UAA recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    It’s pretty common knowledge that Fairbanks, and North Pole specifically, are dens of right wing conservative nut jobs, so although I agree with your assessment of the two you mention, what do you expect.

What is perplexing is that the south central Anchorage/Mat-Su area (one and the same anymore) is much more enlightened than us, has the representation to carry or defeat any vote in our legislature, yet carried the vote for university cuts. Go figure.
    Because the whole of Railbelt Alaska is full of conservative right wing nut jobs. The only real places that aren't are Juneau, Turnagain, and Mountain View.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: UAA recruits

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      The Legislature put back $25m in the University budget so the way I understand it the loss of funding was cut in half from what it was yesterday.
      The unfortunate thing is the folks up North will vote against their own best interests and re-elect the nasty witch from N.P. and their UA_ "friend" who in addition to voting for the cuts led the charge to put guns on campus.
      But the hockey tourney is still screwed. How many fans from the Anchorage area are going to show up to watch UA_ get whipped by the Gophers? Not many I fear. I wonder if they are going to make cuts in the format of the shoot-out too?
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        But the hockey tourney is still screwed. How many fans from the Anchorage area are going to show up to watch UA_ get whipped by the Gophers? Not many I fear. I wonder if they are going to make cuts in the format of the shoot-out too?
        We will have to see what they do with the Shootout. I was told that 35M was put back in the budget but the University system is still pushing for the Merger of all three campuses.

Comment

Chris Heisenberg listed a new recruit Anchorage born Mason Anderson, 6'2" defenseman, played juniors last year with the Weyburn Red Wings of the SJHA. Good to see another kid from Alaska join the team.
          GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
            Chris Heisenberg listed a new recruit Anchorage born Mason Anderson, 6'2" defenseman, played juniors last year with the Weyburn Red Wings of the SJHA. Good to see another kid from Alaska join the team.
            Agree 110%
            It would be way cool if we could keep all the guys at home.

Comment

Agree 110%
              It would be way cool if we could keep all the guys at home.
              He played in the USHL prior so he has to be fairly solid. Looks like a stay at home defenseman.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They weren't 6 footers the last time I saw them.
                Certainly not Parayko's height.
                To keep as close to 6 feet as possible they will always skate games on new blades.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 06-17-2016, 01:40 AM.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  To keep as close to 6 feet as possible they will always skate games on new blades.
                  If the twins end up being listed as 6ft’ers on your roster then it will be pretty obvious that the same guy who takes player measurements also records your attendance numbers.

Comment

If the twins end up being listed as 6ft’ers on your roster then it will be pretty obvious that the same guy who takes player measurements also records your attendance numbers.
                    That would be your dream job..........taking players measurements. .......
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      That would be your dream job..........taking players measurements. .......
                      Not that there is anything wrong with that...but like you, I am retired. There is no such thing as a "dream job". I'm living the dream.

Comment

Not that there is anything wrong with that...but like you, I am retired. There is no such thing as a "dream job". I'm living the dream.
                        You are still on probation to be retired, I hope you pass like I did.

Comment

Hate to beat a dead horse but yeah: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...91#post6334291
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Even I don't have blinders this big, but props to the coach for sticking to his guns:

http://www.ktva.com/uaa-coach-time-c...le-change-396/
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Congrats to Mantha and Mitchell for the invites to attend NHL training camps this summer.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not really about recruits, but UAA related nonetheless. Great article on Mantha's experience at NHL camp this summer.

http://www.goseawolves.com//ViewArti...CLID=211069057

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X