Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    So if I don't have BTN, but subscribe to BTN plus, I can get the BTN2GO Streams correct? but not games that are on BTN? I think it is really confusing....
    Short answer: I think so

From the BTN Plus page
    Games and events included in your BTN Plus subscription are non-televised games and events. To check if a game is included with your BTN Plus subscription, look for the "BTN Plus" designation next to the game or event you want to watch. A BTN Plus Subscription does not include access to other televised (BTN/ESPN/CBS/etc.) content on BTN2Go.

I'm not sure if that counts only national broadcast or if the regional broadcast partners like FS Wisconsin and Wisconsin PBS are included.

Long answer: Yes, it is all terribly confusing.
    Be careful of the automatic billing. It doesn't show up on your CC statement as "BTN Plus" or "UW Subscription", it is billed as the 3rd party streaming provider (whose name I can't remember at the moment).
    Also be aware of the crazy differences in how easy it is to subscribe and how difficult it can be to unsubscribe. You want to start a subscription, well there is a link on pretty much every page to get you started! You want to cancel your subscription, then you have to dig into the support page and find a somewhat hidden link where you can e-mail your cancellation request to their support team.
    Granted, this is all from a few years ago when I tried this, things may have changed, your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      The UW has released the TV/online streaming schedule for the year.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/9...x?path=mhockey

Quite a few regular season games on TV and/or streaming. Makes me happy down here in Georgia.
      I think the fact that their are ANY games on FS Wisconsin is a positive sign.

Comment

So if I don't have BTN, but subscribe to BTN plus, I can get the BTN2GO Streams correct? but not games that are on BTN? I think it is really confusing....
        NO.

BTN+ only shows games that are not televised at all. It is a stand-alone subscription that you must pay extra for regardless of your cable/satellite provider (but is available to everyone).

BTN2Go is ONLY available if you have BTN in your cable/satellite package. There is no way to access BTN2Go without a login for your tv provider.

Long story short, if you don't subscribe to a tv package that includes BTN, you can't get BTN2Go.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
          I think the fact that their are ANY games on FS Wisconsin is a positive sign.
          That jumped out at me the most. FS-Wisconsin is accessible on basic cable (and in bars/restaurants), and sports fans in Wisconsin know where to find it. I'm glad they'll be carrying games other than just FS-North gophers simulcasts.

Comment

SLU and Clarkson both stream games for free.
            clarksonathletics.com and follow multimedia links.
            stlawu.edu go to athletics and follow the links.

Clarkson's video quality needs work. SLU has good quality, but a low camera angle.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just watched G's presser, the 2 main things I got out of it is the D will be more aggressive and close gaps going forward instead of backing off and all the goalies will see playing time early in the season. At first he only mentioned in the exhibition, but then he kind of expanded that thought to early in the season. They should really ditch the old MM pressers on the video main page. I can't wait for them to be able to run full practices next week. It has to be driving the coaches nuts to be limited to 2 hrs a week right now, there's so much work to do.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Just watched G's presser, the 2 main things I got out of it is the D will be more aggressive and close gaps going forward instead of backing off and all the goalies will see playing time early in the season. At first he only mentioned in the exhibition, but then he kind of expanded that thought to early in the season. They should really ditch the old MM pressers on the video main page. I can't wait for them to be able to run full practices next week. It has to be driving the coaches nuts to be limited to 2 hrs a week right now, there's so much work to do.
                the backing off the last few years killed me. I just would rather see them be aggressive and get beat once in a while then to sit back and let them do what they want at the blue line in. Same thing I taught my U12 girls soccer team especially the goalie and I talk about with my high school lacrosse player.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  SLU and Clarkson both stream games for free.
                  clarksonathletics.com and follow multimedia links.
                  stlawu.edu go to athletics and follow the links.

Clarkson's video quality needs work. SLU has good quality, but a low camera angle.
                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

the backing off the last few years killed me. I just would rather see them be aggressive and get beat once in a while then to sit back and let them do what they want at the blue line in. Same thing I taught my U12 girls soccer team especially the goalie and I talk about with my high school lacrosse player.
                    I agree. If you force the puck/ball carrier to make the pass on your terms and not theirs, more often than not they will not be able to make the play they want.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Drop the puck!! I'm feelin' a little anxious..................I wonder where a guy, and everyday Joe like myself, could find a little action....Kohl Center!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65pA0dP_FT0
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Why does hockey not allow more practicing before games. Heck Football gets spring and fall.

Comment

After my first season last year of no season tickets since the program moved into the Kohl, I have officially put one foot back on the bandwagon. I picked up 3 games in a minipackage and my unofficial boycott of Badger Hockey has officially ended. To put things into perspective about the power of my boycotting/fandom...I came to be a Badger hockey season ticketholder as a transition away from being a part of a season ticket package of the Blackhawks. Unfortunately my boycott of the Hawks lasted far longer then my hiatus from the Badger, but hopefully the end result of returning to glory is right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            After my first season last year of no season tickets since the program moved into the Kohl, I have officially put one foot back on the bandwagon. I picked up 3 games in a minipackage and my unofficial boycott of Badger Hockey has officially ended. To put things into perspective about the power of my boycotting/fandom...I came to be a Badger hockey season ticketholder as a transition away from being a part of a season ticket package of the Blackhawks. Unfortunately my boycott of the Hawks lasted far longer then my hiatus from the Badger, but hopefully the end result of returning to glory is right around the corner.
                            Yea, 3 titles in the next 6/7 years would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                              Yea, 3 titles in the next 6/7 years would be nice
                              Not that we are greedy or anything, letting other teams win 4 over the next 7 years seems downright generous to me.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                Not that we are greedy or anything, letting other teams win 4 over the next 7 years seems downright generous to me.
                                We have been pretty generous the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X