Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU Spartans Offseason

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Has anyone heard of any updates concerning the re-modeling of Munn?
    The main project has been stalled for at least two years now. It's still on the Spartan Fund website, but you have to dig for it.

The less-expensive aspects of the project have been completed: The new seats, scoreboards, lighting and video boards. The rest hasn't been touched.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      I admire your optimism.

We lost a bunch of key players over the offseason and I'm not as high on the incoming freshmen. I'm bracing for something near 30 losses.
      After looking at the schedule and doing a little research, I am not quite as optimistic. Most of our opponents, who were already better than us, lose less from last season(with the exception of NoDak but I doubt it will matter how much they lose or retain) LSSU returns almost everyone and so does NE after one of the most impressive 2nd half turnarounds anyone has seen.

I could see us having anywhere from 1-5 wins come December and I think 5 isn't very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
        After looking at the schedule and doing a little research, I am not quite as optimistic. Most of our opponents, who were already better than us, lose less from last season(with the exception of NoDak but I doubt it will matter how much they lose or retain) LSSU returns almost everyone and so does NE after one of the most impressive 2nd half turnarounds anyone has seen.

I could see us having anywhere from 1-5 wins come December and I think 5 isn't very likely.
        That's ok. The nine year plan still has four years left for turnaround.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          That's ok. The nine year plan still has four years left for turnaround.
          Soon to be the eleven year. Thirteen year. Fifteen then even seventeen year plan. If Hollis continues to give in.

Comment

We'll see if the spin doctoring changes at all very soon. 3 sources have confirmed that MSU assistant AD/SID John Lewandowski has been fired by the university. He wasn't the day-to-day guy with hockey but this signals a definite change in course from a PR standpoint.

Comment

I just saw that the Allen Americans (a Team in the SJ. Sharks system) won the Kelly Cup 4-2 over Wheeling last night with a first year Professional Goalie named Jake Hildebrand. Congrats Jake! Glad you have had some success over the last four years!

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                We'll see if the spin doctoring changes at all very soon. 3 sources have confirmed that MSU assistant AD/SID John Lewandowski has been fired by the university. He wasn't the day-to-day guy with hockey but this signals a definite change in course from a PR standpoint.
                Where have you seen that JJM?

Comment

Where have you seen that JJM?
                  No printed confirmation anywhere yet, the university is trying to keep it as quiet as possible. But I've spoken to those 3 independent sources who have all confirmed it, and also found out from someone in the AC office that the locks have all been changed as well. I would be willing to bet that the next person in the job will have a tie to Fox Sports, who just signed on as the marketing partner for the department this spring.

Comment

No printed confirmation anywhere yet, the university is trying to keep it as quiet as possible. But I've spoken to those 3 independent sources who have all confirmed it, and also found out from someone in the AC office that the locks have all been changed as well. I would be willing to bet that the next person in the job will have a tie to Fox Sports, who just signed on as the marketing partner for the department this spring.
                    Reason to keep it quiet? I believe as a public institution they have to post the job opening. Could be wrong there not fully sure.

Comment

I just saw that the Allen Americans (a Team in the SJ. Sharks system) won the Kelly Cup 4-2 over Wheeling last night with a first year Professional Goalie named Jake Hildebrand. Congrats Jake! Glad you have had some success over the last four years!
                      So with some sense of serendipity, does this mean that the Sharks come back and defeat Pittsburgh in 7?

Comment

So, how exactly does this affect the hockey program? Would we be seeing a different approach to how MSU markets the team?

They can start by bringing back the MSU Shadows stick salute.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Reason to keep it quiet? I believe as a public institution they have to post the job opening. Could be wrong there not fully sure.
                          The rub on that is whether or not they replace someone in the position. As of this morning there is no posting, but the standard time to release those is 1pm on Wednesday.

They have to know they avoid an announcement forever, and it's becoming the worst kept secret on campus quickly.

Comment

Ron Mason, according to (Mi Hockey Magazine) Michael Caples' Twitter Feed, passed away over night. I am attempting to find anything independent of this. And I hadn't heard he was ill in any way.
                            Last edited by owslachief; 06-13-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Confirmed through numerous sources. Family members have confirmed he had a heart attack at around 2am.
                              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 06-13-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Good news or bad news???

@INCH: Via @LSJsports, MSU Board of Regents votes Wed on a contract extension for hockey coach Tom Anastos thru 2019-20 | http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/s...dium/85885940/
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X