Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

He is also a local kid so we may be hearing more about it here than anywhere else. "Local kid makes good" story sells well in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I know the rules have changed through the years. Can Vesey sign a "one-way" contract, meaning he gets his NHL salary even if sent down? Are rookies still able to sign one-way deals? I feel like I haven't heard that term as much lately, so I don't know if they are still an option.
      http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

ENTRY LEVEL PLAYERS

How much can Entry Level players make?

Entry Level players will be subject to a maximum annual salary (plus signing and games played bonuses) of $850,000 for 2005 and 2006 draftees; $875,000 for 2007 and 2008 draftees; $900,000 for 2009 and 2010; and $925,000 for 2011 draftees.
      The maximum combined signing bonus will be limited to 10% of the player's maximum annual compensation in any year.

Entry Level players may negotiate for performance bonuses up to a maximum of $850,000 in individual "Schedule A" bonuses per year (maximum of $212,500 per bonus). A player may also be eligible to earn individual "B" bonuses for League-wide excellence, which will, as a general matter, be paid by the League. In addition, a player will be eligible to negotiate with his club "excess" individual "B" bonuses, subject to a maximum aggregate of $2 million in any year.

How long will a player be in the Entry Level system?
      Players who sign their first contract at age 18-21 are required to sign three-year Entry Level contracts; players age 22-23 will be required to sign two-year deals; and players age 24 will be required to sign a one-year Entry Level contract.
      How much can unsigned players from the 2003 and 2004 Entry Drafts contract for?

Clubs may sign 2004 draftees to a maximum salary of $984,200 and 2003 draftees to a maximum salary of $942,400. These salaries are based on a 24% rollback to the maximum salary under the previous CBA for the players' respective draft years. Additionally, draftees from prior years may negotiate for a signing bonus not to exceed 30% of his maximum annual compensation. Performance bonuses may be negotiated as per new CBA rules.

My understanding is that as a 2012 draft pick and a '93 birthdate, as a UFA, Vesey can sign a 2-year/1-way contact at $925K/year, pre-bonuses described in the 2nd paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

My understanding is that as a 2012 draft pick and a '93 birthdate, as a UFA, Vesey can sign a 2-year/1-way contact at $925K/year, pre-bonuses described in the 2nd paragraph.
        That was the previous CBA. The current CBA appears to cover Vesey's UFA status in Article 9.3 (d):

(d) Draft-related Unrestricted Free Agents will be subject to the maximum annual aggregate compensation limits set forth in this Section 9.3 applicable in the Entry Draft year immediately preceding the date on which the Player signs his Entry Level SPC. Such a Player will be subject to all of the other terms and provisions of this Article 9, including without limitation, the terms of Exhibit 5 and the maximum annual Signing Bonus for a draft-related Unrestricted Free Agent will be limited to 10% of the Player's compensation in any League Year.

As such he then is subject to Article 9.4:

9.4 Minor League Compensation. Each SPC entered into with a Rookie in the Entry Level System shall automatically be deemed to be a "two way" SPC with a minor league salary equal
        to the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary set forth in such SPC or, if no minor league salary is set forth, the greater of (i) $35,000 and (ii) the minimum minor league salary provided for Players in
        the Minors; provided, however, in no event may such an SPC provide for minor league compensation, including any bonuses for games played, greater than the amount indicated on the following chart:
        2005 US$ 62,500
        2006 US$ 62,500
        2007 US$ 65,000
        2008 US$ 65,000
        2009 US$ 67,500
        2010 US$ 67,500
        2011 - 2022 US$ 70,000

I'm no expert, but I believe Vesey is considered a rookie who will be signed under the Entry Level System.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          That was the previous CBA. The current CBA appears to cover Vesey's UFA status in Article 9.3 (d):

(d) Draft-related Unrestricted Free Agents will be subject to the maximum annual aggregate compensation limits set forth in this Section 9.3 applicable in the Entry Draft year immediately preceding the date on which the Player signs his Entry Level SPC. Such a Player will be subject to all of the other terms and provisions of this Article 9, including without limitation, the terms of Exhibit 5 and the maximum annual Signing Bonus for a draft-related Unrestricted Free Agent will be limited to 10% of the Player's compensation in any League Year.

As such he then is subject to Article 9.4:

9.4 Minor League Compensation. Each SPC entered into with a Rookie in the Entry Level System shall automatically be deemed to be a "two way" SPC with a minor league salary equal
          to the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary set forth in such SPC or, if no minor league salary is set forth, the greater of (i) $35,000 and (ii) the minimum minor league salary provided for Players in
          the Minors; provided, however, in no event may such an SPC provide for minor league compensation, including any bonuses for games played, greater than the amount indicated on the following chart:
          2005 US$ 62,500
          2006 US$ 62,500
          2007 US$ 65,000
          2008 US$ 65,000
          2009 US$ 67,500
          2010 US$ 67,500
          2011 - 2022 US$ 70,000

I'm no expert, but I believe Vesey is considered a rookie who will be signed under the Entry Level System.

Sean
          This is correct and all entry level contracts are 2-way. Players will not have to pass waivers and freely be send up or down.
          Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

Interesting article on Jack Parker's late found fear of heights:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...low%3Afacebook

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Interesting article on Jack Parker's late found fear of heights:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...low%3Afacebook
              That's fear of "The Heights"! ;-)
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So, what day is move-in day this year? I'm guessing it's this weekend... hopefully Keller will be present.
                  Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

He's been on campus since early July.

Comment

Originally posted by wysi View Post
                      So, what day is move-in day this year? I'm guessing it's this weekend... hopefully Keller will be present.
                      All incoming freshmen were at BU for Summer Session 2 (5 July – 12 August)

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!
                        So glad you're not dead yet!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                          You, Mookie knows ain't dying
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            He's been on campus since early July.
                            Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            All incoming freshmen were at BU for Summer Session 2 (5 July – 12 August)

Sean
                            Excellent, thanks! I found out from the Housing page that move in day (for regular students, not hockey players) is not until the 4th this year.
                            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              So glad you're not dead yet!!!
                              Me too.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                Not bad. Not bad at all.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X