Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I put it to you guys AGAIN, what of the hit on OUR guy that should have been called that Healey retaliated for? I think that's VERY relevant! He was being the enforcer on a bad non call.
    The 2nd guy always gets caught he is a senior and a captain. He should know better but he hasnt learned. Yes that penalty should have been called on Minnesota but again Healey cant make that hit and there was no reason to make that hit. They were on the PP with a 4-2 lead just let it go and continue on the PP score the 5th goal and put the game away. Refs miss calls that happens every game but you cant put yourself in a position for the refs to make the call on you. Way to many times on Saturday night Ohio State players were the ones who got the calls made on them some you cant avoid but the 2 majors you can avoid.

Comment

I completely disagree the second penalty should have been a major and the B1G play by play commentators agreed - not a 5 minute!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I completely disagree the second penalty should have been a major and the B1G play by play commentators agreed - not a 5 minute!
        I don't think it should have been a major either 2 minute yes. Was the penalty avoidable yes I do think so.

Comment

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty any day. Not the best performance by far but ill take the win and 3 points. The last three weeks including tonight they have had so much trouble getting out of their own zone and up the ice. Deep forecheck pressure from the opponent is to blame for some of that but terrible passing and decision making is also a part of that. I dont think Frey was to blame for either of the 2 goals. Kearney is to blame for that 1st one he tried to cheat and leave the zone and his man put home a rebound. Way to many battles lost in the defensive zone tonight which caused the two goals. Its nice to nit pick after a win but tomorrow it would be nice if i can just relax during a game.

Comment

The Buckeyes took game one earlier tonight by a final score of 3-2. According to the box score, the teams were tied at 2 after one. Neither team scored in the second, then the Buckeyes got the game-winner in the third. The Buckeye goals were scored by Dakota Joshua, Tanner Laczynski, and John Wiitala with the game-winner. Christian Frey saved 33 of the 35 shots he faced. Ohio State needs to come out and complete the sweep tomorrow. They can't really afford to not get six points this weekend vs the last place team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              Winning ugly is better than losing pretty any day. Not the best performance by far but ill take the win and 3 points. The last three weeks including tonight they have had so much trouble getting out of their own zone and up the ice. Deep forecheck pressure from the opponent is to blame for some of that but terrible passing and decision making is also a part of that. I dont think Frey was to blame for either of the 2 goals. Kearney is to blame for that 1st one he tried to cheat and leave the zone and his man put home a rebound. Way to many battles lost in the defensive zone tonight which caused the two goals. Its nice to nit pick after a win but tomorrow it would be nice if i can just relax during a game.
              Haha, we're Ohio State Hockey fans, we're not allowed to relax. Did you go up or did you watch online? Honestly, I will take another ugly 3-2 win tomorrow as long as we get the sweep and the six points!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Haha, we're Ohio State Hockey fans, we're not allowed to relax. Did you go up or did you watch online? Honestly, I will take another ugly 3-2 win tomorrow as long as we get the sweep and the six points!
                Yea i am up here watching. Yea again your right we are never allowed to relax lol

Comment

I do not have the box score in front of me but I have read on a couple of different websites that Ohio State completed the sweep earlier tonight with a 4-3 win. That is a big six points on the road. Nice job by the guys this weekend. Next up the Wolverines come to town. Need to stay hot and get another six points.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    I do not have the box score in front of me but I have read on a couple of different websites that Ohio State completed the sweep earlier tonight with a 4-3 win. That is a big six points on the road. Nice job by the guys this weekend. Next up the Wolverines come to town. Need to stay hot and get another six points.
                    Got up 3-0 for the second saturday night in a row this time kept the lead although they sat back and let the spartans back in the game. 6 point weekends are what it is about right now and with Michigan coming to town next weeekend they need to put the gas pedal to the floor and keep it down.

Comment

Amen on the sweeps. Keep it going, Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        Got up 3-0 for the second saturday night in a row this time kept the lead although they sat back and let the spartans back in the game. 6 point weekends are what it is about right now and with Michigan coming to town next weekend they need to put the gas pedal to the floor and keep it down.
                        Absolutely. Anything less than six points in each of the next two weekends will drop us in the PairWise, and we cannot afford that right now. We have climbed back up to 13th in the PairWise and we have the two worst teams in the league coming to our place in the coming weekends before finishing up at Wisconsin. Then again, "our place" hasn't been much of an advantage this season as our team inexplicably has a much better road record than they do at home. Maybe we can change that the next couple weekends.

Comment

Great win last night. I think that game could have been a lot closer, but those two goals with less than 10 seconds left at the end of the first two periods really took the wind out Michigan I think. We just need to stay out of the box and avoid majors like we did last night and we should be in good shape. The 4 minute PK in the 3rd was great to see, and some great saves by Frey helped a lot too.
                          Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                          University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                            Great win last night.
                            Good compete level from the players. Good energy in the stands. Fun & successful night. As Peter Frampton would put it: C'mon; let's do it again.

I think that game could have been a lot closer, but those two goals with less than 10 seconds left at the end of the first two periods really took the wind out Michigan I think.
                            The Buckeyes had more than one path to victory last night, but that was the path taken. Those two goals won the game.

We just need to stay out of the box and avoid majors like we did last night and we should be in good shape. The 4 minute PK in the 3rd was great to see, and some great saves by Frey helped a lot too.
                            Also spot on. Good post.

Comment

Well that was brutal. Honestly, I don't really know what else we could have done. We stayed out of the box and killed off the one penalty we did have. We made a lot of sloppy passes, but we still controlled the game and outshot them about 2-1. We just couldn't get any of our chances to go. Extremely frustrating, especially after another great game from Frey. I'm generally not one to complain about refs, and this has nothing to do with the calls they made (although I do think they missed a hit from behind penalty against Jobst in the final 2 minutes), but I can't remember the last game where the refs got in the way of the play as much as they did tonight. They got in the way of the puck at least 3 or 4 times, and got in the way of players at least another 2 or 3 times in addition to that. Did impact the outcome? Probably not. It screwed Michigan once or twice too, but it sure was annoying.
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

What a **** show. No sense of urgency from this team whatsoever. It's like everyone was waiting for someone else to make a play. They had a chance to keep themselves close to the top ten in the PairWise and they come out and lay an egg against the 5th place team in the league (40th in the PairWise). No excuse for it. Oh well. It's official now ... this team will have to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get into the NCAA Tournament as they have slipped to 18th in the PairWise. They will not move up enough spots against Michigan State and Wisconsin (provided they win all four games against those teams, which seems unlikely) to ensure that they get in above the lower-ranked teams that will win their conference tournaments and get auto-bids. They needed to get up to 12th or higher, which they were before tonight. That is a lot of pressure to put on themselves, but then, they put themselves in this position with inexplicable losses to inferior teams. Now it's basically win the BIG Ten Tournament or the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X