X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM 2016 Off-Season Thread

New thread for the off season.

Re: UVM 2016 Off-Season Thread

Strange how this season went, in the past a team with the record VT had would probably been blown-out alot. However
    Vt was pretty much in every game. If you look at the final four you got North Dakota and BC who Vermont played a combined
    7 times this year. Granted they only won one game but of those 6 loses 4 were by 2 goals or less(not counting ENG) and the other
    two games they lost by 3.

Did the early schedule of doom hurt the Cats mentally? A few easier teams in those first few weeks might have made this team
    be a .500 team at least but in the long run they were a team high on effort short on talent.

Do we lose alot? No
    Are the incoming players supposed to be good? Who knows I gave up judging these kids
    until we see them against D1 teams.

Seems like this is the same place we have been looking forward for several years.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      Did the early schedule of doom hurt the Cats mentally? A few easier teams in those first few weeks might have made this team be a .500 team at least but in the long run they were a team high on effort short on talent.
      UVM @ Omaha Oct. 21 & 22

http://www.omavs.com/SportSelect.dbm...&Q_SEASON=2016

Comment

Article on UVM recruit Ross Colton. Colton finished second in the USHL in scoring with 66 points (35-31-66).

Interesting comment from the article:

Colton has signed with the University of Vermont but said his future beyond this season is in the air, not wishing to go into details. It’s difficult to imagine him returning to Cedar Rapids next season but there appears to be that chance.
        From Twitter, sounds like some possible bad news for the Catamounts.

Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
        @cthockey1314 Ross wants out of his LOI. Vermont said no. He has appealed to the NCAA
        Last edited by boblav1; 04-15-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Article on UVM recruit Ross Colton. Colton finished second in the USHL in scoring with 66 points (35-31-66).

Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
          @cthockey1314 Ross wants out of his LOI. Vermont said no. He has appealed to the NCAA
          Yeah, that's not good. Vermont's in a tough spot, hard to get top tier recruits, and then when you do they don't want to come play. This program needs some consistency ... and someone that can coach offense.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20
            Really??? The kid's stock has probably gone way up with his good play and he believes, correctly I would assume, that he can play at an elite school such as North Dakota or the like. Combine that with UVM's crappy season last year and he figures he'd be better off somewhere else. I know he's only 19 years old, but whatever happened to remaining true to your word. UVM once took a chance on him, now he needs to take a chance on UVM. Glad they're not letting him out of the LOI!

Comment

Posted in your other thread but nobody responded, anyone know anything about a Clarkson UVM home and home?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Really??? The kid's stock has probably gone way up with his good play and he believes, correctly I would assume, that he can play at an elite school such as North Dakota or the like. Combine that with UVM's crappy season last year and he figures he'd be better off somewhere else. I know he's only 19 years old, but whatever happened to remaining true to your word. UVM once took a chance on him, now he needs to take a chance on UVM. Glad they're not letting him out of the LOI!
                If you were a talented goal scoring forward or great skating offensive defensemen why would you ever consider UVM with Sneddons style of play? I don't blame the kid at all for being concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                  If you were a talented goal scoring forward or great skating offensive defensemen why would you ever consider UVM with Sneddons style of play? I don't blame the kid at all for being concerned.
                  Still if I was that talented, I would prefer being the big man on campus compared to the small fish at a place like BC

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                    Posted in your other thread but nobody responded, anyone know anything about a Clarkson UVM home and home?
                    Apparently not... UVM releases their schedule extremely late typically. I wouldn't be surprised, with so many OOC games now I'm sure they'd prefer to play 2 against clarkson and eliminate the non-conference games against UMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                      Still if I was that talented, I would prefer being the big man on campus compared to the small fish at a place like BC
                      I'd prefer to play where I'll get noticed and develop, which BC or NoDak holds a distinct advantage over UVM in that case. That said personally I'd keep my word. Character and Integrity still mean something too.

Comment

No one is forcing anyone to sign a LOI, when you do you make a commitment to a school and they make one to you.
                        So I am glad UVM isnt just rolling over on this. Same as pro teams that dont give in to players who hold out when they have a
                        big year and want a raise when we know if they had a crappy year they wouldnt be giving any money back.

And going to a bigger program doesnt mean you will have a better chance to improve. Going to a big school and playing 3rd line instead
                        of playing first line at a mid level team doesnt sound better to me.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

A new recruit for 2019 according to the Heisenberg site. Defenseman Conner Hutchison ('00) who plays for Selects Hockey Academy 16U.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=348489

‏@conner_hutch
                          Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of Vermont. Thanks to family, friends, and coaches #UVM
                          Last edited by boblav1; 04-18-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            I'd prefer to play where I'll get noticed and develop, which BC or NoDak holds a distinct advantage over UVM in that case. That said personally I'd keep my word. Character and Integrity still mean something too.
                            Agree. I would suggest he make good on his contract. Though many coaches do not either.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

Agreed. I would keep my word too. The problem is that the coaching staffs today don't thus the revolving door of players.

Comment

Working...
                              X