Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/26 - Unending Knight or Straight to the Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/26 - Unending Knight or Straight to the Point?

After a tidy win in game 1, we had an emotional rollercoaster in game 2.

Bet the horse (Point) or bet the jockey (SNC)?

See you at 7. Be there. Aloha.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 3/26 - Unending Knight or Straight to the Point?

Well. SNC showed true grit tonight. But I am sincerely worried there may not be much left in the tank by the end of the game. If SNC can grab an early lead, I will feel pretty good. But boy, UWSP is playing well.

Purely on sentiment, 3-2 SNC wins.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Point 764, SNC -42. Just kidding. Point 6-4, with an empty netter.
      "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

St Norbert is 8-1-1 in the last 10 against Stevens Point, but I think it's UWSP year. No team has lost 3 Championship games in a row. UWSP 2-1. Going to be a great game! Good luck to both teams!!!

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
          Point 764, SNC -42. Just kidding. Point 6-4, with an empty netter.
          Hey now you listen here! We've been nothing but good to you buddy.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

1/2 the d3hockey crew are Pointers. There will be no cheering in the press box tonight, boys!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Yeah, Point looked great yesterday.

However, I thought UM-Boston was gonna be better than advertised and they were. Ending Norwich, Babson, Trinity, and Hobart's seasons in the span of a couple weeks means you can play.

Hoping for a great championship game and optimistic about SNC's chances of bringing home another championship...

Comment

Normally this is easy, SNC all day. But I've got to wonder if SNC is going to have enough gas in the tank for this one. I know better than to do this, but I'm going 3-2 UWSP. And this is coming from a guy who told everyone to bet against Norbert at your own peril.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Where will one be able to watch this matchup? Other than Lake Placid of course.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Where will one be able to watch this matchup? Other than Lake Placid of course.
                    ncaa.com. Click here and there should be a link for video around game time

If you're watching on a droid or iphone, you need to download software.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                      He wouldn't have to cheer against SNC if he wasn't a fan of a team who had a guy for a coach the last 15 years whose main qualifications were he was buddies with the AD. As for tonight's game I'll take 3-2 Nubs.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        1/2 the d3hockey crew are Pointers. There will be no cheering in the press box tonight, boys!!
                        Anyone worried about that needs to step out of 1999. Gotta remember that when you know and respect whoever it is that wins, you also know and respect someone who just had their season ended. Was the case last night and will be again tonight. Getting emotionally invested in outcomes went the way of the dodo long, long ago.
                        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                          Anyone worried about that needs to step out of 1999. Gotta remember that when you know and respect whoever it is that wins, you also know and respect someone who just had their season ended. Was the case last night and will be again tonight. Getting emotionally invested in outcomes went the way of the dodo long, long ago.
                          Exactly. Tonight's game isn't about us old farts on the Internet. It's about the kids playing in the game enjoying and taking advantage of this once in a lifetime (for most) opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                            Still waiting for my sweater to buy my enormous fandom.
                            "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Tonight's starting lineups (per NCAA web site)
                              UWSP: (G) Milosek (D) Beauvais, Brooks (LW) Duffin, (C) Dixon (RW) Kromm
                              SNC: (G) Kujava (D) Campbell, Thompson (LW) Wahlrab (C) Pavek (RW) Hill
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X