This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Ciocco gone doesn't look good for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Does Louis Mass take over recruiting? Or we bring somebody else on? Justin Johnson would be huge for the hometown folk, fresh out of the NHL & AHL would be welcoming to recruits.
      I don't like that idea at all. Of course, I had an extensive person to person talk with JJ a few years ago, and he was at one time boycotting all UAA games because he hated Cobb. I never understood that mindset. Why punish a team because you don't like the AD.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Ciocco gone doesn't look good for the program.
        Maybe Joey Crabb will end up being more than a volunteer? Can't say I blame Josh, with all the uncertainty the program faces right now. But it's still very unfortunate.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Maybe Joey Crabb will end up being more than a volunteer? Can't say I blame Josh, with all the uncertainty the program faces right now. But it's still very unfortunate.
          Ciocco put together the "action plan" for "save the program".
          When he bails a few weeks later it speaks volumes about his faith the program will survive.
          Not one, nobody, nada, from Hackett on down showed up in support when Josh rolled out the "action plan". Hackett can be politically correct and SAY he supports hockey but his actions tell a completely different story.
          A very sad situation we find ourselves in.

Comment

I just can't see the program moving forward. I think this will be the last year of hockey. Even if someone ponies up 1.9M, how about 2018, 19, 20, etc. It is not sustainable at all. Hackett knows this and will replace hockey with Soccer. I think their goal is a total Division II sports model. And that sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
              I just can't see the program moving forward. I think this will be the last year of hockey. Even if someone ponies up 1.9M, how about 2018, 19, 20, etc. It is not sustainable at all. Hackett knows this and will replace hockey with Soccer. I think their goal is a total Division II sports model. And that sucks.
              I'm beginning to wonder if somebody on the soccer side is lobbying quietly for it. I need to poke my head around a bit.

On the personal front, soccer at UAA could be a benefit for me as I'd be capable of being one of the referees. But college soccer sucks rules wise and I'd rather attend hockey games.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                I'm beginning to wonder if somebody on the soccer side is lobbying quietly for it. I need to poke my head around a bit.

On the personal front, soccer at UAA could be a benefit for me as I'd be capable of being one of the referees. But college soccer sucks rules wise and I'd rather attend hockey games.
                I think there has always been support for soccer, but as an addition to the athletics department and not as a replacement for hockey. However, now you might be right. There might be a silent lobby for it. Hackett did mention the facilities at the Dome was a good place to play games, because it takes the weather out of it. Plus, track teams already rent the facility, so no extra cost with rent.

If there are 13 teams now at UAA, and Mens/Womens skiing, gymnastics, and hockey are eliminated that makes 9 teams left. However, if you add mens/womens soccer, that puts teams at 11, and 10 is the minimum for NCAA Division II. I almost certain that this is the route they will go with.

Comment

Interestingly, they've been on the down from 10-11 with 10 wins, to only 5 this past season. There GF's and GA's also follow UAA stat wise...At best it is a lateral move (assuming our program stays floating).
                  lateral move to stable program. Good luck and thanks for what you did for the program.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                    if UAA drops UA_ will have a tough uphill battle just to survive as now teams dangle "stipends". .....like Benjamin's on a Fenwick. UAA and UA_ don't even have a cane pole to dangle a dollar from. Players will go where the money is. can't play D-1 with a D-2 mentality.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Interestingly, they've been on the down from 10-11 with 10 wins, to only 5 this past season. There GF's and GA's also follow UAA stat wise...At best it is a lateral move (assuming our program stays floating).
                      Better money, easier travel for recruiting, closer to home. Ciocco wanted it kept quiet that he was even contacted about the position when it first came open because he didn't want to make it seem like he was looking to abandon a sinking ship. But ultimately, he was the guy Brown picked and the offer was too good to pass up.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Based on the proposals that are going to be made by the President of UA to the BoR, this certainly will be UAA/UAF hockey's last year. The NCAA will not combine nor grant a waiver...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Based on the proposals that are going to be made by the President of UA to the BoR, this certainly will be UAA/UAF hockey's last year. The NCAA will not combine nor grant a waiver...
                          Quit making these blanket statements, you do not know this for certain.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Quit making these blanket statements, you do not know this for certain.
                            With all due respect, you need a dose of reality!!!! Wake up!!

Comment

If I understood what I just heard on the news, the regents voted not to cut sports. They put the ball back in Johnson's court - at least that is how I took it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                If I understood what I just heard on the news, the regents voted not to cut sports. They put the ball back in Johnson's court - at least that is how I took it.
                                These are good words, but the question is this: a no to a complete cut, or a no to any cut at all? I hope that it will all be sorted out by morning.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X