PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to UND for #8

Pages : [1] 2 3

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-09-2016, 09:24 PM
I have about ten minutes to get over the Boeser and Schmaltz recruiting faux pas so I can (somehow) enjoy this vicariously.

I'd say that the Sioux fans deserve this, but I must not tell lies. ;P

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-09-2016, 09:37 PM
This appears to have had the wrong effect

The Zlax45
04-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Be epic if they collapse here

The Rube
04-09-2016, 09:40 PM
UND won. Handily. So be it, and congrats to them.

walrus
04-09-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm sure happy will be in here later congratulating the Sioux

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Absolutely a top notch performance tonight. Every element of it.

MadTownSioux
04-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Absolutely a top notch performance tonight. Every element of it.

still trying to jinx my Fighting Hawks???

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-09-2016, 09:50 PM
still trying to jinx my Fighting Hawks???

That was sincere.

I mean, I'd take a jinx, but it's too late.

Rabid Gopher
04-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Well might as well make a ****ty day even ****tier.
Wild are perfectly set up to be destroyed by their former franchise and the Sue win #8.
Congrats, I guess. The hatred will just grow stronger.

hockeykrazy
04-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Congrats North Dakota, they brought their best tonight! Great game!

Buckeye22
04-09-2016, 10:00 PM
So the "Sioux forever" chant I heard near the end there and Caggiula saying "Fighting Sioux all the way" to a loud ovation in the post-game interview might indicate otherwise, but any chance this will help UND fans accept the Fighting Hawks name? Its a positive part of the history now.

Anyway, congrats to North Dakota. You guys deserved it. The CBS line gets most of the attention, but that was one of the most well rounded teams I've seen in a while.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-09-2016, 10:10 PM
So the "Sioux forever" chant I heard near the end there and Caggiula saying "Fighting Sioux all the way" to a loud ovation in the post-game interview might indicate otherwise, but any chance this will help UND fans accept the Fighting Hawks name? Its a positive part of the history now.

The only way it's accepted is when all the current Sioux fans die off and if they forget to indoctrinate their children.

So, depending on how bad fumes and pollution are from fracking, it might take a few decades, otherwise it'll never happen.

tape
04-10-2016, 09:25 AM
The only way it's accepted is when all the current Sioux fans die off and if they forget to indoctrinate their children.

So, depending on how bad fumes and pollution are from fracking, it might take a few decades, otherwise it'll never happen.

Keep in mind that the university announced the new name during this season. It hasn't even been five whole months yet.

I think it'll take longer than it has for other schools' fan bases/alums to adjust because hoo boy are North Dakota fans being salty and stubborn about it, but eventually people will stop giving a crap and move on with their lives.

Also I think once they actually have a new jersey that doesn't just say "North Dakota" on it, and they get some logos and other visual identity, that'll make stuff happen quicker - especially with incoming students. I actually think announcing it the way they did in the middle of the hockey season with nothing to actually roll out may have made the transition that much harder.

Cross Check
04-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Congrats. Heck of a performance.

chickod
04-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Keep in mind that the university announced the new name during hoo boy are North Dakota fans being <b>salty and stubborn</b> about it

Why is it "salty and stubborn?" Because the elitists decide that it's politically correct to pander to another "group" so they can solidify votes for another voting bloc? How come it's ok to say "Young Turks" or "Fighting Irish?"

I'm not a North Dakota fan, but if I want to call them "Sioux" I'll do whatever I dam* please and neither you nor anyone else will be able to prevent it.

riverchief1
04-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Good job ND. That Q team beat two pretty good teams in Lowell and BC to get to that game and you made Q look silly.

captain beefheart
04-10-2016, 11:43 AM
8>5 Congratulations on a great season.:)

The Rube
04-10-2016, 11:46 AM
8>5 Congratulations on a great season.:)

You know you didn't play MN last night, right?

/obsession

Dirty
04-10-2016, 11:54 AM

/obsession

First you get mad that UND fans tried to teach you basic math. Now you're mad that a Gopher fan tried to teach you basic math. Just stop fighting it and try to learn.

burd
04-10-2016, 11:56 AM

UND wanted to play MN, but they were nowhere to be found in this tournament, even at the bottom seeds. A couple of their richer cousins were, but not MN.