This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I thought Maine's play was actually a lot more impressive than the results. There were three things I really liked; Maine dominated the first game, managed to come back in the second game, and finally in the second game hung on at the end. It was nice to see all four lines being rolled out all weekend too. I think if Maine can split this weekend and next they actually give themselves a pretty decent chance at an NCAA spot. The schedule is very much in Maine's favor this year.
    This team is going nowhere without a powerplay
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

to be fair, the lacroix penalty to put maine on the 5x3 pk was pretty ticky tack... one of those new points of emphasis that is absolutely sucking the flow and life out of games...

Comment

• Quinnipiac is cheap

Comment

Nothing like a little talent on board to make a huge change in compete level
          sure why not

Comment

Fossier! 3 for 3!

Comment

W o w !!!!

Absolutely huge win . You guys believers yet ?
              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                W o w !!!!
                Best PP of the night for the bears, unreal win. This team folds like a cheap tent if it was last year. Great win

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Best PP of the night for the bears, unreal win. This team folds like a cheap tent if it was last year. Great win
                  Finally great to see this level of effort and getting the reward for it. A sweep would be special,, wink wink😂 and you gave up your tickets !
                  sure why not

Comment

When I first checked USCHO at about 8:30, the scoreboard said Q was ahead 3-1 at the end of 2 periods, which made me wonder, because the game started at 7:30 and there wasn't enough time for two full periods. Well, I checked the stats at www.blackbear.com, and they said it was 0-0 after one period, which is what the Channel l4 live broadcast said, as well.
                    As it turned out, it was 3-1 at one point, but when I checked USCHO at the end of two periods, they accurately reported Q ahead 2-0. Go Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      Finally great to see this level of effort and getting the reward for it. A sweep would be special,, wink wink😂 and you gave up your tickets !
                      Nice win tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        As fun as that game was, still don't miss the drive up and back after 300 miles doing service calls todays.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          As fun as that game was, still don't miss the drive up and back after 300 miles doing service calls todays.
                          Understandable especially when you can sit home watch tv and listen to the tuell...lol
                          sure why not

Comment

Finally some guys on this team with ballzz!

Comment

In addition to scoring three game-winning goals in his first three games, Mitchell Fossier has five goals to lead the freshmen who have notched nine in just three games. Last year the freshman class scored eight in 204 manpower games. This year's total has come in just 19 manpower games.

The last freshmen to score 5 goals were Cedric Lacroix (5) and Nolan Vesey (10) in 2014-15. Vesey did not score his first until game 15 and Lacroix until game 17. Vesey did not score his fifth until game 22. Lacroix scored his fifth in game 38. Blaine Byron scored five in his first 14 games. Devin Shore struggled as a freshman, as did Steven Swavely. Not since 2009 has Maine had a freshman score five so quickly when Adam Shemansky did it in seven games.

Maine last rallied in the third period...last Saturday. Maine last rallied twice when trailing after two periods in the SAME SEASON in 2011-12, when they trailed at Vermont 3-2 after two and rallied to win 6-4 on 12/2/11 and vs Alabama-Huntsville when they trailed 3-0 and came back to win 4-3 in overtime on 2/3/12.

Officially the game was sold out. Attendance 5125.

Comment

little closer... mistake in the edit where they repeat vesy's goal instead of editing in schurhamer's...

https://youtu.be/CDiAcY0APZ8

Comment

Working...
                                X