• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN sucks

Barry doesn't know hakstol wore the same tie as Berry all the time

Comment

At least you didn't have to leave your house with 17,000 of your neighbors and come back inside to watch the second game.
      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

The funny thing is that many moons ago, Steve Levy actually used to call NHL games on ESPN. I find it funny that they have him show up on the college hockey panel since he clearly seems rusty considering he hardly is involved with hockey anymore.

Buccigross, however, I always relish the opportunity to hear on the television.

Comment

So Buccigross complains about QU first goal which was a delayed offsides...it was correctly called according to the rule book on page 76

http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/IH16.pdf
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            For how long have you been employed by ESPN and/or Disney or one of its subsidiaries? Most of ESPN's people don't even bother getting pronunciation guides from the teams, or if they do, they're not making use of them.
            I work in TV, but not at ESPN. Listen, they really do blanket this tournament with coverage. Is the coverage perfect? Of course not. But it's better than just about every other national NCAA tournament except for basketball and football. They do more in the hockey tournament than they do for lacrosse, frankly. Bucci and Melrose are annoying, but the vast majority of the coverage is exemplary.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Would love to see Billy Jaffe be elevated to the color commentator for the FF. Very knowledgeable about college game, doesn't say stupid crap, doesn't sound like an idiot, and would elevate the broadcast team dramatically.
              Jaffe and Starman are both terrific. Would love either of those two to get elevated. It'll never happen, Melrose is their big name, for whatever reason. Guy's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                I work in TV, but not at ESPN. Listen, they really do blanket this tournament with coverage. Is the coverage perfect? Of course not. But it's better than just about every other national NCAA tournament except for basketball and football. They do more in the hockey tournament than they do for lacrosse, frankly. Bucci and Melrose are annoying, but the vast majority of the coverage is exemplary.
                Lax they use former players as analysts that cover games throughout the year. They have a much better feel of the players to watch in that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Lax they use former players as analysts that cover games throughout the year. They have a much better feel of the players to watch in that sport.
                  Yes, their game coverage is great, but they don't blanket the tournament the way they blanket the hockey tournament. For a regional sport like hockey to get 13 of its 15 games on TV - and the other two a free stream -- you can't ask for much more than that.

Comment

Tough angles there, probably a minor unless refs have a better look

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      Yes, their game coverage is great, but they don't blanket the tournament the way they blanket the hockey tournament. For a regional sport like hockey to get 13 of its 15 games on TV - and the other two a free stream -- you can't ask for much more than that.
                      I think lax gets 15 out of 17 on ESPN U or better

Comment

Why, if they are neutral, are they talking about what the Whouix need to do to win?
                        Moot point now they are on the PK

Comment

Bucci isn't neutral. He's very biased towards the "Power" schools. Always has been.

His "Bucci Top Whatever" Twitter polls during the season just mirror USA Today and USCHO, only he begrudgingly adds the small schools to his list long after they actually get ranked in the polls. Also claimed on Twitter the WCHA isn't worth talking about (I paraphrased).

His schtick of wearing ACHA jerseys on Sportscenter and bragging about those schools being "Cawlidge Hawkey Too!" grinds my gears. Yeah, because supporting the tiny schools like Big Ten Indiana and Big Ten Illinois are really helping promote the game. Until he wears an Aurora University sweater, he can get bent.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Bucci isn't neutral. He's very biased towards the "Power" schools. Always has been.

His "Bucci Top Whatever" Twitter polls during the season just mirror USA Today and USCHO, only he begrudgingly adds the small schools to his list long after they actually get ranked in the polls. Also claimed on Twitter the WCHA isn't worth talking about (I paraphrased).

His schtick of wearing ACHA jerseys on Sportscenter and bragging about those schools being "Cawlidge Hawkey Too!" grinds my gears. Yeah, because supporting the tiny schools like Big Ten Indiana and Big Ten Illinois are really helping promote the game. Until he wears an Aurora University sweater, he can get bent.
                            Love him or hate him, he is the only "true" promoter of college hockey on ESPN. Melrose, Starman, etc...meh, at best. The latter do it because it's their job. I think Bucci really does it because he loves it.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm not buying the big school bias either. Bucci has had plenty good to say about Quinnipiac, Union etc. Sometimes fans only hear what they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I'm not buying the big school bias either. Bucci has had plenty good to say about Quinnipiac, Union etc. Sometimes fans only hear what they want to.
                                He's also shown love to the women's hockey game on occasion.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X