Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Great video produced by Ronny DiMasi on Coach McShane's 700th win.

Going to need Facebook I think to view it: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Norwich-...=page_internal
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a big holiday toy drive ... and special ceremonies Friday night to honor the Coach for #700 ... no excuses ... BE THERE!

Comment

• Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a holiday toy drive and more ... no excuses ... BE THERE!
        Last edited by PuckVoice; 11-29-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
          Beyond the games themselves which should be insentive enough ..this is Whiteout Weekend ... there is a holiday toy drive and more ... no excuses ... BE THERE!
          So wish I could, but I am here in Florida and while no snow is nice, I do miss Norwich hockey. I will be watching on line and waiting to hear you call the game!
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Does any body know the status of our hurt players? Will and Tyler.
            I remember the last time they went all the way , with the Shrader twins and Mr. Allan. They were ranked pretty low like this year and each game they kept inching up in the standings. Who knows maybe they can get better and better with each passing game this year.
            Is Babson and UMASS the teams to beat again this year? This could be a very telling weekend for them. I sure hope they can keep turning up the heat, hotter and hotter on the other teams.

Comment

To illustrate a previously discussed topic:

This weekend the Cadets, fresh off an impressive Primelink championship, welcome UMass-Boston, the preseason #1 in the conference, and Babson, the preseason #3 in the conference. And yet, based off my Facebook feed, it appears that the biggest game of the weekend is the club team welcoming West Point to Kreitzberg.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                To illustrate a previously discussed topic:

This weekend the Cadets, fresh off an impressive Primelink championship, welcome UMass-Boston, the preseason #1 in the conference, and Babson, the preseason #3 in the conference. And yet, based off my Facebook feed, it appears that the biggest game of the weekend is the club team welcoming West Point to Kreitzberg.
                It would be to the Corps.

Prezde - you need that cannon!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  It would be to the Corps.

Prezde - you need that cannon!
                  Anytime Norwich plays West Point in anything it's a big deal - for us, anyways. Hell, my senior year we did a march down through Northfield for the women's rugby game against West Point (granted, both teams were recent national champions). But to your point, when the Corps is 2/3 of the student body, then games like this illustrate perfectly our recent discussion of declining crowds/student enthusiasm. In an era of identity politics that influences everything from the cereal you buy to the beer you drink, having a college flagship team that 2/3 of the students don't identify with is a bit of a marketing problem. I don't have a good answer.
                  Norwich '13

Comment

Are the students required to live on campus? I know when Redlight was at Salem St, the non freshman lived off campus. One, it was a heck of a lot cheaper and two, the hockey team was older than the student body in general. There were two hockey houses (both well behaved) that housed 7 or 8 players in toto. The rest were scattered in other rental housing in town.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Are the students required to live on campus? I know when Redlight was at Salem St, the non freshman lived off campus. One, it was a heck of a lot cheaper and two, the hockey team was older than the student body in general. There were two hockey houses (both well behaved) that housed 7 or 8 players in toto. The rest were scattered in other rental housing in town.
                      For the last three years it was VERY difficult to get off campus. Basically required. However, due to a HUGE freshmen class this year, the housing policy is going to be loosened up again allowing civilians a much easier to route to live off campus if they prefer. NU built a new dorm that has been around two years now for civilians that they wanted to make sure was filled up so they tightened the housing policy.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        For the last three years it was VERY difficult to get off campus. Basically required. However, due toto a HUGE freshmen class this year, the housing policy is going to be loosened up again allowing civilians a much easier to route to live off campus if they prefer. NU built a new dorm that has been around two years now for civilians that they wanted to make sure was filled up so they tightened the housing policy.
                        Thanks. Now get that cannon!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          Anytime Norwich plays West Point in anything it's a big deal - for us, anyways. Hell, my senior year we did a march down through Northfield for the women's rugby game against West Point (granted, both teams were recent national champions). But to your point, when the Corps is 2/3 of the student body, then games like this illustrate perfectly our recent discussion of declining crowds/student enthusiasm. In an era of identity politics that influences everything from the cereal you buy to the beer you drink, having a college flagship team that 2/3 of the students don't identify with is a bit of a marketing problem. I don't have a good answer.
                          I can remember Plattsburgh playing Army back in the early 80s. That was the days of the Old Plattsburgh State Field House (prior to being renamed Ronald B Stafford) and it would get rowdy. Those were the days.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The Norwich Admissions office posted this photo of the 1979 Norwich-West Point game yesterday on Facebook. Pretty cool. https://www.facebook.com/norwichadmi...type=3&theater
                            Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                              My question is, what has changed? When I arrived at Norwich in 2008, the Corps came out in strong numbers for games in Kreitzberg. The number of Corps students on the roster was similar (small!). Since then, Corps attendance has steadily declined. Why?

I think a part of it is a lack of athletes with leadership positions within the Corps. My understanding is that, in the old days, many athletes held leadership positions within the Corps. That, with some exceptions, is not the case anymore. We can debate the merit of the "bad cadets" argument, but my experience tells me that the Corps administration makes it so difficult for athletes to hold these positions that many athletes just don't feel that it's worth it.
                              Last edited by KRBFLINT03; 12-02-2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to this weekends games with much anticipation
                                Will be watching from Section 20
                                Steve Day(NU71)
                                Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
                                X