Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, and there's no excuse for a team with this much talent to be "tanking" right now against the worst team in the league. This is the sort of thing that, as much as we try not to, makes some of us question the coaching staff.
    I don't question the coaches like I did in the Markel era but I question more our players and what they think they have to put into a game as far as effort goes to get the win.

Comment

Interesting weekend - everybody split. Status quo is unchanged.

Comment

Nice Senior Night win. The Spartans never quit, but the Buckeyes did what was necessary.

Great power move to the net by Dakota on the GWG.

Very cool to see Logan get the Curtain Call.

On to Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          I don't question the coaches like I did in the Markel era but I question more our players and what they think they have to put into a game as far as effort goes to get the win.
          I tend to lean that way, too, where I feel the coaches know what they are doing and that the players are the ones who are not executing on the ice.

Comment

After last night's win, we moved from 19th up to 17th, still on the outside looking in. I'm not even sure if a sweep at Wisconsin would move us up far enough to be in the clear. It will likely come down to us having to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get in. We'll find out in another two weeks or so how badly this team wants to accomplish the goals they set for themselves.

Comment

After last night's win, we moved from 19th up to 17th, still on the outside looking in. I'm not even sure if a sweep at Wisconsin would move us up far enough to be in the clear. It will likely come down to us having to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get in. We'll find out in another two weeks or so how badly this team wants to accomplish the goals they set for themselves.
              I feel the scenario to get us in without the tournament title would be a sweep at Wisconsin which would be VERY favorable in the pairwise and to at least be in the championship game.
              That's the Captain Obvious statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                A sweep at Wisconsin probably gets them to at least 13 depending on other results. Road wins are weighted more than home wins and beating a team above u is always good. If they do sweep and win one game in the tournament that I think would be good enough. A split probably leaves them at 15 and then your looking at needing 2 wins at worst in Detroit.

Comment

You know there is one scenario I completely forgot about and what if the top two seeds in the B1G are eliminated in the semi's?
                  If we and another team that will both be playing 3 games in 3 days play for the title I will be much more optimistic about us winning the conference title and the automatic bid!

Comment

Just went and messed around with results and by just winning the 2 games against the Michigan schools the last 2 weeks Ohio state would be 10th. Now I went in and did this week and a split at Wisconsin and all home teams win in the other conferences it still leaves them at 17.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Just went and messed around with results and by just winning the 2 games against the Michigan schools the last 2 weeks Ohio state would be 10th. Now I went in and did this week and a split at Wisconsin and all home teams win in the other conferences it still leaves them at 17.
                      We have actually done alright against the teams above us this season, other than the home sweep vs Wisconsin. It's the losses against inferior teams that have us on the outside looking in. Your calculations seem correct to me, that this team now has to sweep Wisconsin this weekend. A split this weekend will leave them having to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get into the NCAA Tournament. If this team could have just beaten the teams they were supposed to beat, we wouldn't have to crunch the PairWise numbers because we would already be in the top ten. Losses or ties to Air Force, Miami, Robert Morris, UConn, Arizona State, Michigan, and Michigan State ... if you do the math, yeah, we would be sitting pretty in the PairWise right about now. That is one thing this team never figured out this season, that they have to play a 60-minute game, regardless of the opponent. This team has taken way too many periods off this season, and now it is on the verge of costing them an NCAA Tournament bid. It has definitely cost them a top-two finish in the final BIG Ten standings. Wisconsin is seven points ahead of us in the standings, so even if we do sweep this weekend, the best we can do is move ahead of Penn State and finish third. That will leave us with an unenviable task of having to win three games in Detroit. We'll see what happens. We're not done yet, but this team has to play 60-minute games from this point moving forward. They no longer have the luxury of taking periods off.

Comment

Excuse this for sounding like a pun but I wonder how nicked up Schilkey is? We need him healthy.

Comment

Ohio State up to 14th in Pairwise after tonight's impressive win. A sweep with stats tomorrow as good as tonight's would bode well indeed taking us to at least 12th I assume.
                          Got my fingers crossed it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Excuse this for sounding like a pun but I wonder how nicked up Schilkey is? We need him healthy.
                            Schilkey is hurt again?!?!? We're toast if he is hurt now. We need him for the stretch run. #Ouch

Comment

Schilkey is hurt again?!?!? We're toast if he is hurt now. We need him for the stretch run. #Ouch
                              On one of our first period goals he was on his knees in front of the crease and it looked like he was cross-checked in the face or throat and no call of course. He returned in the 2nd and I didn't see what happened late in the 3rd but he was down on the ice and came to the bench doubled over in difficulty. I don't know if there was something that should have been called or what happened.

Comment

Great team victory tonight. Moved up to 14 and another win tomorrow would put them in a nice spot come Detroit. A win tomorrow also locks up 3rd place and a date with the Spartans on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X