This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

Our season preview of Maine on the NUHB, for those who would want to read it: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-patrick-shea/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      One to watch is the Hungarian kid according to the coaching staff.
      Either this is BS, I think Double A has put lots of good info up here in the past, or the staff thinks he going to play
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        Our season preview of Maine on the NUHB, for those who would want to read it: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-patrick-shea/
        Reading this preview only makes me think that this has what many of us have said or thought...many/many questions regarding goaltending-defense and goal scoring with a hint if there is any chance of change then it will have to come from the Freshman Class and "IF" McGovern can come in and be the #1 goaltender.

Comment

This is what I found for STAT's on Robin Hoglund: 2014-15; 5 games played with no goals and no assists and 2 penalty's for 4 minutes(Freshman season)...no STAT's for the 2015-16 season.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Great article man. You obviously put a lot of work into it. Impressed by the level of detail.
            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              Great article man. You obviously put a lot of work into it. Impressed by the level of detail.
              Thank you, I really appreciate that. Loved doing the research, we just started up in late June/early July, looking forward to putting out more previews and coverage of NU and HEA as the season progresses.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Either this is BS, I think Double A has put lots of good info up here in the past, or the staff thinks he going to play
                This info on Herner the Hungarian is good. Red found him and they are very optimistic that he'll be a top top freshman in HEA. Appreciate the accolade from walrus. He doesn't hand out many. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  This info on Herner the Hungarian is good. Red found him and they are very optimistic that he'll be a top top freshman in HEA. Appreciate the accolade from walrus. He doesn't hand out many. :-)
                  I give it out when it's due

Good news on Herner, hope it comes true

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                    Please help me understand, if he's coming in then why doesn't his name appear on the roster? Is there a problem with the NCAA Clearinghouse?

Comment

because the news has to filter through the Athletic Department/Hockey program bureaucracy. Their desire to disseminate information isn't necessarily as strong as our desire to receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                        Please help me understand, if he's coming in then why doesn't his name appear on the roster? Is there a problem with the NCAA Clearinghouse?
                        I went and looked and that is puzzling. I wonder if he is enrolled in classes? Seems like he must be if the staff thinks he is going to help? The way things have gone lately who knows

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I went and looked and that is puzzling. I wonder if he is enrolled in classes? Seems like he must be if the staff thinks he is going to help? The way things have gone lately who knows
                          From the get-go when the Roster was put out he has never been on it....but what is odd is later on QU transfer Cannon Pieper was added...it has been said that he had to sit out this season before he would be able to play for Maine next season and the season after. He played last year for QU, limited time but he did play...wondering "IF" he falls into the 2nd Semester, I don't see it happening but then things change....so maybe the answers will come out soon.(?)

Comment

Well we're close enough that I'll make my predictions for the season. I think Maine goes 17-17-4, finishes seventh in hockey east, wins in the first round, and loses in the second round. Here is what I see as a line chart:

Vesey-Byron-Shea
                            Brown-Pearson-Robbins
                            Pappalardo-Doherty-Perez
                            Hoglund-Lacroix-Gibson
                            Hayes-Fossier-Smith

Schurhamer-Michel
                            Hamilton-Herner
                            Holway-Muehlbauer
                            Becker-Cochrane

McGovern
                            Morris

I think the schedule gives Maine a pretty good chance at a respectable record. I really don't see any good teams in Hockey East other than BU and Quinnipiac is the only team they play out of conference who made the tourney last year. Hopefully this can be the start of getting back to where we would like to see them.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Well we're close enough that I'll make my predictions for the season. I think Maine goes 17-17-4, finishes seventh in hockey east, wins in the first round, and loses in the second round. Here is what I see as a line chart:

Vesey-Byron-Shea
                              Brown-Pearson-Robbins
                              Pappalardo-Doherty-Perez
                              Hoglund-Lacroix-Gibson
                              Hayes-Fossier-Smith

Schurhamer-Michel
                              Hamilton-Herner
                              Holway-Muehlbauer
                              Becker-Cochrane

McGovern
                              Morris

I think the schedule gives Maine a pretty good chance at a respectable record. I really don't see any good teams in Hockey East other than BU and Quinnipiac is the only team they play out of conference who made the tourney last year. Hopefully this can be the start of getting back to where we would like to see them.
                              OVERALL RECORD before Hockey East Playoffs: 11-20-3....10th place finish in Hockey East Play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Vesey-Byron-Shea
                                Brown-Pearson-Robbins
                                Pappalardo-Doherty-Perez
                                Hoglund-Lacroix-Gibson
                                Hayes-Fossier-Smith

Schurhamer-Michel
                                Hamilton-Herner
                                Holway-Muehlbauer
                                Becker-Cochrane

McGovern
                                Morris

Not that it matters for HE but i expect them to come back 0 and 2 when they go to the Miami RedHawks house. Miami struggled last year but have been good the last 10 years, have a great coach and top notch facility. All a recipe for success to bounce right back into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X