Congrats to UND for #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to UND for #8

I have about ten minutes to get over the Boeser and Schmaltz recruiting faux pas so I can (somehow) enjoy this vicariously.

I'd say that the Sioux fans deserve this, but I must not tell lies. ;P
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Re: Congrats to UND for #8

This appears to have had the wrong effect

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Be epic if they collapse here
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

UND won. Handily. So be it, and congrats to them.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm sure happy will be in here later congratulating the Sioux
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Absolutely a top notch performance tonight. Every element of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Absolutely a top notch performance tonight. Every element of it.
              still trying to jinx my Fighting Hawks???
              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                still trying to jinx my Fighting Hawks???
                That was sincere.

I mean, I'd take a jinx, but it's too late.

Comment

Well might as well make a ****ty day even ****tier.
                  Wild are perfectly set up to be destroyed by their former franchise and the Sue win #8.
                  Congrats, I guess. The hatred will just grow stronger.
                  National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Congrats North Dakota, they brought their best tonight! Great game!

Comment

So the "Sioux forever" chant I heard near the end there and Caggiula saying "Fighting Sioux all the way" to a loud ovation in the post-game interview might indicate otherwise, but any chance this will help UND fans accept the Fighting Hawks name? Its a positive part of the history now.

Anyway, congrats to North Dakota. You guys deserved it. The CBS line gets most of the attention, but that was one of the most well rounded teams I've seen in a while.
                      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                        So the "Sioux forever" chant I heard near the end there and Caggiula saying "Fighting Sioux all the way" to a loud ovation in the post-game interview might indicate otherwise, but any chance this will help UND fans accept the Fighting Hawks name? Its a positive part of the history now.
                        The only way it's accepted is when all the current Sioux fans die off and if they forget to indoctrinate their children.

So, depending on how bad fumes and pollution are from fracking, it might take a few decades, otherwise it'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          The only way it's accepted is when all the current Sioux fans die off and if they forget to indoctrinate their children.

So, depending on how bad fumes and pollution are from fracking, it might take a few decades, otherwise it'll never happen.
                          Keep in mind that the university announced the new name during this season. It hasn't even been five whole months yet.

I think it'll take longer than it has for other schools' fan bases/alums to adjust because hoo boy are North Dakota fans being salty and stubborn about it, but eventually people will stop giving a crap and move on with their lives.

Also I think once they actually have a new jersey that doesn't just say "North Dakota" on it, and they get some logos and other visual identity, that'll make stuff happen quicker - especially with incoming students. I actually think announcing it the way they did in the middle of the hockey season with nothing to actually roll out may have made the transition that much harder.
                          Last edited by tape; 04-10-2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Congrats. Heck of a performance.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                              Keep in mind that the university announced the new name during hoo boy are North Dakota fans being salty and stubborn about it
                              Why is it "salty and stubborn?" Because the elitists decide that it's politically correct to pander to another "group" so they can solidify votes for another voting bloc? How come it's ok to say "Young Turks" or "Fighting Irish?"

I'm not a North Dakota fan, but if I want to call them "Sioux" I'll do whatever I dam* please and neither you nor anyone else will be able to prevent it.

Comment

Working...
                              X