This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    Will it help even though I am an Alumni out of state but a huge athletics fan?
    Yes.

I've given up hope on Johnsen, but the Regents heard it loud and clear regarding athletics.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
      Will it help even though I am an Alumni out of state but a huge athletics fan?
      tell them how big Capt. which outweighs a lazy Alum by leaps and bounds.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        What in the world does the recruiting budget have to do with conference realignment? The recruiting budget got hacked because of the university budget, not the WCHA. We're all still chasing the same players.
        Without the schools with deep pockets in the WCHA, all of the leagues schools have suffered financially. Gone are the 6 figure payouts from the WCHA playoffs that each school used to get. There are no cash cows in the current WCHA.
        Last edited by Suze; 10-31-2016, 04:59 PM.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Today the University of Alaska Board of Regents will hold a public call-in session for people to share their perspective on issues facing the university.
          Call into the session at 866-726-0757 between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
          called in 2 times already as told waiting for everybody to show up.......fire everybody who was late.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Without the schools with deep pockets in the WCHA, all of the leagues schools have suffered financially. Gone are the 6 figure payouts from the WCHA playoffs that each school used to get. There are no cash cows in the current WCHA.
            Unless you were a CCHA castaway, in which case your payout was a pizza party. We're used to not having any money from the conference. Not that it makes it any easier.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              called in 2 times already as told waiting for everybody to show up.......fire everybody who was late.
              Where can you listen?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Where can you listen?
                I don't know but dim will be reading my e mail about that sad dog and no pony show today called 6 times told not ready as everybody didn't show up, so i

emailed him and asked if true, and why, and who was late . I don't think i will get a answer to that one. ......... . so he thinks

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Unless you were a CCHA castaway, in which case your payout was a pizza party. We're used to not having any money from the conference. Not that it makes it any easier.
                  Then why do they all stand around shaking big gulp glass's demanding handout's?
                  Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 11-01-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Join the Seawolves’ head coach Matt Thomas for ‘Coaches Corner’– three, free events for all Seawolf Fans. Thomas will discuss the upcoming series and take questions prior to the start of the Friday night game in the Sullivan Arena. Join us Nov. 4, Dec. 2 and Feb. 3 in the Northeast Lounge.

Anyone know what time this will happen?

Comment

Join the Seawolves’ head coach Matt Thomas for ‘Coaches Corner’– three, free events for all Seawolf Fans. Thomas will discuss the upcoming series and take questions prior to the start of the Friday night game in the Sullivan Arena. Join us Nov. 4, Dec. 2 and Feb. 3 in the Northeast Lounge.

Is the NE Lounge the booster room?
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Coaches Corner isn't happening this season, that should have been removed from the weekly release before the season started.

Comment

According to Dallas it's definitely happening from 6:30 to 6:45 Friday
                          It's the room in the Northeast corner or the Sully
                          Too bad they couldn't give David a heads up.

Comment

Matt has been in the booster room before, and gave short talks and answered questions. It wasn't called the Coaches Corner however. Sounds like that is what they are planning to do again.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              I have since been brought up to speed. My apologies to everyone who believed me! 😶

Comment

Originally posted by DTuttle View Post
                                I have since been brought up to speed. My apologies to everyone who believed me! 😶
                                So the Coaches Corner will take place in the booster room? If so, that's kinda odd, cause not everyone has a pass to get in there.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X