North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

New head coach - check. New assistant coach - check. Untested goalie - check. Eleven rookies - check. National championship number 8 - check. This year I can wait for October.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Re: North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

Any news on other possible early departures? Man if Schmaltz comes back a line of him, Boeser, and Jost would be fun to watch.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It was definitely an outstanding year, very high win %, regular season NCHC championship, all capped by #8. What is Berry going to do for an encore?
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        It was definitely an outstanding year, very high win %, regular season NCHC championship, all capped by #8. What is Berry going to do for an encore?
        Just repeat.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Any news on other possible early departures? Man if Schmaltz comes back a line of him, Boeser, and Jost would be fun to watch.
          There is talk of LJ leaving. I don't think he is ready for the NHL. I see him in the same vein as Gregoire and Hextall - left early but should have stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            There is talk of LJ leaving. I don't think he is ready for the NHL. I see him in the same vein as Gregoire and Hextall - left early but should have stayed.
            Luke J was not a very good player the first half of the year IMHO. While he certainly turned it on in the second half, he still has a lot to prove at the D1 level, let alone the pros...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              Luke J was not a very good player the first half of the year IMHO. While he certainly turned it on in the second half, he still has a lot to prove at the D1 level, let alone the pros...
              I agree, talk of him jumping is just plain crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                Easy for a young kid to forget that though. Hopefully he decides to come back, as I think he would be a real asset to the team and he would be much better prepared with another year of college under his belt.

There was a real rash of signings as the various team's seasons came to an end, but it seems to have tailed off a bit now. While I know there is still plenty of time for guys to sign, I'm cautiously optimistic that the fact more of our underclassmen didn't sign in the first few days after #8 is a good sign.
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  New head coach - check. New assistant coach - check. Untested goalie - check. Eleven rookies - check. National championship number 8 - check. This year I can wait for October.
                  Younger than gophers - check. Reminder to Happy - check.
                  Last edited by burd; 04-19-2016, 05:56 AM.

Comment

How is the Johnson kid? Felt badly for him. Big part of their success and gets taken out by a teammate.

Comment

We know that the Big Team is stacked but then so is Rockford. Schmaltz, himself, has to be asking where he's going to crowbar himself in.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                        Agree...if there is no room at the inn for Schmaltz not sure even the manger is available for Johnson.

Comment

Great news. Ausmus returning for his senior year. Would of bet money he would leave. Glad I didn't and happy he's back.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Younger that gophers - check. Reminder to Happy - check.
                            Oops, missed those.

Great news. Ausmus returning for his senior year. Would of bet money he would leave. Glad I didn't and happy he's back.
                            Boeser coming back is huge. Lots of talk of a Boeser, Schmaltz and Jost line. If so, that could be a better line than CBS!

Comment

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-ausmus-return
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                              X