Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I love how you moron always try and say "prove it by giving me your name". Sorry but I'm not as dumb as you.
    You do appear dumb enough to not know how to pluralize "moron" since you've done it in two consecutive posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      If it will annoy you, I might keep coming back...
      And if you do that, the terrorists win.

If you guys haven't noticed, probably half of the posts in this thread are from people trying to argue with umich. That, after most of a season of us posting to this thread.

Keep it up, and we may reach 1000 for the first time.
      Last edited by alfablue; 04-16-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Yeah, I noticed the rest of you have been pretty quiet. Been ignoring him for awhile now?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          You do appear dumb enough to not know how to pluralize "moron" since you've done it in two consecutive posts.
          I absolutely love internet trolls.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

If you guys haven't noticed, probably half of the posts in this thread are from people trying to argue with umich. That, after most of a season of us posting to this thread.

We came close years ago when we were good. Now it's pointless. How many ways can you say "We suck" or "When is Mel coming back?"
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

I have no doubt. He's the new Pink Pony. Heck he might be right, who knows.?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'll be glad when Mel says that he's going to Michigan. Then all of these moron will stop coming here.
                I have no doubt that Mel's already packing and have the movers waiting. But I'm an LSSU guy that likes NMU as well, so that's good news. Maybe he can rebuild one of the worst teams in the soon to be Big 7 like he did in the WCHA. Lots of respect for what he's accomplished at Tech. But there's the difference. It's actually very sportsmanlike to respect a rival. Your Michigan arrogance is far beyond what a team that finished 5th out of six deserves. Basically, you' were the LSSU of the Big 6.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                  I have no doubt that Mel's already packing and have the movers waiting. But I'm an LSSU guy that likes NMU as well, so that's good news. Maybe he can rebuild one of the worst teams in the soon to be Big 7 like he did in the WCHA. Lots of respect for what he's accomplished at Tech. But there's the difference. It's actually very sportsmanlike to respect a rival. Your Michigan arrogance is far beyond what a team that finished 5th out of six deserves. Basically, you' were the LSSU of the Big 6.
                  Putting so many underclassmen in the NHL in 2 years will do that to a program. That short period of time leaves us very little time to restock.

What I don't understand is why you want to see someone stuck at the same lower level? Do you not want to see someone succeed, especially an Alumnus?

As for your statement, what? You're an LSSU guy, that's great. You like Northern as well, yippee. What does any of that have to do with Tech?

Comment

Putting so many underclassmen in the NHL in 2 years will do that to a program. That short period of time leaves us very little time to restock.

What I don't understand is why you want to see someone stuck at the same lower level? Do you not want to see someone succeed, especially an Alumnus?

As for your statement, what? You're an LSSU guy, that's great. You like Northern as well, yippee. What does any of that have to do with Tech?
                    Ok, I'll type this slow because I know you don't read too fast. If Tech loses a great coach, that will weaken their program. Their are two biggest rivals are the other two schools from Upper Michigan, NMU and LSSU. throw Melvin a big welcome to Ann Arbor, the Huntsville of the Big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      Ok, I'll type this slow because I know you don't read too fast. If Tech loses a great coach, that will weaken their program. Their are two biggest rivals are the other two schools from Upper Michigan, NMU and LSSU. throw Melvin a big welcome to Ann Arbor, the Huntsville of the Big 10.
                      You have to use analogies that UMICH will understand. Clearly, he doesn't know much about the U.P. teams.
                      UMICH, it's like having Anastos at State. They have a crappy coach, it's good for Michigan (if you like having a chance to beat your rival, not if you'd rather watch good hockey being played). So while Tech has Mel, NMU and LSSU have less of a chance to beat Tech.

Anyway, for being so sure that Mel is going to stay, there are a lot of posts from Tech fans in this thread.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        You have to use analogies that UMICH will understand. Clearly, he doesn't know much about the U.P. teams.
                        UMICH, it's like having Anastos at State. They have a crappy coach, it's good for Michigan (if you like having a chance to beat your rival, not if you'd rather watch good hockey being played). So while Tech has Mel, NMU and LSSU have less of a chance to beat Tech.

Anyway, for being so sure that Mel is going to stay, there are a lot of posts from Tech fans in this thread.
                        Some of are confident...my hope has always been that they'd just decide to go a different (likely younger) direction. Personally I just want this over with, one way or another.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Speaking as someone who has a significant dislike of BC hockey born in no small part due to the behavior of eaglebunny / chris!!!! back in the golden days of this board, I have to say that I find UMICH (or is it UMICH!!!!! ?) an annoying presence on this thread. Alas, most of us Michigan fans are a lot less annoying. The circle of troll, I guess.
                          Jesus Saves

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Some of are confident...my hope has always been that they'd just decide to go a different (likely younger) direction. Personally I just want this over with, one way or another.
                            The UM job was posted last Tuesday, I believe, and has to run at least a week. So they can't even "officially" begin the process until that expires tomorrow. So it will take a bit of time to go through all the mandated HR protocol. Could be a few days, could be a week or more.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              The UM job was posted last Tuesday, I believe, and has to run at least a week. So they can't even "officially" begin the process until that expires tomorrow. So it will take a bit of time to go through all the mandated HR protocol. Could be a few days, could be a week or more.
                              Yes but all the coaches will be down in Florida starting Thursday, and interviews might be held there, but I'm guessing it will be the 10 days after they get back. Then they will either decide or have another round. My guess is the 10th of May we will hear something.
                              And RC, you need to proofread better.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Has to be posted a week before they can fill the position, not officially start the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X