Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    I have an idea! All the conferences join together and for a super-duper conference!!! Just think of the rivalries then!
    I'm for it if it means Michigan Tech fans stop whining.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      I can't figure out why you Wisco fans are so happy. Notre Dame didn't exactly light HE up but they will be way better then the badgers. It's just one more team that will be ahead of you in the rankings... I'd think you'd be more upset then happy.
      Yes, because Wisconsin's history leads one to believe their program will stay in the same shape it has been in the last few years
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        So how do BI7 teams think scheduling will change for them given this addition. Playoffs?

With seven teams you can still stick with 4 games against league opponents and now have 10 OOC games. The Notre Dame add in 2017-18 gives you next season to find a new team to get you to 8, then things get interesting with scheduling I would guess. 28 in conference games is a lot these days, given the current landscape with many more OOC games.

How will you deal with 7 teams for playoffs if you are stuck with that for another year.

Is there any way ASU might get the Alaska treatment and become exempt games? I imagine that would make them very attractive to you guys as it would allow for the 4 in conference games, while still getting 10 OOCs.
        Have rotating schedule. WCHA did this for a while. Not ideal, but it can work. Personally, I don't think they will stay at seven.

Comment

I see we are in agreement then.
          Haha the arrogance of the UVM fan following one of the best seasons in program history (15-22-3 / 6-13-3). Does anyone even notice when UVM has a down year...?
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Haha the arrogance of the UVM fan following one of the best seasons in program history (15-22-3 / 6-13-3). Does anyone even notice when UVM has a down year...?
            Dude I was agreeing with a minny fan... I thought that the smartarse in that post was clear enough so I wouldn't have to point it out. Never underestimate a UNH fan I guess.
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I'm sure ND will tell you it's about the rivalries blah blah blah
              Personally, I think they're just trying to be the first program to fill all the spaces on the "Conference Bingo Card." They've played as an Independent, and as members of the WCHA, CCHA, HE, and now B1G.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I'm sure ND will tell you it's about the rivalries blah blah blah
                You keep saying these words...

Comment

Dude I was agreeing with a minny fan... I thought that the smartarse in that post was clear enough so I wouldn't have to point it out. Never underestimate a UNH fan I guess.
                  Oh, only you can be sarcastic and make jokes...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

The three MAC schools should join to make it a 10-team conference. The BIG MAC conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Antoine Pitts' Evil Twin View Post
                      The three MAC schools should join to make it a 10-team conference. The BIG MAC conference.
                      As unfulfilling as ever, but now with more bloat!
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        Yes, because Wisconsin's history leads one to believe their program will stay in the same shape it has been in the last few years
                        Clarkson and RPI are gonna be coming back around aaaaany year now.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

They should take and put

HE, ECAC, AHA in the "East"

B1G, NCHC, WCHA in the "West"

After a meaningless regular season, the top #32 teams enter the playoffs. The #32 seed plays the #1 seed and so forth until we are down to two teams, one east team and one west team who battle it out in a best of 5 series.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            Clarkson and RPI are gonna be coming back around aaaaany year now.
                            Neither are an athletic institution like Wisconsin. UW has far more resources. They made the coaching decision that was necessary and overdue. I don't expect that program to be down long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              You keep saying these words...
                              Ok?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                                You welcome 4 more losses? I think all that inbreeding is starting to take a toll.
                                Originally posted by Dan View Post

Wait... he's a Vermont fan?

That makes my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X