          and I will, unfortunately, miss it.....
                          Last edited by jerrynu26; 03-02-2017, 08:39 AM.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

• ba-bump.
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Congratulations prezzzz....
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Yeah, congrats Derek!!
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X