X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Who did Miami replace Blasi with?
    Blasi is still head coach. signed a 10 year contract extension a couple of seasons ago.
    UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Are there any miami redhawk fans on this forum that can tell us about the players to look for and is it streamed live by the university?

I thought i saw miami has 14 freshmen in the line up?

Now that i think about it, dont recall ever seeing a miami thread.
      Miami fan here. There use to be a couple other Miami fans on here that would post pretty regularly but I haven't seen them since last season. Perhaps they are actively lurking right now.

Anyway, as you said we have 14 freshman on the roster. Three of those 14 are goalies including Ryan Larkin who has started all three of our games so far this year. Other than one mistake coming out of the goal to play the puck leading to Providence's game winning goal in the first game of the season he has been pretty solid making a couple highlight reel saves keeping that first game even close. Of the 11 non-goalie freshman, 10 have dressed for at least one of the three games and I think the other one is injured. Standouts of the freshman have to be Carson Meyer and Karch Bachman. Meyer has been playing on the top line with Anthony Louis and Josh Melnick, and both Meyer and Bachman have seen a lot of power play time probably leading to them being tied for second on the team with 7 SOG each. As for the young defenseman, they have been pretty solid so far with a couple of dumb penalties here and there, but that is to be expected especially with how the games seem to be called early in the season.

I think Maine visiting Oxford this weekend should be a very fun series. Miami as a team is struggling a little to get going even strength so far this season (0 goals) but the special teams has been great (6 PPG, 20/21 killing penalties) leading to a very up in the air series. I really have no idea as far as a prediction, I am just hoping for an even strength goal!
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
        I am greatly looking forward to this weekend series. I attended graduate school at Miami during the latter part of the last decade and attended as many games at the Goggin as I could. Miami has a great rink, a great and underappreciated student section and one of the top coaches in college hockey. The students at the Goggin are one of the most ruthless towards opposing goalies I have seen in college hockey,
        My wife is also a Miami of Ohio alumni who keeps an eye on their season. This has the potential for a great series and hopefully Maine can pull out one win at least, two would be a dream. Or else I'll hear about if for a while I suppose.
        I've been to the Goggin rink and it is extremely nice, being on the road the bears better fuel up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
          Blasi is still head coach. signed a 10 year contract extension a couple of seasons ago.
          woosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            woosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            No kidding. That was so low and fast over his head it must have taken his toupee with it.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              No kidding. That was so low and fast over his head it must have taken his toupee with it.
              Give the kid a break. He's probably the most knowledgable fan we have.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Maybe but he better figure out the give and take on here

Comment

Maybe but he better figure out the give and take on here
                  Why?

Comment

• Does anyone know how many games before Oliver Herner can play? I've checked around. Can't get any scoop.

Comment

Ouch. The fanbase is that bad??
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Does anyone know how many games before Oliver Herner can play? I've checked around. Can't get any scoop.
                        This what I heard around the rink before the RPI series: 9 games.....but don't hold me to that number except that is the amount games I was told he has to sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          This what I heard around the rink before the RPI series: 9 games.....but don't hold me to that number except that is the amount games I was told he has to sit.
                          The good thing is that so far Maine's D has looked solid without him...any idea on Doherty?
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

The good thing is that so far Maine's D has looked solid without him...any idea on Doherty?
                            Nothing on Doherty, and that also was during the RPI weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                              Does anyone know how many games before Oliver Herner can play? I've checked around. Can't get any scoop.
                              Are you sure he is going to play even if eligible? Maybe he can't make the starting team at this point? I know you said the staff thinks he is a stud but they said that about Hayes also???

Comment

Are you sure he is going to play even if eligible? Maybe he can't make the starting team at this point? I know you said the staff thinks he is a stud but they said that about Hayes also???
                                Good point, I like the looks of the D so far. Don't expect to see much of Hayes if things go as they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X