X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Hey MMF
    Glad your team didn't toss in the towel when they saw the "odds"?
    Yep, I'm over here trolling.
    We never toss in the towel (nor water bottle ), we just do our best to beat the odds.
    We're on track.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      We never toss in the towel (nor water bottle ), we just do our best to beat the odds.
      We're on track.

Go Nooks!
      Love the "water bottle" thing.
      Great zinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        Love the "water bottle" thing.
        Great zinger.
        Water Bottle Weekend is one of my favorite memories in this rivalry.

It was also the beginning of the end for Shyiak.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Nooks are tied up with FSU 1-1 after two on Saturday's night game. Sloppy game for the Nooks. Getting out-shot badly. But we have killed a two minute 5x3 and are half way thru a five minute major and still tied. Haven't looked sharp at all. Not moving our feet and can't make a pass to save us. We still need to kill 2:19 of the 5 minute major to start the third, but then we need to really crank it up. We shouldn't even be in this game based on our play so far. Let's go boys.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Kiraly with the OT winner. Big 5 point weekend that bumps us up to 5th place. Especially big for the standings since UAA seems to have learned how to play hockey all of a sudden.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Nanooks win!! 5 of 6 points again on the road. Hopefully we can get some points at home next month! Shots on goal tonight was pretty much the opposite of last night, thank you Davis Jones for keeping us in the game! Looking forward to being in Bowling Green next week for the games, let's get some more points!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Kiraly with the OT winner. Big 5 point weekend that bumps us up to 5th place. Especially big for the standings since UAA seems to have learned how to play hockey all of a sudden.
                They got healthy.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The boys played a solid third period, especially considering we started with a two minute PK. Really settled down and played better hockey. Back and forth action and we were fortunate enough to get the OT winner for all 3 points.
                  Get'em at BGSU next weekend.

Go Nooks!
                  Last edited by mmf; 01-14-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I don't think I've ever said this, but great ****ing weekend you guys had. Seeing you guys climb the ladder shows we can do it too. Oh and **** Ferris btw.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      Hey MMF
                      Glad your team didn't toss in the towel when they saw the "odds"?
                      Yep, I'm over here trolling.
                      You forgot the first rule.

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Smaller team that relies on chemistry and skill, can take some time to jell.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Good to see you take it to Ferris. They were goons last weekend against us. How many times did they run your goalie this weekend?
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          They got healthy.
                          I would actually like UAA to get to the playoffs (so long as it's not at our expense).

It would be a nice middle finger to all the experts who predicted both Alaska teams to take up 9th and 10th after all the budget BS.

Comment

Something else worth calling out, I think this was easily our best goaltending performance of the season. Jones only let one in and had 45 saves. For a team that is dead last in goals allowed (84 on the season for 3.5 per game), this was a very worthy performance by our senior.

Comment

Austin Vieth suspended for Friday at BGSU.

Comment

Nooks lead BGSU 2-0 after one. SOGs 11-7 Nooks. The Nooks started off a little back on their heels, but picked up the pace the last 10 minutes of the first. BGSU is getting good cycling time in the corners, but the Nooks haven't given up many good scoring chances. Stay aggressive boys.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X