PDA

View Full Version : All Americans

alfablue
04-08-2016, 09:32 PM
How is it that a Hobey Hat Trick and Mike Richter winner isn't a First Team All American?

I don't get that.

UML Puck Hawk
04-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Different voters

alfablue
04-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Kind of takes the luster off the list

Happy
04-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Different voters

I really like that answer.

UML Puck Hawk
04-08-2016, 10:47 PM

Why?

mookie1995
04-08-2016, 11:06 PM

hobey 3 has never been a big deal, true

The Zlax45
04-08-2016, 11:49 PM
How is it that a Hobey Hat Trick and Mike Richter winner isn't a First Team All American?

I don't get that.

That Richter Award winner had a lesser save percentage, goals against average, and winning percentage than a player in his own conference. Just saying!

Dutchman
04-09-2016, 07:57 AM
The second year in a row for Lyons .... the first team All-American

alfablue
04-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Why?

On one list, a player is in the top 3 of all players. Another he is the best goalie.

And a third, he's second best in the east.

Which is right?

2 of 3 put him the best goalie in the US. Which suggests list three is wrong. So the list is then suspect to me.

theprofromdover
04-09-2016, 08:14 AM
That Richter Award winner had a lesser save percentage, goals against average, and winning percentage than a player in his own conference. Just saying!

Find your butt plug yet?

J.D.
04-09-2016, 08:19 AM

Zlax you said this about SP before demko played in FF and it wasn't true. Do you enjoy being stupid?

The Zlax45
04-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Zlax you said this about SP before demko played in FF and it wasn't true. Do you enjoy being stupid?

Look at the stats...he was beaten in every category by Ellis! Just the facts but again you can't see that through your rose colored glasses!

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oagoalies.php

J.D.
04-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Save percentage is the best stat we have for goalies. Previously you stated Ellis had a better save percentage than Demko...this was before the FF game. At the time, they had the exact same save percentage. You are an idiot.

The Zlax45
04-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Save percentage is the best stat we have for goalies. Previously you stated Ellis had a better save percentage than Demko...this was before the FF game. At the time, they had the exact same save percentage. You are an idiot.

Actually, Ellis was higher when brought it out farther heading into the final four. Thanks for playing since numbers don't lie!

Ellis 970/1036=.93629 save percentage
Demko 1040/1111=.93609 save percentage

The point being both Ellis and Boyle had similar years as Demko and didn't receive half of the recognition that he did.

Demko is the better future pro goalie but if we are going for the best goalie in the nation, he wasn't better than Lyon or even Gahagen in save percentage.

Stats up to the Frozen four are here

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters16.php?target=ALL&conf=on&nonconf=on&playoff=on&ncaa=on&site=all&wins=on&losses=on&ties=on&otgames=all&start=32&end=208&sun=on&mon=on&tue=on&wed=on&thu=on&fri=on&sat=on&limitx=none&limitn=1&limitt=indiv&p1=on&p2=on&p3=on&ot=on&fr=on&so=on&jr=on&sr=on&drafted=on&eligible=on&free=on&stats=goalie&sort=spct

J.D.
04-10-2016, 12:51 AM
Hahaha you really calculated it out past the traditional 3 digits...more power to you toolbag

Ronnieb
04-10-2016, 12:56 AM

I don't get that.

The true morons in all of this are the voters for all American goalie. Demko, best goalie in college hockey. Period

Nick Papagiorgio
04-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Need some consolidation of the entities voting I think so some of this makes sense.

The whole defensemen All-American awards based on points thing is also stupendously dumb.

Ralph Baer
04-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Need some consolidation of the entities voting I think so some of this makes sense.

The whole defensemen All-American awards based on points thing is also stupendously dumb.

I agree, and I am so conditioned to it that it shocks me when it doesn't happen. RPI women's defenseman Josefine Hansen plays on the Danish National team which played in the Women's Div 1A World Championship recently. (That's the second tier tourney, the one below which the US, Canada, et al. play in.) She was named the best defenseman in the 6-team tourney despite not registering a single point in the five games that Denmark played.