Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Yeah, I meant to say Wilkins and Sergott who were notoriously bad in the CCHA with Aaron right behind them.
    Yeah, you mean the same refs that use to give UM the benefit of the doubt on every whistle, would look the other way when a UM third man in would throw a punch or a late hit? Those same refs that would blow pucks dead in the UM crease early?

UM hockey fans are the most entitled people on the face of the earth.
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      I wouldn't mind MSU to losing out, and getting a rid of TA. Short term pain for long term gain.
      I think your best bet to get rid of TA is to have the football team go 1-11 and have Hollis and Dantonio get fired because the only way Hollis is getting fired is if the football team is beyond awful, and TA's not getting fired by Hollis. I like Dantonio so I wouldn't want him to have to go 1-11 to get Hollis fired, but TA isn't getting fired unless Hollis gets fired, so...
      Last edited by Dirty Dream No. 2; 02-12-2017, 02:53 PM.
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Saturday hurt to watch. I've already accepted this season as a building year with 11 freshman. I know we won't make the post-season. I find it laughable that the B1G hockey tourney will be giving a farewell to the Joe with a bunch of empty seats (as I expect both the Wolverines and the Spartans to lose in the first round). Even with my lowered expectations, Saturday was awful.

The team I saw last Friday against tOSU, where did they go? That was some of the best hockey I had seen this team play all season. They were winning the battles, faceoffs, putting in the effort.

The team heads to Madison this weekend. If they play like they did against Ohio, a split is possible. If they play like they did last game, I'll turn the tv off after the first period.

Also...anyone know what happened to Kile? I hadn't heard any injury report, but noticed he hasn't been playing.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

The only think I've noticed about Kile absence is that Sam Piazza has been promoted to Assistant captain. Other than that, other people we talk to have no idea what is going on.

Comment

Is Mel the guy to replace Red?
            "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
              Is Mel the guy to replace Red?
              Unknown at this point. Coach still hasn't said that he's done but the writing's on the wall. That being said if he wants to come back next year Michigan will keep him. IMHO he won't want to, I could be wrong though. Mel coming back to Michigan is also unknown. Will he want to? He's got it pretty good at Tech but as Brady Hoke said, "This is Michigan". Mel knows what it is like here, he knows of the potential Michigan has due to things that Tech can never provide. Mel will always be in Coach Berenson's shadow though. I honestly don't know.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

BTW wT, it looks like you have joined me on the banned from starting Michigan Hockey season threads. I started 2010 and wow that was ugly. It did wrap up pretty cool with the unlikely CCHA Tournament run, sweeping sparty at their dump, and we even won a NCAA tourny game before getting screwed in the Miami game (but I'm not bitter though). I think that it's pretty safe to say that this year is worse than 2010 and unfortunately it will stay that way barring some excellent play in the conference tourny.
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  BTW wT, it looks like you have joined me on the banned from starting Michigan Hockey season threads. I started 2010 and wow that was ugly. It did wrap up pretty cool with the unlikely CCHA Tournament run, sweeping sparty at their dump, and we even won a NCAA tourny game before getting screwed in the Miami game (but I'm not bitter though). I think that it's pretty safe to say that this year is worse than 2010 and unfortunately it will stay that way barring some excellent play in the conference tourny.
                  So I apologize for my prying, but what # incarnation are you since your original handle?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Unknown at this point. Coach still hasn't said that he's done but the writing's on the wall. That being said if he wants to come back next year Michigan will keep him. IMHO he won't want to, I could be wrong though. Mel coming back to Michigan is also unknown. Will he want to? He's got it pretty good at Tech but as Brady Hoke said, "This is Michigan". Mel knows what it is like here, he knows of the potential Michigan has due to things that Tech can never provide. Mel will always be in Coach Berenson's shadow though. I honestly don't know.
                    It won't be Mel. Best bets right now are between two guys - if they stay in house it's Wiseman, if they go off the current coaching staff I say it's Bill Muckalt.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      So I apologize for my prying, but what # incarnation are you since your original handle?
                      2 or 3, but I changed because I forgot passwords. The names as you noticed aren't too drastically different (I'm not trying to hide).

Comment

Daily Article on the dumpster fire that is 2016-17 Michigan Hockey...

https://www.michigandaily.com/node/2...e+Daily+Digest

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                          I think your best bet to get rid of TA is to have the football team go 1-11 and have Hollis and Dantonio get fired because the only way Hollis is getting fired is if the football team is beyond awful, and TA's not getting fired by Hollis. I like Dantonio so I wouldn't want him to have to go 1-11 to get Hollis fired, but TA isn't getting fired unless Hollis gets fired, so...
                          Well, with all that's come to light the last week or two, Hollis may indeed be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            It won't be Mel. Best bets right now are between two guys - if they stay in house it's Wiseman, if they go off the current coaching staff I say it's Bill Muckalt.
                            Why don't you think it will be Mel? I don't know if it's true but I've been told he still owns a house in AA.

Plus while he's done a great job building a program at Tech, he can win championships at UM.
                            Let's Go Bobcats!
                            Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by QU/UM View Post
                              Why don't you think it will be Mel?
                              Pretty sure, John J. MacInnes is a Tech fan. His name comes from a former Michigan Tech coach, who happens to have a rink and trophy named after him.

But that is just a guess....
                              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

And that is why Zach still gets to play.

The team did a pretty good job working with what they have tonight. Still made mistakes, but limited the consequences of them.

Hope they can keep playing better.

Comment

Working...
                                X