Demko didn't score enough ;)

FiveHole12
04-09-2016, 10:06 AM
He did have 2 assists. :)

jericho
04-09-2016, 10:56 AM

Or save enough shots against Quinnipiac ;)

defkit
04-09-2016, 11:02 AM
One of my theories on why Eichel won it and Connor didn't is that with Eichel's draft hype (hadn't been drafted yet, was likely going to be top 2) versus Connor already being drafted, it helped push the narrative of someone as good as Eichel opting to play NCAA. I of course felt that Eichel deserved the award, and was frankly pretty surprised to see Vesey win it this year, but that could be one factor why the change in heart on a high scoring freshman.

BC/HE
04-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Congratulations to Jim Vesey, winner and his dad same name. Well deserved honor. As a BC fan I think they gave it to the most outstanding player. Like father like son. Had the father played Division 1 instead of Division 2 Merrimack at the time in the 80's he too may have won the award. The father was one of the most dominant players I have ever seen play as well racking up 33 goals and over 80 points his senior season. He led Merrimack into the NCAA's where they beat Division 1 Northeastern in a 2 game set on total goals. Northeastern was Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament champions that year. Merrimack then went to the quarterfinals and beat Lake Superior in the first game but lost the second and LSSU advanced on total goals to win the NCAA's that year. Amazing that a D2 school actually beat the National champs in the NCAA's that year. Had it been a single elimination quarterfinal like now LSSU would not gone on to win in Lake Placid.

billmich88888
04-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Or save enough shots against Quinnipiac ;)

Vote was before the semi's were played

northeastern
04-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Congratulations to Jim Vesey, winner and his dad same name. Well deserved honor. As a BC fan I think they gave it to the most outstanding player. Like father like son. Had the father played Division 1 instead of Division 2 Merrimack at the time in the 80's he too may have won the award. The father was one of the most dominant players I have ever seen play as well racking up 33 goals and over 80 points his senior season. He led Merrimack into the NCAA's where they beat Division 1 Northeastern in a 2 game set on total goals. Northeastern was Beanpot and Hockey East Tournament champions that year. Merrimack then went to the quarterfinals and beat Lake Superior in the first game but lost the second and LSSU advanced on total goals to win the NCAA's that year. Amazing that a D2 school actually beat the National champs in the NCAA's that year. Had it been a single elimination quarterfinal like now LSSU would not gone on to win in Lake Placid.

..nice points.. great stuff, thanks.

LTsatch
04-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Vesey Sr. received the Division II-III East Hobey Baker Award that season from the Hobey committee. The Division I award went that year to Minnesota goaltender Robb Stauber, but Vesey also received a trophy and to date, this is the closest to father-son recipients that there have been.

Bomber
04-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Eastern Bias!!!!!