Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Totally agree! I have been critical of this program at times (sometimes it's warranted, IMHO), but I am thoroughly impressed with getting 5/6 points this weekend on the road at Penn State. With the Bucks being a tad shorthanded due to battling some injuries, five points vs the #1 team in the country is a great accomplishment. Hopefully they can stay consistent and keep this going.
    This weekend sets them up nicely for a run at the title. They now have a chance to move up in the standings while none of the teams above them play next weekend. Wisconsin is much improved i watched them play both games this weekend. That PP is deadly going to have to keep the PK hot just like this weekend killed off 11 of 12 i think. Really need to PP to get going again though. Hope Tanner and/or Schilkey can get back for this weekend. Im not holding out hope for Thursday but Saturday is more like it for both if they are going to play.

Comment

I was out of town and didn't get to stream the game. We need to play hard and consistent down the stretch.
      A sweep of the Badgers next weekend would fit nicely into the plans but do we really think there's going to be much of a draw at the New York game? I feel we simply got gypped out of a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I was out of town and didn't get to stream the game. We need to play hard and consistent down the stretch.
        A sweep of the Badgers next weekend would fit nicely into the plans but do we really think there's going to be much of a draw at the New York game? I feel we simply got gypped out of a home game.
        They agreed to give up the home game which blows me away that they would do that. Your right not many Buckeye fans will be at MSG. The one constant they will have down the stretch is Frey.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          They agreed to give up the home game which blows me away that they would do that. Your right not many Buckeye fans will be at MSG.
          Do you think they had a choice?
          This is the B1G attempting to widen their sphere of influence and we are just one of their pawns.
          Kind of like Hitler invading Russia. Could the B1G be the next evil empire? We shall see won't we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Do you think they had a choice?
            This is the B1G attempting to widen their sphere of influence and we are just one of their pawns.
            Kind of like Hitler invading Russia. Could the B1G be the next evil empire? We shall see won't we?
            Yea I'm sure they didn't have a choice but it still stinks to give up a conference home game.

Comment

Maybe Madison Square Garden will be better since this team still hasn't learned to protect home ice. One step forward, two steps back. Last week, we take five of six points at #1 Penn State, then we come home and get beat 3-1 against Wisconsin. Last week, we moved up in the PairWise, this week, we're going to move back down. This team just doesn't get it. We're going to get ourselves in a position where the only way we get to the NCAA Tournament is to win the BIG Ten Tournament and get the auto bid. That's a lot of pressure to put on ourselves.

Comment

Ya not much to say tonight. We just let things get out of hand early. We more or less outplayed them for the rest of the game, but the lack of scoring is a frustration I get enough of from the Women's team. Don't need to see that at the Schott too. Maybe playing in MSG will perk the guys up a bit. We'll see.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

We had the Badger's goalie down or out of position multiple times but blew the chip shot every time! I wasn't keen with the officiating either when Greenway threw actual punches with gloves off. It's my understanding of the rules that's an AUTOMATIC ejection?
                  What Wisconsin did was take advantage of our sluggishness and when we had the puck they had multiple players converge and we never got the pass to whoever HAD to be open.
                  Larocque gets the lazy/sloppy award tonight for not paying attention and skating slow and casual never noticing the Badger coming up behind him fast to get by him negating the icing.
                  Wisconsin simply put more effort into it and that's how you win!

Comment

If they had tossed Greenway they would have tossed Fiddler (at least I think it was Fiddler) too. He threw a punch after the refs were already breaking them up. They were both lucky.
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Have to win Saturday night to have any chance at a bye in the tournament. For some reason this team just doesn't play well at home.

Comment

Schilkey could POSSIBLY play Saturday but odds are the coaches will want to sit him until next week so he won't aggravate his injury so he'll be optimal for the last stretch of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Schilkey could POSSIBLY play Saturday but odds are the coaches will want to sit him until next week so he won't aggravate his injury so he'll be optimal for the last stretch of the season.
                          If there is any doubt at all he should sit.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            If there is any doubt at all he should sit.
                            I watched the video on ohiostatebuckeyes.com and Coach Rohlik indicated he would not be playing Saturday. I am with you and Hockeybuckeye, we need to sit him if he is still hurting. We cannot afford to play him Saturday, then have him aggravate his injury. We need all hands on deck for the stretch run as we have ground to make up in the standings. We are within striking distance, but we need to string together some wins. This on-again, off-again crap isn't going to get it done. This team badly needs to develop some consistency. Rohlik has been saying it all season, but for whatever reason, the message just isn't getting through. The talent is there and this is not a young team, so the young team excuse that everyone used last season doesn't fly this season. If this program is serious about getting to the next level (NCAA Tournament appearance), it's time to put up or shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              I watched the video on ohiostatebuckeyes.com and Coach Rohlik indicated he would not be playing Saturday. I am with you and Hockeybuckeye, we need to sit him if he is still hurting. We cannot afford to play him Saturday, then have him aggravate his injury. We need all hands on deck for the stretch run as we have ground to make up in the standings. We are within striking distance, but we need to string together some wins. This on-again, off-again crap isn't going to get it done. This team badly needs to develop some consistency. Rohlik has been saying it all season, but for whatever reason, the message just isn't getting through. The talent is there and this is not a young team, so the young team excuse that everyone used last season doesn't fly this season. If this program is serious about getting to the next level (NCAA Tournament appearance), it's time to put up or shut up.
                              I am with you all the way. The next 5 games are going to tell us if they are in the race or not. Wisconsin on Saturday then the 2 in AA and then Minnesota at home. That's 15 points they can get. I am a believer this team is different than the past but consistency has to come now.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                This team badly needs to develop some consistency.
                                This is the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                                X