X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Probably going to get called a negative hater but, whatever. Our playoff chances are... not good. Bad to be honest.

We're currently 5 points behind UAH for 8th. Not a tall task considering 3 points for a win but we have a lot of factors not in our favor.

1. 4 out of the last 6 are on the road and we're not good on the road.

2. Our tiebreakers suck. The two teams immediately above us? We lose the tiebreaker to both (wanna know why we're in 10th? We're 1-5 against 8 and 9). We can do good catching UAH but it doesn't mean jack if NMU keeps winning.
    True statement. It is what it is. Not sure coach Thomas was the right hire for us. Sigh.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Curious to see the lineup this weekend. The three points were nice but we were terribly out played in both games. Lucky Mantha stood on his head or scores could have been really bad both nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Probably going to get called a negative hater but, whatever. Our playoff chances are... not good. Bad to be honest.

We're currently 5 points behind UAH for 8th. Not a tall task considering 3 points for a win but we have a lot of factors not in our favor.

1. 4 out of the last 6 are on the road and we're not good on the road.

2. Our tiebreakers suck. The two teams immediately above us? We lose the tiebreaker to both (wanna know why we're in 10th? We're 1-5 against 8 and 9). We can do good catching UAH but it doesn't mean jack if NMU keeps winning.
        Looked like your honest assessment to me and unfortunate as it is it's too darn close to reality.
        We've got ourselves in a hole and like you said we not only have to win, we also need other teams help.
        It is what it is.
        But it's still a great day to be a Seawolf!

PS NMU has UA_ Mich Tech Mankato left on their schedule
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-06-2017, 05:46 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
          Curious to see the lineup this weekend. The three points were nice but we were terribly out played in both games. Lucky Mantha stood on his head or scores could have been really bad both nights.
          I don't agree UAA was terribly out played on Friday. They had great energy and passes were crisp. Many of the shots that Manny saved were right into his belly button. I'll take that kind of play any day ... Saturday they were bad.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Looked like your honest assessment to me and unfortunate as it is it's too darn close to reality.
            We've got ourselves in a hole and like you said we not only have to win, we also need other teams help.
            It is what it is.
            But it's still a great day to be a Seawolf!

PS NMU has UA_ Mich Tech Mankato left on their schedule
            NMU might have UAF, Tech, and MSU but all they have to do is split or even just keep pace with UAA. And they're winning.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I don't agree UAA was terribly out played on Friday. They had great energy and passes were crisp. Many of the shots that Manny saved were right into his belly button. I'll take that kind of play any day ... Saturday they were bad.
              I agree with your assessment.
              Being the homer I am I prefer to say we weren't as good on Saturday. But you're right we did not look good from where I sat.
              Evidently from Coach Thomas seat he got a different view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                I agree with your assessment.
                Being the homer I am I prefer to say we weren't as good on Saturday. But you're right we did not look good from where I sat.
                Evidently from Coach Thomas seat he got a different view.
                Not to take credit away from a Seawolf win, Manny played an incredible game on Friday. He positioned himself to take away scoring opportunities. Odds are stacked against when you get out shot that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Matt said the guys played better tonight than they did last night. That's a head scratcher. I guess I was watching a different game than he was. Tonight can be summed up in a few words. Sloppy and bounces didn't go their way. Passed it to the other team numerous times. Couldn't put the puck on a teammates stick all night long. Ugh.
                  Always wondered if our coaches boozed it up in between periods, shades of Shyiak bleeding out.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Always wondered if our coaches boozed it up in between periods, shades of Shyiak bleeding out.
                    LOL. One thing that does bother me is Matt's comment about the budget crisis hurting recruiting. Yes, I'm sure it did, to some extent, but Fairbanks is dealing with the same thing and they are having much more success than UAA. They are out-recruiting us big time. AND, we were already behind the 8 Ball in the recruiting dept. even before the budget crisis entered the picture. I don't want to hear any excuses from him. Just get the job done.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I am wondering why our recruiting is not going the way we would like? Is it less a desire to attend UAA because of the fiscal issues in Alaska? Is it because more individuals are not opting to go to UAA to play hockey because of the coach? Is the individual recruiter not up to working hard to recruit the best players? What is going on with our program?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        I am wondering why our recruiting is not going the way we would like? Is it less a desire to attend UAA because of the fiscal issues in Alaska? Is it because more individuals are not opting to go to UAA to play hockey because of the coach? Is the individual recruiter not up to working hard to recruit the best players? What is going on with our program?
                        Same old ****, different coaches, same administration, etc.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Same old ****, different coaches, same administration, etc.
                          That is why we really need a house cleaning of all the leadership at UAA...from top to bottom. I am not happy with Hackett, Case or even Thomas. They all need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            That is why we really need a house cleaning of all the leadership at UAA...from top to bottom. I am not happy with Hackett, Case or even Thomas. They all need to go.
                            Local, Local, Local!!! We have qualified coaches that meet all NCAA requirements, are very successful and are grade A coaches. Also, they are right at our backdoor here in Anchorage. They live here and have the desire to make the Alaska programs successful.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                              Local, Local, Local!!! We have qualified coaches that meet all NCAA requirements, are very successful and are grade A coaches. Also, they are right at our backdoor here in Anchorage. They live here and have the desire to make the Alaska programs successful.
                              Grade A? Are they coaching pee wee? This is a serious reply btw.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                                I hope you aren't talking about Dennis Sorensen. I could see Mass or even Crabb taking over the head job. I am very tired of Thomas. I was so excited when he was hired. But really, except for his first season, he has not done much to inspire confidence in the program. Attendance is worse than ever. And to think he is one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Sigh.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X