Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I miss the final four type schedule. If they are going to not do that they should play a series instead of a single game.
    I prefer the final four type as well, especially since I'm in Northfield this weekend I guess the added bus trips and hotel rooms aren't worth it for the league.

I still look forward to seeing my first live D3 game since Placid 4 or 5 years ago.

r

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
      I prefer the final four type as well, especially since I'm in Northfield this weekend I guess the added bus trips and hotel rooms aren't worth it for the league.

I still look forward to seeing my first live D3 game since Placid 4 or 5 years ago.

r
      Stop by the aux. press box to say hi
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

r
        One extra bus trip (for the #2 seed), and one extra set of hotel rooms is all that it costs - but whatever. I always loved the atmosphere at Krietzberg for those games.

Good for you getting back to Northfield. Don't jinx them
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

I still look forward to seeing my first live D3 game since Placid 4 or 5 years ago.r
          Welcome back ... if you get there early (Women play at 3) come by the booth and say hello.

Comment

One of the more interesting games between NU and Castleton was several years ago when George Como shared the microphone with the Spartans play-by-play guy. Both announcers did a great job. Any chance for a repeat?
            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Cetihcra,

Lucky you! Wish I could be there too! Nice to have one Colorado alumnus there. I will just go see my grandkids play and watch NU on the computer.

Last week, talked to a NU hockey player from 1973 who lives in Crested Butte. He follows NU, both men and women. We send our best wishes to both teams.

Comment

Norwich 5-2. A physical one with a couple of majors. You had to expect it when it was the 6th time in a row that we've ended Castleton's season.

NEC wins the other semi in OT 3-2. See them at K-berg in a week.
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Never seen a player try to fight McShane before...leave it to Castleton

Comment

ok so what I want to know is what was said between the two. It looked like the coach was about to go off the rails. Does anyone have the scoop on what was said between the two? It was so good to be around such a great almost every single seat sold out crowd. That last few games have had some really impressive attendance. The way Hockey should be at the Berg. GO CADETS!! These guys are special, lets hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                      As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        As GECO's commercials say, "when you're Castleton, that's what you do."

I was very impressed with Salvucci's goals - and the quality of the lot of them. I only saw them on the live feed/news, did anyone get a closer look? Were they as nice as they seemed? One from almost no angle on the red line?

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich802 View Post
                          I was very impressed with Salvucci's goals - and the quality of the lot of them. I only saw them on the live feed/news, did anyone get a closer look? Were they as nice as they seemed? One from almost no angle on the red line?
                          The one up under the crossbar was especially sweet.
                          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                            There was this earlier reference to a Castleton play going after McShane. For those of us who lost our video with five minutes to go...can someone add to what actually happen. Were there fights at the end?

Other than the hat trick I thought NU looked flat last night for too much of the game. Like I said, "Thanks Kevin for the hat trick."

As for NEC. At one time they tended to deal with their frustration in any game they saw as going south by acting the way Castleton did last night. That was then. NEC has quietly gone about their business this year. Their NE Hockey Coference offensive and defensive numbers, their penalty time per game, power play and penalty kill percentages all are comparable to Norwich's. That and the fact that while both meetings earlier this season were NU wins...they were one goal wins. This will be no easy game. Good luck NU.
                            Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 02-26-2017, 02:24 PM.
                            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                              There was this earlier reference to a Castleton play going after McShane. For those of us who lost our video with five minutes to go...can someone add to what actually happen. Were there fights at the end?

Other than the hat trick I thought NU looked flat last night for too much of the game. Like I said, "Thanks Kevin for the hat trick."

As for NEC. At one time they tended to deal with their frustration in any game they saw as going south by acting the way Castleton did last night. That was then. NEC has quietly gone about their business this year. Their NE Hockey Coference offensive and defensive numbers, their penalty time per game, power play and penalty kill percentages all are comparable to Norwich's. That and the fact that while both meetings earlier this season were NU wins...they were one goal wins. This will be no easy game. Good luck NU.
                              Just the kid having words with Coach McShane. Second year in a row this scenario has played out...

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                                Just the kid having words with Coach McShane. Second year in a row this scenario has played out...
                                Whatever was said, it was enough to have McShane's assistants need to physically restrain him (while on the ice) from going after the kid. No exaggeration. I've never seen that before.

Comment

Working...
                                X