Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Big OT win tonight! Its never been more obvious to me how much RIT misses the Norrish brothers out there - their speed, physical defense and playmaking than the last 2 months of games... so what is the injury story on them? Also I really think Valenzuela is playing hurt he just doesnt seem to have the same quickness and elusiveness with the puck as last season and beginning of this season. Maybe its just me though. In any event they Tigers grinded it out big 5-3 kill at end of second and a Nice one timer blast for the OT win.

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      The first goal was also soft as butter. Even checked out of his season year Rotolo should stop that.
      Yea first goal last night was awful. He played better tonight overall but again the Holy Cross goal was even worse tonight he basically lazily teed up the puck behind the net for the HC player. And a goalie should never be getting penalties especially not two in one period!

Comment

I would love to see our freshman get a split with Air Force next weekend... It's asking a lot but these boys are talented, they just never gelled like that they have in the past. I'm really hoping for them. They are much better then they know. This OT win was definitely needed.
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Looking at the standings, the one glaring stat that jumps out to me is ties. RIT is the only team without any ties (conference). The AHC is averaging 3.6 ties per team, with 3 teams with 6. RIT has 0.

Give us 4 ties, and we're right up there tied for 3rd place, we'd all be singing a different tune right now. This team has 6 games that were lost by 1 goal, and a few more that were lost by 2 because of empty netters, so even 5 ties would have been statistically realistic. Lack of discipline, lack of finishing, and just plain bad luck shafted us in the tie column this year.

RIT Hockey FB Group
          Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

This coming weekend I think we will see if this team has any chance of being a factor in the playoffs. A first round bye is still not out of the questions, but I think they need to get 5 of 6 points for that to happen.

What bothered me all year, even late in the first half when they were on a streak was the sloppy undisciplined play that just never seen to be corrected. Then it seem as soon as the first injury happen to Valenzuela, everything started to crumble. Wayne said last weekend that the coaching staff has said all they can say. The answer has to come from within. I think they have been there for about a month. The amount of talent being wasted in heads of this year's team is truly alarming. That being said their is still time to salvage something for this season...
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
              Give us 4 ties, and we're right up there tied for 3rd place, we'd all be singing a different tune right now...
              That is only if those 4 ties were in place of close losses and not close wins (i.e. Saturday's OT win). If you look at a break here and there changing some of those losses into 1 point ties, you'd also have to look at a break or two going for their opponents changing a 2 point game into a 1 point tie as well.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                That is only if those 4 ties were in place of close losses and not close wins (i.e. Saturday's OT win). If you look at a break here and there changing some of those losses into 1 point ties, you'd also have to look at a break or two going for their opponents changing a 2 point game into a 1 point tie as well.
                It is quite unusual to see a team in a league as balanced as this one go this deep into the season with 0 ties. I wonder if any team has gone the entire season without one?
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  Proportionally speaking, RIT has had way more close losses - 6 one-goal losses to 3 one-goal wins.

I was just pointing out how odd it is to be this far into the season without any ties.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                  Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Big weekend. I like to think with last weekend ending on a high note the boys have a little wind in their sails, but I hope I'm not being overly (and uncharacteristically) optimistic...I'm thinking each team walks away with two points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                      Big weekend. I like to think with last weekend ending on a high note the boys have a little wind in their sails, but I hope I'm not being overly (and uncharacteristically) optimistic...I'm thinking each team walks away with two points.
                      Well that would be nice!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

No Gabe tonight.
                        RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Playing with a lot of heart, just not enough horses. TV guys were thinking an 8th place finish hosting Sacred Heart in the 1st round. Last regular season home game tomorrow which is big for our seniors, however we need to be as healthy as we can get for the playoffs. What team will coach put on the ice tomorrow if we are looking at 8th place and probably be playing Sacred Heart at home in the 1st round? I'd sit any nicked up regulars.
                          Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 02-17-2017, 08:57 PM.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            Playing with a lot of heart, just not enough horses. TV guys were thinking an 8th place finish hosting Sacred Heart in the 1st round. Last regular season home game tomorrow which is big for our seniors, however we need to be as healthy as we can get for the playoffs. What team will coach put on the ice tomorrow if we are looking at 8th place and probably be playing Sacred Heart at home in the 1st round? I'd sit any nicked up regulars.
                            If Sacred Heart wins out and RIT loses its last two, RIT finishes 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              If Sacred Heart wins out and RIT loses its last two, RIT finishes 9th.
                              You're right Ed, we'd still have Sacred Heart but they'd be hosting, for everybody's sake, especially you radio guys, I hope that doesn't happen. Don't think it will with them finishing at Air Force.
                              Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 02-17-2017, 09:22 PM.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                I'd sit any nicked up regulars.
                                Not enough bodies to do that.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X