Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
    Someone is a little bitter over this years tough start I see....

UMB went to the Frozen Four last year...if you are going to call Plattsburgh Elite based off of last year at least be able to do it for UMB as well. Not saying UMB is elite status but you calling a team that went to the Frozen Four last year 'mediocre' makes your posts irrelevant to me. Merry Christmas and Bah Humbug to you sir.
    So we base this years team off of last years results? Wow what a world you must live in. Makes total sense....Did you look at how much they loss? Probably not. Did you see this years results? Probably not.

And in case you can't read and comprehend, no one called Plattsburgh elite...but thanks for trying. Pretty much where I predicted they would be starting last year, but over achieved and others under achieved. So no, not bitter one bit. Especially over a team that beats up on Cup Cakes and loses to Southern Maine and can't beat St.Mikes and Morrisville (but is supposed to be elite)
    Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 12-14-2016, 07:45 AM.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      So we base this years team off of last years results? Wow what a world you must live in. Makes total sense....Did you look at how much they loss? Probably not. Did you see this years results? Probably not.
      You think you're the only one that looks up DIII results? I didn't say UMB was elite either....simply saying calling them 'mediocre' seems pretty ignorant to me. 'Mediocre' if you look at their current results on paper, yes.

Comment

CCHL site ...2017-18....Ryan Boucher to Norwich 5' 8" 165lbs ....

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Ill try to be nice here. No one said Norwich was a dump team. Plattsburgh was one of the best DIII teams last year, so if Norwich beats them in a couple weeks it carries the same weight as last year? The ONLY point that was being made is that UMB and Babson are mediocre at best DIII teams. Beating them means you beat your average DIII team. You would think a place like Norwich wouldn't get as excited over an average team win. Can Norwich compete with Oswego? Sure. Id be a lot more excited beating Oswego than I would UMB or Babson on the National level. Yes Norwich looks better, yes they've improved since last year. On the conference level, absolutely. Time will hopefully tell on the National level. If things got that bad in Norwich where mediocre wins get people as excited as much as NCAA wins then I'm truly sorry. People should have never jumped off the Norwich ship (no not saying that you did, I am well aware that you shot down the ship is sinking claims last year). Yes, Norwich can only play who is on their schedule. It's not their fault Plattsburgh, Babson and UMB are having down years and Middlebury is still goose egg. But its also hard to judge how far they've come until we see them against Top competition. Plattsburgh looked like a NCAA Contender against Potsdam....its Potsdam. I will be surprised if Norwich is blown away by Oswego (if it happens), but I'm still not ready to put them Top 3 East yet either because of a couple wins over Babson and UMB. You may because you're a Norwich fan and have the glasses on and expected. I get it. But if you open up the playbook, it's clear as day UMB and Babson are NOT the same teams as last year, so beating them (while better than losing) proves you can beat an average (Ill give them slightly above average) DIII team.

All I know is that (if it happens) OSU VS NORWICH will be one of the most watched games coming up. Better get the bandwidth ready.

Again, it was no slight on Norwich. The jury looks better than last year for sure, but until they play a contender the gavel is still mid air. I want to believe they're back, but they just haven't played anyone (maybe, big maybe, Skidmore) where you can honestly gauge that. And when I mean back I mean as a National favorite, not just a contender. Face it, Norwich should be a favorite year in year out, not just a conversation.

Cheers and Happy Holidays. Hockey breaks suck.
          Been away for a while and apparently missed all the fun. My take on the enthusiasm at NU for the winning weekend vs UMB & Babson is this: After watching 10-12 years of Cadets hockey, last season was the first time that no banner went to the rafters at Kberg for the men's team. We weren't an NCAA caliber team, and it showed, especially against conference opponents UMB & Babson. So.... we beat both (convincingly, but at home) and fans get excited that maybe the Cadets are returning to what has been a very competitive team since I've been watching. No conf title, no NCAA berth, but a return to competition.

I'd be curious to know who you feel are the best 3 in the East?
          Last edited by peddler; 12-23-2016, 03:42 PM. Reason: Can't type for sh*t
          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Getting off the topic of whether or not UMB and Babson are top 15 teams the tournament this weekend at Norwich should provide for some great hockey. Oswego vs Williams at 4 Friday should give Oswego a good test. I think most fans would consider Oswego the overall favorite.

Prez since Oswego is coming to Northfield this is year is Norwich returning the favor next year by visiting Oswego for there tournament is early January.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
              Getting off the topic of whether or not UMB and Babson are top 15 teams the tournament this weekend at Norwich should provide for some great hockey. Oswego vs Williams at 4 Friday should give Oswego a good test. I think most fans would consider Oswego the overall favorite.

Prez since Oswego is coming to Northfield this is year is Norwich returning the favor next year by visiting Oswego for there tournament is early January.
              I don't know, but it is possible, because dropping the two DII schools from the NEHC frees up 4 slots for NC games that weren't available before. There is also one league opening with DWC not being a viable option for an 8th team in the league.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post

I have not seen next year's schedule yet. I do know they were looking to add an eighth team to the league still and there were also plans drafted up to potentially play every league opponent 3 times to keep an 18 game league schedule.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I don't know about next year , but this weekend should be an exciting weekend of hockey. I just hope the snow storm doesn't keep the fans away. What luck to maybe play Oswego and as we know Williams should come ready to play. Does any body know if Will is going to be able to play? I hope he is heeled up and ready to go. Oswego should be fired up and ready after there bad loss. It will be a great test for the Cadets to see if they have what it takes under the hood or not. They seem to have great horse power this year. If they can get there passes on target, they will be tough to beat.

Comment

• NU Gathering Before USM Game

The Portland NU Alumni Club invites you to come cheer on the Cadets of Norwich University as they begin the second half of the 10016-17 NEHC Season when they take on the Huskies of the University of Southern Maine!

Join the Maine NU Alum Club for a Pre-Game NU vs. USM Lunch.
                    Date: Saturday, January 14, 2017 @ 1:00PM
                    Location: Stockhouse Restaurant @ Sports Pub @ 506 Main St. Westbrook Maine. Plan to pay as you go
                    RSVP: Pre-register by Monday, Jan. 9th by calling Heather Socha at 802.485.2303
                    Game Time: 4:00PM @ USM Ice Arena -55 Campus Ave, Gorham, ME. *
                    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

#20 makes his return to the lineup tonight!
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Now that is some really good news. Lets now hope that Neither Norwich or the other team won't just focus on him and let him find his game and play. I for one will be watching Mr. Salvucci. He has some really great strength in his legs, his speed reminds me of Kyle Thomas. He gets going like a train and just cruises. He might just be the MVP this weekend for NU. Pichette may also be ready for a break out game. I really enjoy watching him when he is on. Get the band banging the crap out of the drum in the corner, and about 2000 of our close friends, yelling and clapping and hey we might just have a barn burner or two in the making this weekend, right here in Northfield, home of the never quit Cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfan
                          Is there no video broadcast of the oswego williams game ? Only the norwich nazareth game ?
                          I second this question
                          http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfan
                            Is there no video broadcast of the oswego williams game ? Only the norwich nazareth game ?
                            Audio here....http://wdevradio.com/stream/

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

This can't be true...can it? I have put the ask in at every level I have access to - no word back yet, which is not a good sign.....
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                This can't be true...can it? I have put the ask in at every level I have access to - no word back yet, which is not a good sign.....
                                Plattsburgh is broadcasting both of their tourney games today.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X