Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final Five

WCHA referee Oliver "Butch" Mousseaux is in critical condition after suffering a head injury during warmups before the 2nd WCHA semifinal game on Friday. Mousseaux fell and hit his head on the ice before the WCHA Final Five game between Michigan Tech and Ferris State. He was reportedly not wearing a helmet. He was transported to Mercy Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, Mich.

Two different organizations are raising funds to support Butch and his family in this time of need. If you'd like to help please go to the gofundme page or visit the following link from Dawg Nation Hockey Foundation where the next $2500 raised will be matched $3 to $1, so if you donate $50, Butch and his family will get $100.

For more information on the situation check out our post at THG: http://techhockeyguide.com/news/2016/3/21/editorial
    and join the Get Better Butchy facebook group to get updates from the family.

Through my travels for college hockey I have had the pleasure to chat and have drinks with many of the refs over the years. Butch was one of the nicer guys I ever met way back when he was a linesman for many WCHA games out in Colorado. I have the utmost respect for him as a referee even though I have not always agreed with his calls. He has earned my respect and my prayers so please, take the time to check this out and say a prayer for Butch and his family and if you can afford it, give something to the cause.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final

Just heard from a reliable source that Butch passed away today.

Comment

Re: Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
        There was a post in the Facebook group dedicated to him stating he had sadly.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
          I heard the same thing. I'm so sorry for his family and for all of those he knew. I thought he was the best ref in the WCHA.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That's terrible news. So sorry to hear. RIP.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I'm absolutely wrecked. I got to know Butch from when he was reffing rec league games that I played in here in Colorado. He was a great ref, always my favorite, and I was so happy when I saw him start working the college games. Every time I ran into him at the DU rink he always said hello and we would talk for a little. He was a sweet, gentle guy. I'm going to miss him.
              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Terrible news My eyes are tearing up as I am typing this. RIP Butch.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Absolutely devastated by this news. Butch was one of the true good guys out there. A great friend too.
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

RIP Butch
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      RIP Butch

Wow just announced his death on ESPNU

Comment

Inconceivable that they used to play hockey without helmets. Godspeed to Butch's family.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Inconceivable that they used to play hockey without helmets. Godspeed to Butch's family.
                          RIP, this is so sad
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Sad news indeed. Starman just talked about this during the intermission and got the story wrong, saying he hit his head on the boards.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Sad news indeed. Starman just talked about this during the intermission and got the story wrong, saying he hit his head on the boards.
                              I can never figure out why announcers have to state information when they don't know what they are saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X