Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Zirbel, Ford, Cavallini, Ustaski. Labosky led the USHL in scoring in the playoffs, can't really see him not on the ice.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Soleway sit a couple games. If the new coaching staff wants to be more upbeat with a new system, a slow Soleway won't fit that mold.
    Soleway is the number one face off guy and and energy guy and should be on the ice.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

My take on the lines-

Hughes-Kunin-Besse. Found a lot of success later on last year. I thought having Kunin/Besse around Hughes made him more of a threat. This line will put up big numbers. I expect Besse to have a breakout year

Johnson-Frederic-Zimmer. I like the potential of these guys. Johnson and Zimmer are fast skaters who will find the back of the net more often this year. Frederic is a two way player who loves to play close to the net.

Labosky-Malone-Soleway. Labosky and Malone can pass and score. A lot of potential with those 2. I am really hoping for a bounce back year for Jed.

Freytag-Wagner-Ford/Ustaski- Freytag has potential to put up some points. Wagner is a beast by the net.

Linhart-Greenway-both can score. Greenway has big time potential.
      Davison-Tischke- Davison needs to play better D this year; he proved he could score last year. Tischke is a sleeper; big and strong. Looked lost at times last year.
      Sexton-Bunz/McGuire-

Jurusik should be in net but Berry has talent and could challenge Jurusik for PT.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
        Zimmer/Kunin/Besse
        This line brought a smile to my face. I really like Hughes a lot, but Zimmer is a better player and will take this line over the top.

Oh Baby! Put the biscuits on the ice and let's roll!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          This line brought a smile to my face. I really like Hughes a lot, but Zimmer is a better player and will take this line over the top.

Oh Baby! Put the biscuits on the ice and let's roll!
          Is it funny that I heard Posick's voice in my head when I read 'Oh, Baby!'
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Is it funny that I heard Posick's voice in my head when I read 'Oh, Baby!'
            I heard Andringa at the end of the Cornell 3OT NCAA Quarterfinal in GB.....

Comment

Hi old friends.

This Packer Backer and former 30+ year season ticket holder will be slowly jumping back on the bandwagon. Take it easy on me. I'm no con or hybs.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                Hi old friends.

This Packer Backer and former 30+ year season ticket holder will be slowly jumping back on the bandwagon. Take it easy on me. I'm no con or hybs.
                Ahh yes, Cons, Hybs, Joey V, Hallucination just to name a few old timers who have come and gone......they all wised up and thought "why the blank am I posting on a college hockey site, there's no much more to life". There's always welcoming arms to come back to the craziness. Hockey is life, life is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by aktick View Post
                  Hi old friends.

Welcome back
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    Hi old friends.

Welcome back!
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Ahh yes, Cons, Hybs, Joey V, Hallucination just to name a few old timers who have come and gone......they all wised up and thought "why the blank am I posting on a college hockey site, there's no much more to life". There's always welcoming arms to come back to the craziness. Hockey is life, life is good.
                      How could I forget Joey V?!

I only say Packer Backer because I'm up GB way now, used to be near Madison. Gave up my season tix around 2012. Sadly, didn't regret it. And last season was the first time in my life I didn't go to a game...

Tim, the muskies are really starting to hit on Green Bay...spot in the boat for you anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                        How could I forget Joey V?!

I only say Packer Backer because I'm up GB way now, used to be near Madison. Gave up my season tix around 2012. Sadly, didn't regret it. And last season was the first time in my life I didn't go to a game...

Tim, the muskies are really starting to hit on Green Bay...spot in the boat for you anytime.
                        WHOA! My sons (18 & 20) want to fish GBay of Pigs this fall, we may have to try and get a 2 boat effort out there. I am not equipped for trolling at all, don't know if that is a problem or not. He was out trolling with 2 friends in another boat a month ago and landed one 50 on the GBay of Pigs. We fished Waubesa last weekend and did not connect, not even a follow. One son fished Monona the other night and had a 50+ follow in but not eat. This is getting close to feedbag season. I have a 16' deep V with a 90 4 stroke, so I should be able to get out there provided no big big winds come up. We had a hairy experience this summer @ Peninsula St. Park and some big rollers snuck up on us. When the distance between the tops of the rollers is longer than your boat, it's gonna be ugly and wet. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Comment

• A couple thoughts on line combinations...

Wagner was the third leading goal scorer last season, can't see him playing fourth line minutes.

I read that Frederic struggled to start last year on top line but flourished when moved to second line. I think UW should put him in a second line role.

Kunin is likely going to draw opposing teams' best defensemen (and he'll still produce)...hopefully a second and third line can take advantage of easier defensive pairings.

Soleway is great at face offs but always has a terrible +/-. I'm not sure what the answer is for him except it better involve other forwards that are good defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Soleway is great at face offs but always has a terrible +/-.
                            Good ole plus-minus...I still remember that year Jeff Schultz was robbed of the Norris. /s

Comment

The UW has released the TV/online streaming schedule for the year.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/9...x?path=mhockey

Quite a few regular season games on TV and/or streaming. Makes me happy down here in Georgia.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                The UW has released the TV/online streaming schedule for the year.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/9...x?path=mhockey

Quite a few regular season games on TV and/or streaming. Makes me happy down here in Georgia.
                                So if I don't have BTN, but subscribe to BTN plus, I can get the BTN2GO Streams correct? but not games that are on BTN? I think it is really confusing....
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X