Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Oswego broadcasts all 4 games of the Pathfinder - students come back during vacation to put on the show.... Unfortunately there is only coverage of Norwich games this weekend....So if Oswego wins and Norwich loses, there will be no video of the Championship Game of a sponsored tournament... I'll let that sink in a bit.
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      Oswego broadcasts all 4 games of the Pathfinder - students come back during vacation to put on the show.... Unfortunately there is only coverage of Norwich games this weekend....So if Oswego wins and Norwich loses, there will be no video of the Championship Game of a sponsored tournament... I'll let that sink in a bit.
      I'm sure if the Oswego broadcasters had known they'd have tried to set up a mobile broadcast. That's crazy they wouldn't broadcast the game.
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        That's a crime

Comment

According to NSN schedule, both games will be broadcast tomorrow, first game @ 1:50,(2PM game) Remember, Norwich contracts for NSN broadcast services and has probably litle to say about the NSN policies. Also I don't believe Norwich has a broadcast communications curriculum for students. BUT, we do have George Como.
          Last edited by The Real Georgia Peach; 12-30-2016, 05:22 PM.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            According to NSN schedule, both games will be broadcast tomorrow, first game @ 1:50,(2PM game) Remember, Norwich contracts for NSN broadcast services and has probably litle to say about the NSN policies. Also I don't believe Norwich has a broadcast communications curriculum for students. BUT, we do have George Como.
            Plattsburgh uses NSN too...both games are/were broadcast today

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              According to the Prez, only Norwich games will be broadcast - the schedule is incorrect. It also had the Oswego game listed today....and Como needs to study his pronunciation guide a bit more...
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I was only able to tune in for the last 15 minutes, so what's the overall evaluation? It's great to see Pelletier back, what a talent. Both goal set-ups in the third were a beauty (on the exact same play). But he also made some pretty nice plays that the Nazareth D made some pretty nice plays on to break up.

Looking forward to the championship v. Williams tomorrow. Certainly don't want to overlook them and have a let down, but let's be honest, everyone was hoping for a Norwich-Oswego matchup.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Get those passes cleaned up and take care of Williams tonight! Nice game last night, esp. the Salvucci from Pelletier goals (Deja Vu play). Lewis is beginning to remind me of Mulvey, fast, good hands, and always charging into the offensive zone. It will be interesting to see how well Oswego plays this afternoon after 2 losses in a row and Nazareth a better team than projected. Still wish it was Oswego we were playing but Williams was the better team yesterday and the Cadets should not take them lightly. Wish NSN would have broadcast all 4 games, can't understand why they aren't. Budget Crisis at Norwich? Or just an attempt to draw more fans into the arena for the 1st games of the day? Thank you George Commo and WDEV for being there as usual. I would have come to both games if it wasn't such a long way from Florida!
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Well that got a little too interesting for comfort.

But, good to get wins you can learn from. Obviously, penalty kill needs some work, but there were also some sloppy turnovers earlier in the game to work on.

But overall I thought it was an impressive performance. Williams' backup goalie played fantastic off the bench, otherwise the game really could've gotten away at the end of the 1st and into the 2nd. I thought the powerplay looked great too, even though there wasn't much to show for it.
                    Last edited by NU Pastime; 12-31-2016, 06:12 PM.
                    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Congrats Cadets, passing better especially in the First and Second. Coach will be working on the 3rd period collapse I am sure, but I think I am correct that in the last two-three minutes, the freshman played very well getting the puck into the Williams zone and breaking up passes. (Lewis, Thompson and Jackson). Happy New Year everyone and please be safe tonight!
                      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

The third period started to remind me of the collapse against Skidmore. You can't coast with a third period lead.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Any way to find posts from the end of last season in the old Norwich thread?

Comment

Had a great time at the Tourny,even though my team dropped 2 games...Great place to watch a game,until the person gave my 86 yo/ Norwich 55'grad dad crap for sitting in his season ticket seat,unbelievable....like he was supposed to know

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Had a great time at the Tourny,even though my team dropped 2 games...Great place to watch a game,until the person gave my 86 yo/ Norwich 55'grad dad crap for sitting in his season ticket seat,unbelievable....like he was supposed to know
                              If your seat didn't match the seat on your ticket, you do run that risk. I hope the person was at least polite. I would have said, "er, sir you are sitting in my seat - can I help you find yours?"
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                If your seat didn't match the seat on your ticket, you do run that risk. I hope the person was at least polite. I would have said, "er, sir you are sitting in my seat - can I help you find yours?"
                                I was not there when it happened but my wife was and she laid into the person for being so rude.Otherwise everything was top shelf...except the pretzels........Russell the pretzels at Kreitzberg were not good.We will be back up to Norwich for football homecoming in Sept,my dad cant wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X