University of New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of New England

New Year, New Conference (Commonwealth Coast Conference), New UNE Thread.

Re: University of New England

Very nice UNE mention in New England Journal: http://digital.hockeyjournal.com/nxtbooks/seamans/nehj_201609/index.php?startid=28

Comment

I agree that The Forum is a gem of a facility, certainly worthy of the University and of the teams that the school has put together, both men and women. The University has made the commitment to both programs, excellent coaches and facilities. And... a world class academic institution!

Now, if the other schools in the conference would join UNE and Endicott and make a similar commitment to their student-athletes with skates, this conference could truly soar!

Comment

Upcoming Nichols Bison Men's Hockey hosting a tournament at the new rink in Boston January 6 & 7. Stonehill (NE10), Nichols (CCC), Becker (CCC) and Buffalo State (SUNYAC).

Comment

Thx you dinocoach

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
          I agree that The Forum is a gem of a facility, certainly worthy of the University and of the teams that the school has put together, both men and women. The University has made the commitment to both programs, excellent coaches and facilities. And... a world class academic institution!

Now, if the other schools in the conference would join UNE and Endicott and make a similar commitment to their student-athletes with skates, this conference could truly soar!

Comment

Thank You delian, let's keep DIII threads going.

Originally posted by delfan View Post
            Upcoming Nichols Bison Men's Hockey hosting a tournament at the new rink in Boston January 6 & 7. Stonehill (NE10), Nichols (CCC), Becker (CCC) and Buffalo State (SUNYAC).

Comment

I know this is off topic, and I do apologize at the start, but it's a big day for UNE athletics today as the newest sport will be hosting Harvard in the inaugural Women's Rugby contest (scrum?) on campus at noon today. I think with all the talk about DWC and the unfortunate circumstances their student-athletes find themselves, this is good news for the D-3. Congratulations to AD Jack McDonald, his entire staff and the entire UNE community. Best of luck to the @UNEWomensRugby today. Next year, it will be @UNEFootball making its debut!

Comment

Thx for the nice comments on UNE Dino! Twas a fun two weeks for UNE Athletics. Harvard comes to the University of New England campus in Biddeford for a women's rugby game and then women's rugby play at Dartmouth the following week. Wow!

Lots of good news coming from UNE Men's Ice Hockey too!

Comment

Very possible that on Oct 13, the 2016 Frozen Four Finalist and #2 preseason pick Quinnipiac University Bobcats will make their 2nd visit to the University of New England for a practice prior to their weekend series on Oct 14/15 at the University of Maine.
                  Last edited by Fred.Davenport; 09-28-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Days away from "Dropping the CCC Puck" and hope many will subscribe to this fun fan forum.

Comment

I'm surprised to see UNE was picked for third in the CCC with zero votes for first. Could be way off the mark. Will threaten in the CCC immediately and is on the 3-5 year watch-list from a national standpoint. Remember, a team's quality isn't contingent on how many fans it has yapping away here...it's contingent on whether it's actually any good and UNE is headed as much in the right direction as anyone...
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        I'm surprised to see UNE was picked for third in the CCC with zero votes for first. Could be way off the mark. Will threaten in the CCC immediately and is on the 3-5 year watch-list from a national standpoint. Remember, a team's quality isn't contingent on how many fans it has yapping away here...it's contingent on whether it's actually any good and UNE is headed as much in the right direction as anyone...
                        I, too, was surprised by that ranking, but, remember that this is still pre-season, no games yet! Based upon their season last year, I saw a lot of the "intangibles" in UNE, character, mental toughness that teams need to be successful. Now, whether that can translate into success this season, only time will tell. I did not see Endicott or Salve play last year, but based upon their results last year, they appear to have demonstrated the same sort of "intangibles" of a winner. And, no one should count out Nichols or Wentworth or Curry as their programs have all had success recently.

Really looking forward to the season at the Forum and to see the University buzz about their hockey team. I have said here before that I was concerned about the switch in conferences and the level of play. Now, I am beginning to re-think the decision. Maybe AD Jack McDonald actually knows what he's doing (tongue firmly in cheek!). I think the University is blessed to have him leading the way!

Let the games begin!

Comment

I too was surprised to see UNE picked third, as I would've pegged them as the favorite heading into the year. I know Endicott and Salve played for the NE title last year, but UNE finishing fourth the NEHC behind UMass-Boston, Babson, and Norwich (and splitting the season series with Norwich) proves their contender status. Even in my short time really paying attention to DIII hockey (the past three years, really), UNE's progression has been obvious. I'm going to miss their presence in the NEHC and wish them the best this season.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            I too was surprised to see UNE picked third, as I would've pegged them as the favorite heading into the year. I know Endicott and Salve played for the NE title last year, but UNE finishing fourth the NEHC behind UMass-Boston, Babson, and Norwich (and splitting the season series with Norwich) proves their contender status. Even in my short time really paying attention to DIII hockey (the past three years, really), UNE's progression has been obvious. I'm going to miss their presence in the NEHC and wish them the best this season.
                            4th place NEHC >> 1st place ECAC NE
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              4th place NEHC >> 1st place ECAC NE
                              That was exactly my thinking.
                              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X