X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Wanted to start the thread anyway, and now have some news:
    http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor...e5c635f0b.html

I'm assuming this is good news. There's a lot that grad assistants can't do, but it's still an NHL voice in the locker room.

Now to the thread title. What sort of reception can we expect from other league members this year? Isn't this sort of like talking about leaving your wife, but then staying in the house?

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

I think the reception will be coldest in Bemidji.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think everyone understands they are doing what they see as best for them. It's been in the cards for a while. I think people will be sorry to see them go, but not mad at them, mostly disappointed is all. Still I really hope they lose all their games and then the NCHC rejects them.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Wanted to start the thread anyway, and now have some news:
        http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor...e5c635f0b.html

I'm assuming this is good news. There's a lot that grad assistants can't do, but it's still an NHL voice in the locker room.
        We'll find out, I guess. He wasn't liked by a lot his teammates when he was a player at MSU. I really don't know how he was in the NHL as a teammate.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I don't hate MSU for this. I envy them for the chance being a realistic one.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            We'll find out, I guess. He wasn't liked by a lot his teammates when he was a player at MSU. I really don't know how he was in the NHL as a teammate.
            I don't know any players from that period, but I've heard the same thing second-hand from several fans. Maybe it was a case of a young kid who was a fairly high draft pick thinking he was above it all. If that was the case, life probably humbled him, as it does all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              I don't know any players from that period, but I've heard the same thing second-hand from several fans. Maybe it was a case of a young kid who was a fairly high draft pick thinking he was above it all. If that was the case, life probably humbled him, as it does all of us.
              What I was told was he said to his teammates "You'll be watching me on TV while you're still struggling for ice time here." And I heard that from a guy on the team. Yeah, let's hope that life has taught him some humility.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I think everyone understands they are doing what they see as best for them. It's been in the cards for a while. I think people will be sorry to see them go, but not mad at them, mostly disappointed is all. Still I really hope they lose all their games and then the NCHC rejects them.
                It's really quiet here.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  It's really quiet here.
                  Yeah, I expected some reaction to the NCHC rejection. There's some discussion of it in the WCHA thread.

Comment

I fear that apathy is going to start setting in. I know it's no different than before, but it's definitely an additional setback for fans'psyche.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was getting used to the new rivalries, and am not completely ready to make nice with the "like-minded institutions" who panicked unnecessarily and did a lot of damage to college hockey.

Comment

Yeah, I expected some reaction to the NCHC rejection. There's some discussion of it in the WCHA thread.
                        Grrrr. That should help.

The whole thing inflated and burst within a few off season weeks. Not enough time for a proper drama.

Comment

We're now 29 days from the exhibition game, so I'm way more concerned with where our offense will come from this year, than I am with who we'll play in 2018

Comment

The thing I still find odd about the whole thing was I would expect usually these items would be discussed in the background and then with at least a high confidence level of acceptance would be made public.

I for one love the new conference, it has benefitted my Huskies in that we have been able to put away decades of ills that befell the program.
                            I would just ask that all of the WCHA brethren take every NCHC/WCHA matchup this year as life and death and let's improve the league hopes for the post season.
                            The NHL has achieved a new level of parity, there are so many good hockey players being produced, there is room for quality all around the leagues.
                            We will not get the 100% blue chippers, note BU's class this year, but that does not mean we can't beat them where it matters on the ice!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              The thing I still find odd about the whole thing was I would expect usually these items would be discussed in the background and then with at least a high confidence level of acceptance would be made public.

I for one love the new conference, it has benefitted my Huskies in that we have been able to put away decades of ills that befell the program.
                              I would just ask that all of the WCHA brethren take every NCHC/WCHA matchup this year as life and death and let's improve the league hopes for the post season.
                              The NHL has achieved a new level of parity, there are so many good hockey players being produced, there is room for quality all around the leagues.
                              We will not get the 100% blue chippers, note BU's class this year, but that does not mean we can't beat them where it matters on the ice!
                              I believe the only reason it was ever made public is that Schlossman submitted a Foia request. That tied MSU'S hands in responding. Their hand was forced. He say it was just a gut feeling, but something tells me someone said something (not necessarily directly or purposely) that tipped him off to it being MSU that applied and not someone else like BGSU.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                              X