Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Definitely can't fault the effort last night. The boys skated hard all game. Just didn't get it done.
    48 shots on goal but just couldn't crack Tolvanen.
    If we play that hard the next four game we should have some success.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Nanooks win!! Hopefully the results of the post game handshake activity won't ruin anyone's senior night tomorrow. After a slow first period the Nooks finished great including an awesome goal from Basara as he was getting pushed to the ice. Another win tomorrow and we keep our slim chances of home ice.

Comment

20:00
        LSS-12 James Roll (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        LSS-13 Gage Torrel (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        LSS-14 Gage Torrel (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        LSS-15 Josh Nenadal (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 20:00
        LSS-16 Collin Saccoman (2-Roughing) 20:00
        LSS-17 Collin Saccoman (2-Roughing) 20:00
        LSS-18 Brendan McKay (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        LSS-19 Brendan McKay (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        AKF-8 Kylar Hope (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        AKF-9 Kylar Hope (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        AKF-10 Justin Woods (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        AKF-11 Justin Woods (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        AKF-12 Josh Erickson (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 20:00
        AKF-13 Josh Erickson (2-Roughing) 20:00
        AKF-14 Niko DellaMaggiore (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        AKF-15 Niko DellaMaggiore (10-Disqualification) 20:00
        AKF-16 Nikolas Koberstein (5-Facemasking) 20:00
        AKF-17 Nikolas Koberstein (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
        End of Game
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Weird to see the 3rd string goalie from Alaska that hasn't played all season get a disqualification penalty and won't dress for tonight's game.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Weird to see the 3rd string goalie from Alaska that hasn't played all season get a disqualification penalty and won't dress for tonight's game.
            That was probably the highlight of his season!
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Coach Butterbean when do I get a full ride?.............When you get on the Game Sheet.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                20:00
                LSS-12 James Roll (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                LSS-13 Gage Torrel (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                LSS-14 Gage Torrel (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                LSS-15 Josh Nenadal (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 20:00
                LSS-16 Collin Saccoman (2-Roughing) 20:00
                LSS-17 Collin Saccoman (2-Roughing) 20:00
                LSS-18 Brendan McKay (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                LSS-19 Brendan McKay (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                AKF-8 Kylar Hope (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                AKF-9 Kylar Hope (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                AKF-10 Justin Woods (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                AKF-11 Justin Woods (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                AKF-12 Josh Erickson (2-Unsportsmanlike Conduct) 20:00
                AKF-13 Josh Erickson (2-Roughing) 20:00
                AKF-14 Niko DellaMaggiore (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                AKF-15 Niko DellaMaggiore (10-Disqualification) 20:00
                AKF-16 Nikolas Koberstein (5-Facemasking) 20:00
                AKF-17 Nikolas Koberstein (10-Game Misconduct) 20:00
                End of Game
                Wow, WTH happened?
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Wow, WTH happened?
                  A Laker skated into the circle after the hand shake on the way back to the locker room and as he exited the far side of the circle of nooks, looks like he got slew-footed, a purse swinging spat broke out and the UA_ backup goalie decides to take one for the boys.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    A Laker skated into the circle after the hand shake on the way back to the locker room and as he exited the far side of the circle of nooks, looks like he got slew-footed, a purse swinging spat broke out and the UA_ backup goalie decides to take one for the boys.
                    I recorded the game, so I just took a look. Erickson did something that flattened a Laker player. Maybe a slew-foot? Totally unnecessary. The fans liked it though!
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      I recorded the game, so I just took a look. Erickson did something that flattened a Laker player. Maybe a slew-foot? Totally unnecessary. The fans liked it though!
                      Erickson hadn't taken his customary once-per-game terribly timed penalty, so he was trying to make up for it.

I was there...looked like when the Nanooks were trying to skate to center ice for their fan send off one of the Lakers got in there and things escalated quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Erickson hadn't taken his customary once-per-game terribly timed penalty, so he was trying to make up for it.

I was there...looked like when the Nanooks were trying to skate to center ice for their fan send off one of the Lakers got in there and things escalated quickly.
                        Ummm, no.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ummm, no.
                          How could I forget, you know everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            How could I forget, you know everything.
                            Not even close, but I watched it numerous times on my recording. Did you?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not even close, but I watched it numerous times on my recording. Did you?
                              Dude skated through our circle. Erickson gave him a friendly push to hurry up and leave the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                Dude skated through our circle. Erickson gave him a friendly push to hurry up and leave the circle.
                                HA. I guess that's why he ended up flat on his face? Erickson doesn't know his own strength. I realize I have the luxury of watching the video. Do you know how silly this sounds? Whaaaa, he skated through our circle. Whaaa. Don't mind me, just gearing up for next weekend. Let the insults fly!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X