Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University off-season thread (preparing for 16/17).

Local article on incoming recruit Kieffer Bellows, heading into the NHL draft on Friday.

Just like his dad, Kieffer Bellows can score
    http://www.startribune.com/just-like...ore/383887431/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

From McKeen's draft profile of Clayton Keller.

"He was quite dynamic," said one western conference scout. "His hands and vision are in Patrick Kane's stratosphere. The only thing keeping him from the top-five discussion is his size."

"You sometimes wonder if he has an extra set of eyeballs," said one scout. "He set up a lot of goals with passes you don't see from most NHLers. He will be productive at the next level with his skill set."
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ft_preview.php

#EmbarrassmentOfRiches
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

The BU publicity is off the charts right now. Hope it translates to wins.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            The BU publicity is off the charts right now. Hope it translates to wins.
            I heard his interview on NHL radio (XM) a little while ago. Relatively brief, talked about the advantages of college hockey in terms of preparing for the NHL, talked in detail about McAvoy's progression and briefly touched on the recruits (listed some of the others that aren't getting all the press).
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

What are the odds that Bob McKenzie brings up the Spitfires before BU when Keller gets picked, despite Clayton's 99% comment? Or at least in the same breath....

Ever since the completely false report about Eichel leaving for the Q after the WJC's I have had a bit of an issue with him (I doubt he falsified the report, but he should have dug a little deeper before going public with something that turned out to have no basis in fact at all).

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                What are the odds that Bob McKenzie brings up the Spitfires before BU when Keller gets picked, despite Clayton's 99% comment? Or at least in the same breath....

Ever since the completely false report about Eichel leaving for the Q after the WJC's I have had a bit of an issue with him (I doubt he falsified the report, but he should have dug a little deeper before going public with something that turned out to have no basis in fact at all).
                Was it McKenzie that reported Eichel to the Q? I thought it was some random newspaper guy in Canada.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Also, I enjoyed the tweet that showed the list of prior BU draftees (from the media guide). Some swings and misses on that list, just shows how challenging projecting talent can be. Of course, many of them were back in the day of 12 rounds (versus 7 now).

Bryan Lafort
                  John Preston
                  Stephen Foster
                  Andrew Glass
                  Brett Bennett
                  Scott Perry

Not all were bad players for BU, just not really NHL material. I know Jeff Kealty was a a big miss being a first-rounder, but good to see him stick with the NHL in other capacities for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    Was it McKenzie that reported Eichel to the Q? I thought it was some random newspaper guy in Canada.
                    I thought McKenzie's name was on it in some fashion, possibly passing on the report without verifying. Or maybe I am confusing the WJC situation with some of the concerning reports before the start of the season. If I am wrong, I take it back....

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      I thought McKenzie's name was on it in some fashion, possibly passing on the report without verifying. Or maybe I am confusing the WJC situation with some of the concerning reports before the start of the season. If I am wrong, I take it back....
                      Could've been reported in different fashions by both. I know there was a reporter from Saint John who'd been harping for weeks that Eichel would sign and said it was basically a done deal.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Coyotes hate college players

Comment

McAvoy just went #14 to the Bruins.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

4 of top 19
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• great night for you guys.. not to mention lots of good pr.
                              nice job dq.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

First round wrap-up with articles and video interviews with draftees and Quinn. SI.com story is a particularly good one.
                                http://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/20...-rounders.html
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X